Subscriptions & Donations ×

98-02 Accord Coupe 2.0L and 3.0L DIY Power Steering Cooler.

davebrads

• Site Subscriber’s

Not finished yet, but I'm quite proud of this so I thought I'd show you. New and old PSF return pipe, should be back on the car tonight. One slight bend to do to finish off, but that can be an over the knee bend when I've got it by the car to make sure it all lines up OK.

PSF.jpg

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s

That's right. I had to sacrifice a compression nut for each swage, but I am lucky that I could "borrow" them from some obscure fittings that we had in stock at work. We'll probably get an order for them tomorrow and I'll have to hold my hand up.

• Like 2

• Moderators

"No boss, someone dropped them and they got trodden on by the tea lady on her rounds!" :lol:

Good idea though, olives can be bought separately and are a better profile than Yorkshire fittings which i've seen used to create the same.

DSC_0256.jpg

I seriously need to tidy my garage! :lol:

• Moderators
4 hours ago, davebrads said:

Not finished yet, but I'm quite proud of this so I thought I'd show you. New and old PSF return pipe, should be back on the car tonight. One slight bend to do to finish off, but that can be an over the knee bend when I've got it by the car to make sure it all lines up OK.

PSF.jpg

When does the concert start?:lol:

Nice bit of pipework B) did you use a pipe  bender or the old knee version? :lol:

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Nice tool kit there, Dave !

Ha ha, yeah! It's the remains of a set of tools i bought as a job lot on fleabay to get just one or two bits, one was an electric sprayer (no compressor needed) and i can't remember the other one.

I suppose i should really go through all the dodgy stuff and put it in the big black plastic toolbox that sits in the garden and gets emptied on a regular (if not frequent) basis. It would help in my quest to get the garage empty enough to get a car in there again! ;):D

• Like 1

• Founding Member
10 hours ago, davebrads said:

PSF.jpg

Marvellous looking job.  I tried but failed to make something like this. And a new one would be £114,,,,but then Stu had an old one.....

• Like 4

• The title was changed to 98-02 Accord Coupe 2.0L and 3.0L DIY Power Steering Cooler.
  • The topic was pinned