Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Accord Head Lights Halogen vs HID vs LED

Pr1ths

• Founding Member

Very nice!

Did you upgrade to projectors or use the original figments? Also did you upgrade the side lights to HID too(if that's possible that is) or just use standard 501 bulbs upgraded to LED 501s?

I've been wanting to do that for years but wanted to keep our original light units as I love the horizontal side Light strip which looks pretty damn good with the led 501 installed.

Yh the horizontal lights look ace, just put LED 501 bulbs in them, and used the standard lights and just put the HID KIT in.

Will send you a pic with just the 501 led in dim day as look even better

Just need to change the orange led as got the chromes ready.

• Founding Member

Yh the horizontal lights look ace, just put LED 501 bulbs in them, and used the standard lights and just put the HID KIT in.

Will send you a pic with just the 501 led in dim day as look even better

Just need to change the orange led as got the chromes ready.

Unless you've bought the front chrome indicator bulbs already you might want to try the Phillips ones. I was very surprised with their price and obviously the quality is brilliant. I just tried finding out how much I paid but can't find the email as I bought them over 3/4 years ago. I find Autobulbs Direct is very good and a good search on eBay will get you good quality bulbs.

• Founding Member

If you by any chance upgrade the fog light bulbs then please take some pics as I have tried VERY hard to get the bulbs out but they just look totally sealed. Stu did tell me how to do it hut I haven't tried since.

• 11 months later...

To be fair they all practically the same just diff stickers, i opted fir the 55w over the 35w as more power and having used both the 35w are very poor, these were the 1s I ordered as 55w and 4300k is classed as the OEM xenon colour

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261539328383

£30 for HIDS.... ummmmm is there a down side... there has to be a down side... surely??

• Administrators

Quality kit (expensive) vs Cheap kit ^_^ the downsides,  the kelvin scale is either exaggerated or underrated resulting in it being useless long term e.g blinding everybody or you can't see in the rain or fog and cheap kits are not as well power regulated which leads to damage of the headlight housing :huh:

• Like 1

Quality kit (expensive) vs Cheap kit ^_^ the downsides,  the kelvin scale is either exaggerated or underrated resulting in it being useless long term e.g blinding everybody or you can't see in the rain or fog and cheap kits are not as well power regulated which leads to damage of the headlight housing :huh:

See you tease me then you knock me down. :) OK well I am def safer sticking with uprated bulbs.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Link to ebay UK for those HIDs :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261539328383?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D261539328383%26_rdc%3D1

I've had trouble in the past when i followed a link that started ebay.com because the sale and payment didn't go through correctly. The goods turned up faulty and i had all kinds of trouble because i'd bought it through ebay.com (the USA site) instead of ebay.co.uk (the UK site). Long time ago now but i doubt whether ebay have changed anything so would still cause people trouble i expect.

It says 100% Plug'n'Play but i wonder if that would include earth-switched high/low beams?

• Founding Member

Hello Geoff,

I've had a look for the ones I installed in my car but can't seem to find them. I bought them from Autobulbs Direct, they seem to have another replacement bulb that is also 1.5w but with less LEDs. Here's the link http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/new_search.php?root_categoryid=&mode=search&search_string=501+led

and yes I do still have the grille....I dug it out of the store room a month before the meet and the rest is history.

ps and the Travellodge I booked for the meet wouldn't give me a refund ?

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

My Tourer has HID, absolutely fantastic lights puts everything else in the shade (err,sic!) and a lot longer light cone that his test showed.

Not convinced with the visual stuff in that, unfortunately my speakers have just given up so didn't get the commentary, will try on tablet tomorrow.

Seen some of the LED conversions, not totally convinced.... is it the reflectors that are the problem when you fit LED to Halogen  type lights?

• Like 2