Subscriptions & Donations ×

Davanti DX390 Tyres "205 55 R16"

PTR200S

• Moderators

Anyone used these Davanti DX390 tyres before?

http://davanti-tyres.com/tyrerange/tyreDetails?treaduid=01e9f565-77cb-4d80-9df9-5ac91297764a

if so what do you think?

There appears to be only one version in the 205/55/16 size with a wet weather grip rating of A and fuel of C.  The noise rating is 68 decibels which is on par with the newer modern tyres now being produced.. Its also W rated.

I have been offered them at a great price BUT..... :rolleyes: are they any good !

• Like 2

• Administrators

No real experience in Davanti myself, but a customer rolled in with a full set just before Christmas and I like to ask these sort of questions as there is some quality rubber well hidden out there :lol: Anyway the guy said they ticked all the boxes but are noisy at high speed, they seemed ok to me after I serviced the car so cannot confirm this but seemed to grip well on a cold damp day nonetheless.

Also, I found some reviews on a pretty trustworthy source for you to digest: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Davanti/DX390.htm

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

No real experience in Davanti myself, but a customer rolled in with a full set just before Christmas and I like to ask these sort of questions as there is some quality rubber well hidden out there :lol: Anyway the guy said they ticked all the boxes but are noisy at high speed, they seemed ok to me after I serviced the car so cannot confirm this but seemed to grip well on a cold damp day nonetheless.

Also, I found some reviews on a pretty trustworthy source for you to digest: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Davanti/DX390.htm

Thanks for that, noise seemed to be an issue for one, strange the others confirmed they were quiet!

Also considered Efficient Grip Performance,  got them on another and they really good and quiet but more expensive.

• Like 3

Made by the same Chinese firm that makes Landsail.  Given the deals you can get from places like Tyreleaders for top brands (£38 each for Dunlop Sport Bluresponse for my Mercedes Coupe 15 inch wheels) I'd would go for a better brand - the Goodyear Efficient Grips on my coupe were really very quiet and nicely compliant with all round good performance.  I'll happily compromise on pattern parts for a lot of things but that little patch of rubber that is the only thing keeping me on the road has to come from someone I trust.  

• Like 3

I have to say I have never heard of this brand of tyre before, that does not mean that they are not good. Sometimes it can mean the opposite - no news is good news. ;)

Like I was determined to fit Nokian Tyres on my car, as I have done on my cars where need be for the last 15 years, because they are excellent tyres!

But then I was informed from a reliable source that they had had very good results with NEXEN Tyres. So I made a few enquiries and although the official tests were not impressive, everyone I spoke to praised them!

Also at £62.50 a corner for 235/40x18's N8000 95Y/XL's fitted compared to approx £100.00 each for the Nokian it was a bit of a no-brainer..... :)

And I have to say I am very pleased with them. No tram-lining and very neutral at high speed as well as instilling confidence on rain-soaked motorways with effortless stability.

Also they are manufactured in Korea and standard fitment on a lot of up-market cars. Certainly better than some dubious Chinese manufacturers I have to say.

Here is their Test Facility.

But good luck with whatever you choose.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, CharlesM said:

Made by the same Chinese firm that makes Landsail.  Given the deals you can get from places like Tyreleaders for top brands (£38 each for Dunlop Sport Bluresponse for my Mercedes Coupe 15 inch wheels) I'd would go for a better brand - the Goodyear Efficient Grips on my coupe were really very quiet and nicely compliant with all round good performance.  I'll happily compromise on pattern parts for a lot of things but that little patch of rubber that is the only thing keeping me on the road has to come from someone I trust.  

yeah, I have to say I am impressed with the efficent grip performance, so much so I put them on my van too!

• Like 2

• Moderators

The other possibility is to use Rainsport, the TVR boys reckon the are the dogs bo**o&ks................ Charles right re tyres I have stopped buying Chinese stuff this last couple of years, even chucked a couple of NEW ones off my other halfs Jazz which were on when we picked it up...

New tyres said the blokey, after about a week my other half says she is not happy, the car was understeering across the road, in the DRY :rolleyes:

I have to tell you although my other half is a motorcyclist from some years back and used to stuff sliding around if she says something is bad on the car , it IS BAD !  on top of that she drives like Miss Daisy in a car now so you know there is something wrong!

Bunged a couple of Dunlop Sport Blueresponse on and the problem was solved at a stroke....anyone want a couple of Chinese tyres to fit a Jazz? !:lol:

• Like 1

I had Dunlop Sport Blue-response on my 323i and they were excellent.

Not that I fitted them, they were on the alloys I bought to replace the standard alloys that were on there when I originally bought the car that I not only did not like particularly but the tyres looked a bit naff...

• Moderators

Bit more info on Davanti tyres, the dx390 is the one to go for the only problem may be a  bit noisy at speed although they ae reportly only 68 decibels, not sure at what speed the decibel rating is taken but i presume there is a standard to adhere to.

I now have a price of 56 quid fitted, balanced and valved, each of course. The Goodyear efficent grip is coming in at 72 quid. Price of rubber seems to have gone up this last six months :blink:

In pursuit of the davanti tyres i also discovered that the MX5 cup cars will race on them 2017 and 2018. 

So think i will give them a go, i already know about the Dunlop blues and Goodyear eficient so i can do a bit of a comparison :P

• Like 3

• Moderators

It will be interesting to see the comparison Pete - i learned a long time ago that tyres that work well for some people in one area are terrible in another area, it's all down to road surfaces.

Once upon a time i always used to swear by Pirellis but round my neck of the woods they're not particularly good and the Falkens i have are much better. That said i bought a set of tyres that turned out to be an Australian premium tyre (they were sold as budget radials here though) and they are very nearly as good as the Falkens but were half the price. Seem to have disappeared off the radar though! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Pirelli,  yuk, had some bad experiences with them on bikes and a couple or three of cars, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.  :lol: more grip with smooth sole shoes on ice,,,,:P

Had some similarly bad experiences with Continental tyres, there were a lot of fake ones about at the time. I think there were quite a few fake Pirellis around too. The Contis had even less grip than a teflon coated ice cube on a skating rink! :o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Only managed 35 miles on them today so not run in as it were but they are very quiet bearing in mind that Hondas generally are tyre noisy beasts. The grip level is very good in the wet despite the limited miles done but they do have an A rating for grip and C rating fuel.

I can hear a lot of noise from the back which are on Michelins energy savers and yet they are only two decibels different from the front and rated B for grip and E for fuel :o efficiency.

More news as they rack up some miles.

• Like 1

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Only managed 35 miles on them today so not run in as it were but they are very quiet bearing in mind that Hondas generally are tyre noisy beasts. The grip level is very good in the wet despite the limited miles done but they do have an A rating for grip and C rating fuel.

I can hear a lot of noise from the back which are on Michelins energy savers and yet they are only two decibels different from the front and rated B for grip and E for fuel :o efficiency.

More news as they rack up some miles.

Michelins are always noisy because they're such a hard compound. Also never seem to grip as well as anything else i've used, except possibly the Teflon coated Chinese Ditch-Finders! ;):D

• Like 1

Sorry, I feel a bit guilty seeing as this is really Pete's Davanti Tyre thread - so apologies in advance.

Just wanted to point out that seeing as I have had the N8000's on for quite a while now, and under just about all conditions I can honestly say that they are "Very Good" as a Tyre and "Excellent" for the price! 

They have instilled straight away a fair bit of confidence in the car's handling capabilities, even when pulling out of my daughter's drive turning hard right and uphill in damp conditions into a busy and fast 'A' Road under hard acceleration sure, there was wheelspin, but not enough to hinder pulling away very smartish, and only for the briefest of time. I did more or less the same on the previous tyre and hard to release the accelerator because I was pretty much standing still!

And I've tried to see where the limit is under acceleration around a corner off-camber, and solid!

Noise levels, well a bit difficult with my exhaust setup, but I can't hear them at all...lol. :)

I think the Grading on them is pretty unfair to be honest and I'm glad I ignored it as they feel as good as the ContiProContact-2's I had on the R75.

Also I know you can get these for £55.00 fitted at Formula 1.

Or if you want to order them yourself:  https://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p124867/Nexen_Tyres_Car_Nexen_N8000_Nexen_N_8000_-_225_45_R17_91W_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_3_Noise%3A_74dB   (This being the cheapest I could find Online - mostly sell for £75 - £80)

And they're a good-looking tyre!

Watch the Speed...!!!  He's driving on Nexen N8000.. :( States at 33 seconds in.