Subscriptions & Donations ×

Rev

Hello,

I recently purchased a nice V6 Coupe up here in Scotland. 100k, lovely drive, loving it so far.

It seems to have spent some time here in Scotland during recent years but has changed hands regularly. On casual inspection it seems that the fuel tank is leaking a fair bit but as long as I dont fill much beyond half its fine. Given the cost of a replacement tank and the issues around getting the sub-frame removed to replace I an thinking of an LPG system in the not too distant future.

Paint isnt bad given that its 19 years old (nearly) though it could do with a touch up here and there, in particular the roof. 

If anybody has any knowledge of its history I would be glad to hear it. Reg S30 OOR

Looking at a roof rack system that can help me with my bike so if any of you have one fitted please let me know what has worked for you?

Lovely drive. Thirsty but not doing big miles so not too much of a worry. 

Glad to have this forum as a resource, thank you. 

The Rev.

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Welcome Charles!  Another coupe owner is very welcome and Stuart (Hughzee) is just about the most knowledgeable Honda Coupe expert there is - and definitely the most friendly and accessible.....

I too have an interest in a roof rack (bikes too)  for the coupe, but as yet have not found anything.  Been looking at tow bar mounted racks too but cannot find a tow bar at less cost than a new car.....!!!

I do hope you enjoy the club and look forward to meeting you at some point.  Personally, I am in Manchester so some way from you, but one of the more northerly guys

Cheers

Paul....

• Like 4

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, Teamrmaccordcoupe said:

Plus I have a fuel tank up for grabs for 100 quid 

Definitely interested!!!

Thank you for responding to the post and apologies for any delay in picking it up.

I am assuming you are nearby (proximity to Linwood/Paisley)?

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:54 PM, PaulS said:

Welcome Charles!  Another coupe owner is very welcome and Stuart (Hughzee) is just about the most knowledgeable Honda Coupe expert there is - and definitely the most friendly and accessible.....

I too have an interest in a roof rack (bikes too)  for the coupe, but as yet have not found anything.  Been looking at tow bar mounted racks too but cannot find a tow bar at less cost than a new car.....!!!

I do hope you enjoy the club and look forward to meeting you at some point.  Personally, I am in Manchester so some way from you, but one of the more northerly guys

Cheers

Paul....

Hi Paul and thanks for the welcome.

The best (and perhaps only) solution I can find for the roof-rack is the Thule 'Short Roof Adapter' or SRA as it is often marketed. It effectively anchors at the door aperture and pulls the rear roof bar down into the roof gully at the required distance.

SR1116_11_1000.jpg

thsradapt2B.jpg

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Welcome Charles to the best Coupe Forum there is.  We all drive this cracking USA made coupe and we all love them.  A few other member drive other marques too.  You've already found a great petrol tank courtesy of Rabby, this is a great place to find parts, advice and expertise.  Don't be afraid to ask anything, we've all been there.

Welcome again.

• Like 2

On 23/01/2017 at 10:21 AM, BN Coupe said:

Welcome Charles.  I had a fuel leak last year but it didn't require a new tank.  Let me know if you want more details and I'll dig out the invoice or speak to my mechanic about what work he did.

Thank you for the offer.

It would have been nice if it was only a fuel line that needed replaced however I can be pretty certain the tank it gone but its ok if it isn't filled too high. 

Its one of a number of things that will need to wait but might also consider LPG - assuming I get a lottery win soon..

• Like 1

Nice to get a knock on the door from the previous owner of my car (who sold it to the man I bought it from) who has all of the missing information and maintenance records. Excellent! 

A real surprise but it goes to show that its worth putting it out there when you want information - you never know what might pop up! 

Community at its best.

Thanks go to Rabbie. 

• Like 5

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, GeoffPurpleHaze said:

I'm getting a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.  That's why this is the best forum bar none.  :wub:

Spurred on by Ahsys efforts & contributions to the site I created some new ranks and you've been recognised as a VIP member as well Geoff, frankly, we couldn't do it without your enthusiasm ;)

• Like 2