Subscriptions & Donations ×

Rev

• Founding Member

Agreed chaps.  When you've had one you become attached to it. You appreciate how well they drive, how comfortable they are, how rare they are and how smooth, refined and fast they are too.  This will be my second coupe.  When you have another marque, you compare it to the coupe and unless the new car is a Bentley or other high end marque, then there's no comparison. Yes our cars are getting on a bit, yes they don't have all the newer gadgets, yes they're not that economical, yes they're long and hard to reverse park, yes they'll need TLC and maintenance to keep them going and yes due to their age everything starts to fail or pack up all at the same time.  But fortunately we have the resources of the forum and Mr Coupe Guru Stu.  I've said before no one touches underneath the bonnet besides Stu and no one else drives my coupe.  I don't thrash it and I spend more on it than I spend on the wife (as she has informed me a number of times).  That's why despite it being made in 1998, it passed its last MOT with no advisories because I look after it, as we all do, and I am willing and happy to spend the money to keep Purple Haze on the road.  Honda's legendary reliability and build quality really shows in our coupes.

My wife had a brand new Fiesta for a week last week and even she said "it isn't a match for my Civic, it all plastic and there's a fault on the dash already".  Even she knows Honda's are the best and she will be having another Honda next as I will be (Legend I think).

Honda rules.  Beep Beep. 

• Like 2

• Founding Member

My wife has just handed back a 66 plate Fiesta and it's already showing a fault with the tyre pressure sensors!  Even she said they're all plastic inside and she knows nothing about cars other than driving them.  Trouble with Ford and lots of other cars is that they're costed by accountants to make as cheap as possible, hence why they start developing faults early on.  

Honda all the way.

• Like 1

• Founding Member
On 20/01/2017 at 4:45 PM, Rev said:

Hi Paul and thanks for the welcome.

The best (and perhaps only) solution I can find for the roof-rack is the Thule 'Short Roof Adapter' or SRA as it is often marketed. It effectively anchors at the door aperture and pulls the rear roof bar down into the roof gully at the required distance.

SR1116_11_1000.jpg

thsradapt2B.jpg

Thanks for this tip - I will be chasing it up.....  I already have a Thule square bar system with feet.... so it could work out....

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

• Founding Member

The Thule Short Roof adaptor arrived and I can see how it might work, however I contacted Thule and asked what fitting kit they recommend - but they don't!  They say they have not identified a safe and reliable system...:  It looks to me that the fitting kit for a Vauxhall Meriva might work though....  Will try it out --but the likelihood is that it woll not grip suppiciently in teh top of the door frame and it does need to be tensioned down hard......

Thule Support (Thule)

20 Feb, 16:09 CET

Hello Paul and thank you for your enquiry.

I regret to inform you that our engineers were unable to find a safe and secure roof-rack solution for the Honda Accord and as such we are unable to advise on any options I am sorry.

We spend a considerable amount of time trying to find solutions for as many vehicles as possible but in this case we have be unsuccessful.

I am sorry that we could not have been of more help, it is possible that Honda have developed their own system but that is our only suggestion.

Kind regards

Barry
  • Like 1