Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Moderators

Caliper back on, pads in of course !

As a note, the piston was screwed in another half turn to take account of the worn disk...new disk takes up the slack !!

rear-disk-1r.jpg

More BH UC applied

rear-disk-1s.jpg

up here too !

rear-disk-1t.jpg

Wheel back on, test for operation, yep all good !!

This came out of the rear arches... good shovel full....and I think I keep it pretty clean under here but this stuff was in all the orifices I can't get to without taking the wheels off.

rear-disk-1u.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s
On 6/20/2020 at 10:07 PM, PTR200S said:

Fixed the light in the clock, today, genuine Honda bulb, only three years since I started the job 🙄 

Remembered to insert the clock top first   🙂

Sat in the scrumptious smelling leather,,,,,need another go at it whilst its clean !!! Tomorrows job I reckon.

where did you get the bulb from? I found a few on eBay, but they were a right faff to fit, and not very bright either.

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
On 6/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, Vibesy said:

Got my Coupe back today as my brother had borrowed it as his car was off the road so I thought I would treat Dotty to a lot of love and attention 😁

20200624-164647.jpg20200624-164706.jpg20200624-164713.jpg20200624-164652.jpg

Looks good in green! Most seem to be in silver including mine. 

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s

Since owning my Coupe (May 2019) I've done nothing to it mechanically, other than an oil change. But I've been getting a bit of hesitation and a lumpy idle on first start up. So on checking the ignition system, I find that all 6 spark plugs are only screwed in, barely hand tight! So these came out and got a clean. They were in good condition though. Then a look at the dizzy and rotor arm, both of which had seen better days. I've cleaned them up, and refitted, but have some new ones on order. Anyway, it idles nicely now, and rises to about 1200 rpm on a cold start. Nice! 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Chrismas said:

where did you get the bulb from? I found a few on eBay, but they were a right faff to fit, and not very bright either.

Ended up importing it from the States....they should have been available from UK dealers but they were either too expensive and/ or didn't have any stock anyway !!

Part no

35505-S84-N01

2nd page on here;

• Like 3

• Moderators

The pics don't really show the extent of the damage, pretty lumpy and the actual disk thickness of the good bit was at minimum recommended thickness too. Hence having to screw the piston in another half turn.

The original discs I removed were genuine Honda disks, probably the original factory ones but as it was a one owner car with full service history it may have had new ones from the dealer......87k miles

After I had trouble in January/ February this year with seized calipers and delamination of the pads I cleaned up this disks and put new Honda pads in. Pics on earlier in this thread.  This improved it no end but I knew that I would have to replace them eventually. 

I cleaned up the Jan / Feb Honda pads from last time and reused them this time too.. so have a spare set of new honda pads in stock !

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
13 hours ago, hughezee said:

I have purchased a new harmonic balancer as the rubber is cracking on mine and I have promised myself the Accord coupe will be back on the road by October, not all the jobs will be done but a few new ones at least...

Have you got a bit of a wobble on or has your rubber come adrift then ??  !! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
10 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Have you got a bit of a wobble on or has your rubber come adrift then ??  !! 😄

Na its still good, so it goes in the spares pot if anybody needed one, member Dave was lucky recently, every part his coupe needed to get back on the road I had one.

• Like 4
  • Clap Hands 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Today I actually started to put the coupe back together (interior wise) but I couldn't resist a quick start-up and as soon as it fired into life, I heard noises like somebody dragging an anchor and chain along the floor it was promptly shut off, shat myself was an understatement 😆. The suddenly realized I hadn't put the brakes back together oops 😒

Also, rock auto has kindly ragged my wallet again, updates to follow 🤪

• Like 3

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Also, rock auto has kindly ragged my wallet again, updates to follow 🤪

Looking forward to that ! ! !

They nearly raped my wallet yesterday as well, it was the S&H that killed it on one particular item (rear brake disc/drums) though and i managed to find what i needed on fleabay and take advantage of the 20% discount fleabay was offering on items over £15 so got the disc/drums cheaper.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Fluid check day , all good plus a full reservoir quantity of PS fluid extracted  and replaced with Mr Honda finest,,,got a few bottles to go through before moving onto something better....

While I was at it did the Elysion and sil Tourer too !!

• Like 3