Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Kelvin said:

I washed the car 😀 Makes a nice change to see the colour of the wheels!

The top coat on the paint is leaving the party tho...

IMG_20200206_111258318.jpg

Just a suggestion member Mike had the same issue on his 7th Gen accord on the bonnet and jet washed all lacquer off, looked ready to repaint and clearcoat?

• Like 3

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, PaulS said:

I noticed that both front sidelamps have lots of condensation.  Does anyone else have similar issues?  How to get rid?  Hairdrier?

You could also leave them in the airign cupboard overnight instead of the hairdryer.

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
10 hours ago, hughezee said:

Just a suggestion member Mike had the same issue on his 7th Gen accord on the bonnet and jet washed all lacquer off, looked ready to repaint and clearcoat?

Tried the jet washing - it's nowhere near ready to let go yet.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s
12 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Not a great idea to be honest. The base colour can go porous if left uncovered and that leads to rust. That's why i want to sort mine out ASAP, even if i just rattle can it. ;):D

Having friends with Type 1 VW campers that are worth over 50k and which are nothing but rusty panels, I'm not so nervous about letting her go that way. 

I have thought about using proper rusty paint and a few rattle cans of base fleck to give her a proper rat look 😀

She's never going to be a beauty but kept well, she'll be a good donor car for the club one day.

• Confused 2

• Site Subscriber’s

The V6 went in today to have the cat guard put back in after it was ripped off a while back. Had the bolt holes plated and gave it to Tom to refit whilst he was changing the oil. Some fresh 10-40 semisynthetic and a S2000 filter fitted, a bit overdue if I'm honest.

Tom, who's the previous owner, checked over the exhaust properly whilst it was up on the ramps - "it looks like it did when you bought it from me". Which was 2½ years ago and he reckons at that rate, it'll be fine for a while longer. It's still the original 😜 

So a clean bill of health today - next stop is up to see Stu, get the gearbox oil part changed with some Amsoil I purchased last week and get the Focal amp and speakers fitted 😀

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Having had the new tyres on the back for a couple of weeks it was time to swap front to back, easy job, two trolley jacks, airgun and its done........not !

I got the tyres changed by National tyres who were very good I have to say, and a great price, but they must have put the Saturday lad on the "refit them wheels, lad" job....

Had to break out the long arm wheel nut remover to "crack them"..but not all, no way were they torqued up by anyone with a feel for tightness.  All different and even had one "looser" than the rest !!!

Interestingly, National Tyres said come back after a 100 miles to have them re-torqued.....erm, right,  oh look mister some of them were "slack" !!!

Also manged to get in cleaned before it rained....yet again...🐳

Anyway, job done, next on the blocks is a Jazz caliper.....

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Bah humbug - went to swap the orange bulbs in the indicators for silver ones today, I'd bought them a while back and it appears they gave me the wrong ones. I can't even remember where I bought them from.

Ah well. Try again!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

Another nice day today, no rain and sunglasses out for a while !!

Washed the crap off the Coupe again, can't wait for the roads to dry up properly, wet waxed it only though..😕   

Ready for a Classic Car meet, two actually, starting at 9.30am tomorrow......oh, and a visit to an autojumble at 7.30am too !!!!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just some weeks it seems, although after this Covid19 stuff my calendar has gone to pot !, when I last cleaned the Coupe I also cleaned off a stack of tar 😞

Yet again the tar is half way up the car, not as bad as the Elysion but enough to feel like 80 grit sandpaper once the car had been cleaned of the dirty stuff.

Still using this tar remover, both of the brands work well and now the Coupes flanks are as smooth as a babes bum.:-)

tar-removal-310320-1.jpg

tar-removal-310320-1a.jpg

tar-removal-310320-1b.jpg

tar-removal-310320-1c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

Washed and super resin polished for the first time in a long time! Trying to pace out the jobs and not rush them all in the first few weeks. Unlike the neighbours who had jet washed everything insight including their driveway. Which is why i washed the Honda, one side looked like it had been rallying after they sprayed all their 🤬  through the hedge and pebble dashed it!! Tossers.

• Sad 2
  • grrrr 2

Also took the front licence plate off and holder. I really don't like it and thought about seeing if i could stick the plate directly to the bumper. Some real muck behind there. I think the two raised screw holes are angled for a reason for legal ones too. So cleaned up, took faded light grey, tatty holder coated it in satin black, fitted back replaced a rusty screw and it looks better. 

Thought about blacking the grill too at some point but not sure yet. May do some research.

1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Definitely need to spray something over next door, how friendly are you with a local farmer / muck spreader !! They are out in force now 🙂

Might need to keep them onside as I'm hoping to extend out into the driveway in the near future. That is when all this lock down is done and an actual builder can be found. Unless kids stop growing 🤔

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

Also took the front licence plate off and holder. I really don't like it and thought about seeing if i could stick the plate directly to the bumper. Some real muck behind there. I think the two raised screw holes are angled for a reason for legal ones too. So cleaned up, took faded light grey, tatty holder coated it in satin black, fitted back replaced a rusty screw and it looks better. 

Thought about blacking the grill too at some point but not sure yet. May do some research. 

I actually changed my plate to sit on the bumper, didn't like the holder but its there to angle the plate to vertical.  On the bumper it angles backwards slightly.  There are some pics somewhere on here....

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

I actually changed my plate to sit on the bumper, didn't like the holder but its there to angle the plate to vertical.  On the bumper it angles backwards slightly.  There are some pics somewhere on here....

Yes, just been looking through those and lobbing off the raised bolt holes. Did you stick with original plate in the end or find a decent vinyl? Think I'm gonna leave mine for a bit, plenty of other bits to catch up on.

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Yes, just been looking through those and lobbing off the raised bolt holes. Did you stick with original plate in the end or find a decent vinyl? Think I'm gonna leave mine for a bit, plenty of other bits to catch up on.

Decided to stick with the original plate, new one of course! , The local plod had been pulling bikes for small number plates at the time and I decided it probably wasn't a good idea then....as you say plenty of other stuff to do but plenty of time to do it as well 😁

• Like 1

Started taking the wheels off to give them a deep clean to match with the body work as they've not been done in my ownership (no time!). I have noticed before but forgot to mention, i have 3 can sprayed wheels 🙄 and one original looking chrome finish one. It's like someone gave up or got disturbed part way through a job. One side done but i haven't got anything good enough to tackle the baked on brake dust 😒 and can't just pop to nearest car shop really.

Anyway, better than they were. But what did come up good was the nuts i did actually polish 😂 soft wire brush attachment on the dremel and some metal polish thrown in they came up a treat! Yeh i know they'll hardly be seen but i know they're good!

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Andy Mc said:

haven't got anything good enough to tackle the baked on brake dust 😒 and can't just pop to nearest car shop really.

Have you tried the pink smelly stuff they normally use for cleaning wheels nowadays? 

I have been using Bilt Hamber wheel stuff for a while now and that seems to shift anything...available on line too !!! 

Downside of ordering stuff from BH is I end up  spending 100 quid no problem buying their other stuff!....daren't even look at their website at the mo ...until lockdown ends 😭

• Sad 1

Yes, i have a bottle of the clear, then run pink stuff. Really stinks, and doesn't touch the muck to be honest.

I'm more gutted at having 3 silver wheels as the chrome one stands out much better. Not sure of the correct terminology but to have them back to the original spec I'm guessing is going be £££. 

Whats BH site?

Taking off the AEM dry filter 'boom box' to clean now.

• Like 2