Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

Half way there...

lhNAFQJ.jpg

0AFWeTj.jpg

And a shiny 620 next to my 'on the naughty step' 214

luzjjld.jpg

The less said about the reg number the better (remove the numbers, say the first letter, then do a Homer Simpson.....unfortunate word). To distract you my Rover 420 and Streetwise are in the background outside my house. Thankfully a lot of parking around here...

LmPhkp7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Nice to see some pics of the 620, thanks!

Reminds me of the one i had and also of the Accord Coupe i had too, same rear end. I had the previous gen Coupe with the 2.2i lump (non-VTEC), only V6 version of that was in the USA and used the C27 engine same as i have in my Sterling. ;)  :D

• Administrators
On 7/15/2019 at 11:52 PM, Laird_Scooby said:

same rear end

Very similar-looking, nothing would be interchangeable though apart from two bulbs. 🙃

14 hours ago, welland99 said:

If I'm not mistaken, the front tyres look larger than those on the rear.  

Yeah riding high like a stock V6 coupe 😃 stay puft marshmallow tyres I believe. 😊

On 7/15/2019 at 8:07 PM, clayts450 said:

And a shiny 620 next to my 'on the naughty step' 214

Looks a nice motor, YES a car I would have myself without question. well 623GSi. 😋

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Very similar-looking, nothing would be interchangeable though apart from two bulbs. 🙃

I think the previous gen Accord Coupe used the same rear lamps, fog lamp and maybe bumper as the 600 Stu. They certainly looked identical parked back to back on my driveway. Bulbs and bulb holders were the same too as i had to "borrow" a few times when i needed to use one and a bulb or two had gone.

Can't remember the boot lids, whether they ere identical or not, i've a feeling they were. Most of the inside was the same and because they both had grey lether, i often had to look at the gearlever to remind myself which i was driving! ;):D

The photos do make the tyres look smaller at the rear but they are definitely the same size  - I had to go and check to make sure as I thought that too !

I think Dunlops have a squidgier sidewall than the ditchfinders which are on there, but I'm sure it'll balance out lovely when I get two more Dunlops on the front.

It drives fine, even with mismatching wheels.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, clayts450 said:

The photos do make the tyres look smaller at the rear but they are definitely the same size  - I had to go and check to make sure as I thought that too !

I think Dunlops have a squidgier sidewall than the ditchfinders which are on there, but I'm sure it'll balance out lovely when I get two more Dunlops on the front.

It drives fine, even with mismatching wheels.

When I said that the rear tyre looked smaller, I really meant that it looked a lower profile.  I can't believe that the front and rear tyres are an identical size - that must be the optical illusion of the century!

• Like 2

I'm not even going to bother the Police with it, it was clearly kids - even found the stone. Just hacked off that no-one owns up to things any more - I wouldn't have been angry, we were all kids and I did something similar when I was young (still cringe with embarrassment about breaking the glass in my infant school's summer house - I was about 5 or 6).

Anyway, Autoglass have been booked in for Saturday and luckily I have glass cover on my insurance, so 'just' the excess to pay.

As I'm gonna have to hang around all day for them, I've booked in KwikFit mobile in the morning to replace the other two tyres - they'll be happy as no mucking about taking off the wheels, as they're sat in the boot : would rather put them back on myself so they're torqued right, not eleventy billion Nm as is usually the case)

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Founding Member

Oh dear, but not surprised.  Same happened with my Coupe's rear window - Autoglass took 2 weeks to get the part  from the USA..... meanwhile there was a big gaping hole!!!

• Like 2

• Administrators

The little bleeping barstools 😡 I have toyed with the idea with getting the rear side glass from coupes I have parted out in the past and sadly don't have any for spares, but I will be buying a pair for my stock at some point.🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulS said:

Oh dear, but not surprised.  Same happened with my Coupe's rear window - Autoglass took 2 weeks to get the part  from the USA..... meanwhile there was a big gaping hole!!!

I've covered both sides with thick cardboard and Gorilla tape, as the glass is hanging in there on a wing and a prayer at the moment and I don't want some kid hurting himself (the neighbour's kid - who deffo wasn't the guilty party  - poked it with his inquisitive 4 year old finger and got scalded by both me and his Mum).

I've stuck some polythene over the outside as well, but ran out of Gorilla tape, so that's held on with parcel tape for now.

Looks like it'll be off the road until the window is replaced,  as I don't want to chance it popping in transit. Good job I have one or two other cars to rely upon (and the Rover 620 has likely got a reprieve now after it generated quite a lot of interest at the Festival of the Unexceptional !)

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, clayts450 said:

I've covered both sides with thick cardboard and Gorilla tape,

Can i suggest a more visible solution?

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/d-c-fix-clear-self-adhesive-film-45cm-x-2m/p/0309585

Won't be effected if it rains (cardboard will go soggy), won't draw attention to the fact the window is compromised and will hold the window together if the worst does happen while you're waiting for the replacement.

For the cost (£4) it could give you the use of your car back. ;):D

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Gorrila tape do a re-enforced clear tape, which I use for greenhouse glass breaks, brilliant stuff. Actually used it for holding together a front bay window on a static caravan after it got holed, and some, by a piece of hawthorn hedge fired off from a tractor hedge cutter !!, I kid you not!!! Held out for over 3 months !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Can i suggest a more visible solution?

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/d-c-fix-clear-self-adhesive-film-45cm-x-2m/p/0309585

Won't be effected if it rains (cardboard will go soggy), won't draw attention to the fact the window is compromised and will hold the window together if the worst does happen while you're waiting for the replacement.

For the cost (£4) it could give you the use of your car back. ;):D

Nice one, thanks. I was going to pop into Wilko (the modern day Woolworths, in my opinion) for 'something better' on the way home from work so it looks as if that'll do the trick ! As you say cardboarded up windows is a bit of an invitation to ne'er do wells to 'improve' the situation.

• Like 2

All done and even had time to pop some new spark plugs in as well - the gaps on the outgoing ones were certainly wider than 1.1mm so hopefully there'll be some improved explosions with the new Denso plugs (NGK were outgoing). Good colour though, so no sign of rich/lean running. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

some improved explosions with the new Denso plugs (NGK were outgoing).

Very little to choose between the two plugs technically to be honest, NGK tend to be more "economical" to buy though. On my wee beastie, one is quoted as originally having BCPR6E11 and the other BPR6ES - upgrade/alternative on both of those is BCPR6ES (gapped correctly of course, the 6E11 are preset to 1.1mm, the 6ES comes i think at 0.7mm and the BCPR6ES is 0.9mm) so it's usually cheaper for me to buy 12 and stretch the gap on 6 of them to 1.1mm and shrink it to 0.65-0.7mm on the other 6 for my beasties.

Given that you've also got multiple vehicles, it might be worth looking into whether savings could be made by using the same plug across more than one vehicle, just by altering the gap. ;):D

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

In an interesting development one of my neighbours has CCTV and may just have caught the incident on camera - we shall see.

Verrrrrrry interrrrrrrrrrresting Mr Bond!

Does it show it to be a deliberate act of vandalism by any chance? 🤔

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Very little to choose between the two plugs technically to be honest, NGK tend to be more "economical" to buy though. On my wee beastie, one is quoted as originally having BCPR6E11 and the other BPR6ES - upgrade/alternative on both of those is BCPR6ES (gapped correctly of course, the 6E11 are preset to 1.1mm, the 6ES comes i think at 0.7mm and the BCPR6ES is 0.9mm) so it's usually cheaper for me to buy 12 and stretch the gap on 6 of them to 1.1mm and shrink it to 0.65-0.7mm on the other 6 for my beasties.

Given that you've also got multiple vehicles, it might be worth looking into whether savings could be made by using the same plug across more than one vehicle, just by altering the gap. ;):D

To be fair I probably have some compatible new spark plugs here somewhere (need to also do the 620 and the Streetwise and have some lying around in a 'safe place' - I know not where).

Euro Car Parts had the right Denso ones in stock and didn't sting me much, as they had one of their never-ending DFS-type voucher codes available which brought them down to about 4 quid apiece, not to be sniffed at.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Verrrrrrry interrrrrrrrrrresting Mr Bond!

Does it show it to be a deliberate act of vandalism by any chance? 🤔

Don't know yet - they haven't reviewed the footage yet, but they believe it should extend far enough to see someone looking at the damage they caused - good thing is we have an approx time window to save them reviewing tons of video.

• Like 2