Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Site Subscriber’s
On 6/21/2019 at 10:24 PM, hughezee said:

They are 3mm bulbs, measured the original ones from the switches, hope that helps chaps

That's good. Took a bit of a punt on the size, as there's 3 different sizes. Never good buying stuff from ebay when you've had a drink or 3.

• Haha 3

• Moderators

With not much happening on the Coupe due to the reliability !! I did a bit more to the spoiler today, flatted back now with 1200 paper and lots of water, just a few imperfections I can see / feel so will try to fix those and then give it the final colour coat...need to ensure enough paint on edges to flat again but then it will be ready for lacquer.

Difficult to get the full spoiler in close up but here are two halves instead !!

spoiler-15.jpg

spoiler-14.jpg

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
On 6/20/2019 at 11:21 PM, Chrismas said:

Brilliant! Grain of wheat bulbs. Tried all sorts of descriptions in the the ebay search engine. Now, what colour? I'd like green, but I'd have to change all of them! Thanks dude! 

Update... Those ebay bulbs were a pig to fit, and too dim. They need to be brighter. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Wait until you get to the cabin filter !!!.........😲

more pics, please !!!

Sadly ECP were all out of pollen filters, sounds like I'll have some 'fun' when I do get to it then....

Am I right in thinking there's two ?

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

Right, where the heck is the oil filter on this thing ? I was kinda hoping this wouldn't need jacking up.

DSC05323.jpg

Located at the back of the engine, check out the topic linked below too...

• Like 3

• Moderators

Put it on ramps at front, so much easier....

I would get that sump plug open whilst you are down there...easy to get at anyway !

pumping out of the dipstick is not good especially as there seems to be a lack of maintenance ...it could be thick and goey... you need to get out everything from that sump !!!

• Like 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

pumping out of the dipstick is not good especially as there seems to be a lack of maintenance ...it could be thick and goey... you need to get out everything from that sump !!!

What Pete said! ^^^^^

Also worth adding a litre of Carlube ATF-U to the sump then topping up with your preferred 10W40 oil to the correct level. It will gently clean and revive the oil seals in the engine, also if it's hydraulic tappets (can't remember if the 2.0 Accord Coupe is or not just now - brain-fade) it will sort out any sticky ones, free off sticky piston rings etc.

You can use the rest of the 4.55L tub to do the first part-change in the autobox as well! ;):D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, clayts450 said:

Thanks mate, I'll take my glasses this time.

Need to make sure ECP haven't given me a Hyundai filter like they did for the Rover 620....

ECP did give me a Hyundai filter again....😐

Ordered authentic Honda one off the Bay of e, and a removal tool too for good measure.

Also ordered in 3 litres of Valvomatic ATF, got quite a good price but not counting my chickens till it says 'despatched'

• Like 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

ECP did give me a Hyundai filter again....😐

They both begin with an aitch "H" - what's the problem? :P

Joking aside, it's possible the filters are the same unit, worth double checking i would think. Of course if it simply won't fit that's different but if it does fit, chances are it's the same filter in different packaging. ;):D

• Like 1

I checked on Mann's site and there's definitely no mention of Honda. Or Rover come to that. Funnily enough it's the self same filter they gave me (wrongly) last time for the 620. 

My name is clayts and I'm a closet Hyundai oil filter hoarder.

• Like 2

Got the wheels, but had to pour some love on the Rover 620 when I got back as I'm displaying it at the Festival of the Unexceptional next weekend.

The wheels are fine - they're essentially 20 years old so not immaculate but well worth the 50 quid I got them for -  three out of four tyres still have good tread, and are Dunlop BluResponse  so not ditchfinders - one tyre has completely gone however (can't really complain at the price). One is missing the Honda centre cap but I guess these are easy to find on eBay

I may put two of the wheels on tomorrow, and get a part worn tyre to replace the cream-crackered one, or get two brand new tyres.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Loads of replica centre caps on fleabay, you'll need to know the diameter though, why not treat it to a full set?

I'd get two Dunlop BluResponse, same as what's on the other two and fit the best two on the front, whether you go for new or part-worns is up to you but often a pair of part-worns is less than the price of one new or indeed, two separate part-worns. ;):D

Need some pics of the 620 as well!

• Like 3