Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

The only trouble with that is that now my latest post has no relevance as to what we were discussing....????

My post starts: "Carrying on from the last topic concerning Number plates I decided to".................................

I know it's nice to keep it tidy, but I have to say in this particular instance I find it mildly irritating because now the story looks disjointed. :(

Not only that, but my contribution to the discussion is not there especially as I end my last post with: "Anyway, I haven't been completely idle since my last post, as you will see"..... :D (But of course you won't see - it's not there).

The follow-up edit is done just had to wash my hair :P:lol:

BILLJPG.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Mangoman said:

Whilst I was waiting for the paint to dry I fitted some Plastic Chrome Caps on the Wheel Nuts as they looked pretty shabby

mission accomplished.... Nice N/P Holder and Wheel Nuts.... :D:D 

nbKdvZl.jpg

And it didn't even take long! t2774.gif

Thanks for showing us your nuts mate ! :rolleyes::P

They look well tidy :D

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Today was investigate the lack of puddle light in the drivers door and shave the bumper reg plate holder mounts.

I changed all interior lights to led, earlier in the year , including the t10 in the doors... 

Taking the bulb out revealed the flappy terminal wire, they are just thin wire contact unlike the newer versions with flat plate type contacts, had come adrift from the bulb. Never had that happen on these types before.

These versions

s-l500.jpg

Swapped it out for this type and all ok again.

s-l1600.jpg

Got the reg plate off and have started to remove excess plastic so I can flat mount the plate on the bumper with a view to going vinyl in the future.:P

edit done the deed now, see this

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Yesterday it dawned on me that after talking about the Throttle Body the other day I suddenly realised that I had in fact NOT cleaned it - it was the Beemer that I got mixed up with doing. Silly boy!

So anyway I decided I had better do something about it and give it a good clean using a mix of IPA and as I didn't have any Carb Cleaner I used Brake Cleaner instead... :)

It was to say the least, FILTHY! Filled with thick black gunk it was, and took a good half hour of cleaning until I was satisfied it was as good as I could do with it being in-situ.

Also adjusted the Cables as they seemed too slack by my standards.

Anyway, the throttle response is a lot quicker in regards throttle movement at the foot and throttle response. And smoother as there did seem that there was the slightest hesitation previously. So always worth doing in my humble opinion. ;)

Sorry, I forgot to take photo's at the time but I did take a couple of photo's of the cloths afterwards....

Throttle_Clean_2017-09-02_11.02.29.jpg

Throttle_Clean_2017-09-02_11.02.34.jpg

Throttle_Clean_2017-09-02_11.02.50.jpg

Ciao.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Yeah, throttle bodies can get a bit grim. Thankfully Tom cleaned mine just before I bought it.

Fitted the roof rack today - have to say I was really dubious, even after seeing the one with a kayak on it but the Honda Civic 2 door 2002 fits as well as can be expected. It only just fits but fits it does. I'll throw a ladder on it happily but perhaps not the longest heaviest ones I have. I've yanked and yarded on all the corners and got no movement. I've some pictures on my phone and when I get a chance I'll upload them somewhere relevant.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

The two rear wheels have been going down slowly, so had the tyres removed and the edges cleaned up and then tyres refitted. They really need a proper refurb but for now it will do. I'd got sick of pumping them up at 50p a go as my compressor is still in Switzerland.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Today I decided to Swap Wheels/Tyres front to rear and vice-versa.

They seem to be wearing quite evenly over the last what, 11 months. (Actually bought the car almost exactly a year ago now!).

There is slightly more wear on the outside of the fronts and inside of the rears - but ever so slight, which is normal in my humble opinion. ;)

Took some photo's so the more discerning eye can pass judgement...... :)

***Outside of Tyre nearest the wall***

Xh3BB8d.jpg

hadOGKg.jpg

98zwCZq.jpg

zhWgO7h.jpg

Ciao.

• Moderators

Hooligan! That wear comes from hooning through the corners! :lol:

Only kidding Bill, looks pretty standard wear patterns to me considering yours is slightly lower. Because of advances in suspension and tyre design, it's generally no longer necessary to do the front/back swap on most cars and i think yours would come into that category too normally. As yours is lowered i can see the practice would work well for you though! Good work as usual! ;):D

13 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I honestly thought it was, must be an optical illusion because of the bigger wheels. ;):D

Sorry to disappoint Dave. If anything it seems quite 'Jacked' to me - but I like it the Hot-Roddish stance.

I think this photograph demonstrates what I'm trying to mean: :D

mhoS0Ii.jpg

12 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Are the wheels wider than standard as well Bill?

Hi Dave.

The actual wheels are wider as in the "J" Size, 7.5 I believe. But the ET, (offset) is correct, that being '55'. And as you know they are 18 inch wheels fitted with 235/40x18 tyres. :)

Similar to these: https://www.gumtree.com/p/wheel-rims-tyres/honda-civic-fn2-type-r-18-alloy-wheels-tyres-refurbished-as-new-condition/1215733260  

Right..... I've gone and done something that I reckon will most probably go against the grain with most of you, (which will only need about 3 or 4 of you :) ) and sprayed the aluminium Inlet Manifold, (the part you can see anyway) Satin Black. (Yes, I like my Satin Black :D ).

I'll let the photo's do the talking - easier that way. ;)

rmpLEP5.jpg

MKNUrDL.jpg

I think it looks alright, and has got to be an improvement in my mind, and modernises the Bay a little bit.

And whilst I was looking I noticed the Heat Guard on the Exhaust Manifold at the front was looking a bit tatty so I removed that and sprayed that too! (Surprised as to how easy the bolts were to remove!).

The paint is Heat Resistant so should be ok.

4YofeB4.jpg

I haven't fitted it yet as I want to be 100% dry before replacing it as it's a bit of a tight fit to get it located. Also I gave it a blast in the Oven at 80*C for 10 minutes to speed up the curing aswell. ;)

Ciao.

1 hour ago, AhsyV6 said:

I like the look of that mate. I was looking at the silver part around the front of the plugs and the engine oil filled cap over the weekend as it has started blistering. I may repaint it in the future. 

Thank you.... :)

That part on mine is still 'like new'. I'm not even sure that it is painted at all...???? Looks just like polished aluminium to me.

• Site Subscriber’s

So clean and shiny, nice work.

Well mine passed 77,000 miles this last week. So by my reckoning I've put over 2500 miles on her in about nine weeks - which means an oil change is about due I guess and I now own a couple of those S2000 genuine filters, so it'll get done as soon as I'm back from France. Breakdown recovery is going to cost however, due to the age but after losing my van in Swizzy down to the same thing, it's a must I reckon.

There a couple of things that don't work, now I've driven her for a while. The AC needs regassing, if that's why it isn't working. A couple of dash lights don't light, of which the clock one not working is the biggest annoyance. Possibly the passenger seat heater doesn't work but I've not sat in that myself and not sure I trust the person I asked to know the difference. Otherwise, all is good. And the FM is crap - that just might need the head unit out and it pushing back in as it's an after market one.

Gearbox - so I've never had a auto before, so no idea what they are usually like but it seems great. When it's properly cold, after a few days standing and first thing, there's the slightest lurch as it goes into either D or R, makes no difference which but then all is well. Sometimes when cold it might hang onto 1st a smidgeon too long possibly but that might be a design thing when the 'auto-choke' part of the EFI  is still working. Withing a mile of driving, it's sweet.

All is well and it's off to the continent on Tuesday night with her, happy days.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Sometimes when cold it might hang onto 1st a smidgeon too long possibly but that might be a design thing when the 'auto-choke' part of the EFI  is still working.

Most autos do this but i have to confess, it's more obvious on Hondas, whether 4 or 6 cylinder.

21 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

I've put over 2500 miles on her in about nine weeks - which means an oil change is about du

I'd do it before you head to France, you'll be putting a lot of miles on in various weather conditions and altitudes and depending on the miles you do over there, another soon after you return.

23 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Breakdown recovery is going to cost however, due to the age

The RAC do Personal Cover which covers you as a driver or passenger in ANY car - it's a cheaper alterantive to paying mega-bucks for an age-related breakdown policy. Just make sure it covers everything you need in the worst case scenario including repatriation of not just and your family but the car as well. I know of one person who, after paying the breakdown cover for 17+ years, discovered to his horror that the cover wouldn't repatriate him, his wife and their car when the head gasket went in deepest, darkest France. Fortunately for him, not only does he own the property he's staying in but has various tools there as well and a friend who just happens to run a recovery firm that does recovery from the continent so he's going to get back including his car one way or another, it's just a case of how, when and at what cost.

• Thanks 1