Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

Gutted as obviously when i collected the car i was pleased to note the discs and pads all round seemed fairly recent or in very good condition at least. 

I'm just wondering then if the tyre people have knocked something as its the same wheel that had the nearly new tyre binned and replaced the other week?

I'll whip the wheel off later for a better look, but i doubt in the driveway I'd tackle the caliper too and just incase i get left with some crumbs of parts and a then un moveable car.

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Dont worry taking the caliper off - its only 2x14mm bolts that come off relatively easily with a decent socket & bar.  Then you can see behind the disc and find anything stuck....

For that matter, with the caliper off, you "only" have to undo the 2 screws holding the disc to the hub. That "only" can be a real headache though if the screws have not been removed recently....I had to use an impact driver and a big hammer on mine yesterday.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, nothing to report really. 

I've been really busy with other things so have neglected the car a little bit since endeavouring to do the rear brakes a couple of weeks ago, and failing.

And it was a couple of weeks before then that I last showed the car a bucket, so I thought it was about time yesterday to give it a bit of an all-round clean. To me the wheels are my pet-hate, any wheels! Hence I do them separately first, then the car afterwards. 

As far as polishing goes all I did was give it a quick once-over with my trusty 3M Quick-Wax. And the tyres got a covering of some Simoniz Back To Black. But this is from Costco and a really tall aerosol tin from the States, quite different to what I've seen in the shops locally. Also it is like a clear rubbery Lacquer. Certainly does the job anyway, and last a good couple of months! (And doesn't oil up your wheels like some others do). :)

Then just gave it a quick vacuum and leather wipe-down.

Anyway, I was chuffed with the result.

But I do miss my Red H's on the grille and bootlid. Sadly the only place that sells the sizes I require is the same place as I got the last ones, which deteriorated really quickly. :(:(  So it's back to boring standard ones. :(:(:( 

I took a couple of photo's but it was nearing 19:30hrs so the light was getting bad, hence the poor quality - apologies... :)

xHU47S8.jpg

1ox4d7u.jpg

2Mnx4HC.jpg

The engine compartment looked ok so just left it..... 

mDedBsn.jpg

2GqQCJs.jpg

Ciao...... :D

Took a couple just now to add.... Must get a proper camera. :( 

OytTBT0.jpg

hLuYkGe.jpg

xvKC5y9.jpg

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee....

• Founding Member
7 hours ago, Mangoman said:

Anyway, I was chuffed with the result.

I would be too if my coupe had a finish like that after a wash & wax.  Shame I am not a lot nearert to you else I could pick up your skills....

And as soon as I wash mine it either starts raining (naturally before it has dried) or the birds start their bomb aiming....Grrr.  Jealous!

• Haha 2

Very many thanks Paul, and I wish a lot more Members were closer - a pretty lonely existence down these parts.... :( 

It's one thing about the Rover & ZT OC - there was a GTG at least once a month if one so wished to attend. I miss that.......

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

Very many thanks Paul, and I wish a lot more Members were closer - a pretty lonely existence down these parts.... :( 

Join the club....oh we have done! 

Bit lonely up here too:( maybe two members close ish 

• Like 1

Carrying on from the last topic concerning Number plates I decided to just do what I wanted to do in the first place and that was to give the Number Plate Holder a coat of Satin Black as it looked pretty dull, in spite of applying copious amounts of Trim Cream....

I just removed the Number Plate and Masked up the area.

Before..................

n4Hf2PB.jpg

TRbrup7.jpg

During.....................

lG7k04J.jpg

utMYeOP.jpg

After........................

Au1LhYX.jpg

mlDuWL6.jpg

6fl4thk.jpg

Looks better than it does in the photo's - much improved! And of course matches the Grill perfectly as they have the same paint applied.... :D:D 

And that's not all.....

Whilst I was waiting for the paint to dry I fitted some Plastic Chrome Caps on the Wheel Nuts as they looked pretty shabby.

These were a carry-over from when I had the R75 when I had Spacers fitted and having to use longer Wheel Bolts which had 19mm Heads but were a black Steel coloured, so decided to fit these. Of course I removed the Spacers when I sold the car and fitted the Original Bolts back, and them having a 17mm Head I had these left over.

Of course the Coupe has standard 19mm Nuts so I can now make use of them..... ;)

Look much better me thinks. :D

Before....................

G3gYvxK.jpg

A0G5yM8.jpg

After...................... (and I've just sussed out what "ZR" means:  ZR basically means the tyre is adapted for speeds above 149 mph. ZR tyres includes the speed ratings V(149mph), W(168mph) and Y(186mph). Before 1990, the manufacturers used "ZR" to mean high performance tyres before the ratings got refined with W, Y…

tdrEk4T.jpg

T5KdjSQ.jpg

PB8ddMa.jpg

And mission accomplished.... Nice N/P Holder and Wheel Nuts.... :D:D 

nbKdvZl.jpg

And it didn't even take long! t2774.gif

29 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

Please tell me I'm not going crazy...... But is it my imagination or has quite a few posts gone missing concerning Number plates, etc...???

Guarantee you Stuart has tidied this thread up and the posts will magically appear in a relevant topic :)

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, kag8 said:

Guarantee you Stuart has tidied this thread up and the posts will magically appear in a relevant topic :)

Yep, they have gone to a better place ! No you haven't lost it ,Bill, yet !!

Coupe number plate look, where we discussed this before, I couldn't find it but our glorious leader has done so , thanks Stu ! 

• Like 1

The only trouble with that is that now my latest post has no relevance as to what we were discussing....????

My post starts: "Carrying on from the last topic concerning Number plates I decided to".................................

I know it's nice to keep it tidy, but I have to say in this particular instance I find it mildly irritating because now the story looks disjointed. :(

Not only that, but my contribution to the discussion is not there especially as I end my last post with: "Anyway, I haven't been completely idle since my last post, as you will see"..... :D (But of course you won't see - it's not there).