Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Moderators

Just spent the last hour trying to get the Coupe started :(

Unbelievable in that everything was ok last night... just needed some fuel ready for an airport run tomorrow. Got in and went through usal startup procedure, D4 out etc and it turned over, coughed and that was it.

Checked all usual bits that might have dropped off, all ok, turns over healthily but suspect fuel failure problem, seem to remember reading this somewhere?

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Oops! Sounds as if it may be your Main Relay playing up ;):D

hmm, just found the thread relating to it from last year... just got to find out WHERE relay is ! all the pics have gone off the thread.....STuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!

problem now is I have no transport for the airport :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

hmm, just found the thread relating to it from last year... just got to find out WHERE it is ! all the pics have gone of the thread.....STuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!

problem now is I have no transport for the airport :(

FYI topic now sorted, further discussion on this topic check out the link below. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Been upside down for half an hour trying to get the blasted fuel pump relay out, cant even get connectors off to see why the relay wont move.

Twisted pulled pushed, used screwdriver to no avail, just can't understand why it wont move. Couple vids on yt dont help either.

Anyway, left it in disgust, i have some paint to watch dry now.

maybe  more inclined to try it again.. this weekend perhaps ? :lol::P:rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Twisted pulled pushed, used screwdriver to no avail, just can't understand why it wont move. Couple vids on yt dont help either.

Houston we have a problem :rolleyes:

You could try removing the 10mm bolt holding the bracket least then it will be a little more accessible for manhandling it. :huh:

• Like 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Houston we have a problem :rolleyes:

You could try removing the 10mm bolt holding the bracket least then it will be a little more accessible for manhandling it. :huh:

Beep, major tom to houston , we have lift off !

Its let go..... just got to pop unit open and look see , thanks Stu

B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Track/ Tie rods arrived and even managed to get them fitted all on the same day ;)

Humph, just trying to upset me now!

You do a major job and I can't even get me bracket off :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Opened it up and it "looks" ok under the magnifying glass....:( its a siemens vrm 0022... Looks almost new...

Taken pics so will look at those and see if i can spot anything.

NHDC36u.jpg

the bottom left group of three looks suspect but everything else looks ok?

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, hughezee said:

That's the older version m8y so that's a good thing in one way,  regardless of appearances I would resolder all the connections and see if the motor fires up.

Soldered up the offending terminal, put it back and...............

it fired up !!

If it does it again at least I can get it out of its position and go over all the solder just in case but just doing the one suspect proved the case.

Thanks for your help and guidance Stu, once again, appreciated.:) :wub:  (man thing only!!)

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Congrats on doing your relay after all that effort.... I am sure your heart fluttered a bit when teh engine finaly fired up!   I watched Stu changing my relay - 10 mins and it was swapped.  Knowhow really helps.....

Just to make you more jealous, today I changed my rear brake discs & pads and fixed my rear RH caliper that was sticking - nice smooth sliders now.  Only 2 problems - getting the disc holding screws out (impact driver and a big hammer) and failing to get the LH caliper piston to go back far enough even with a good caliper rewind tool , the piston turned and turned and was oh so close for about 30 mins but took serious effort to get it on the pads.

Oh, and I also adjusted up my handbrake too.  And polished up my nearside headlight lens a bit more...

• Like 3

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, PaulS said:

I watched Stu changing my relay - 10 mins and it was swapped.  Knowhow really helps.....

It does indeed and now " I know" and "How hard" it ISN'T to do but when you are upside down not sure what you are looking at .....:rolleyes:

Reckon it took me a couple of hours on and off including research ( Stu!) and checking around the forums...plus soldering it up etc ...should have managed in a quarter of that time but now I know what I am looking at....... interestingly Stu appeared on Typeaccord in 2012 talking about it !! Top man !

Also discovered that its a standard part in a lot of other Honda too, Civic Acura, including my S2K... which would have been stripped for the part if I couldn't repair the existing one!

Amazon.com (U.S.) supply them but not to the UK and Amazon .co.uk list the part but have "no stock" :rolleyes: Lings have them in stock but at a BIG price. nearly 70 quid plus shipping and maybe plus vat... didn't check that far !:lol:

• Like 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Just to make you more jealous, today I changed my rear brake discs & pads and fixed my rear RH caliper that was sticking - nice smooth sliders now.  Only 2 problems - getting the disc holding screws out (impact driver and a big hammer) and failing to get the LH caliper piston to go back far enough even with a good caliper rewind tool , the piston turned and turned and was oh so close for about 30 mins but took serious effort to get it on the pads.

pifft ! another serious bit of work completed :D............ feel really miffed now.... well done that man ! B)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Strictly speaking this wasn't Coupé work but as it's "Upset Pete night" tonight, here goes!

Front pipes, front box and back box changed (front bits were new, back box was used but inside like new and outside only dirty), propshaft centre bearing renewed, gearbox extension housing bearing and shaft seal diagnosed, ATF topped up.

The Volvo is a lot quieter (and livelier) now and the twin tailpipes look great! Photos to follow soon in the correct thread!

Took me no time at all! :lol:

Took my mate several hours though! ;):D:lol:

On 19/08/2017 at 7:10 AM, PTR200S said:

Other than the alarm problem everything ok now ?..

Cheers, but noooo! N/S brake started catching, then scraping and now grinding. Ignored the bit as i thought it'd be a bit of dirt that would shift or burn off. Yesterday however i was in the peak district and its making an awful noise. Something has scored an inch in diameter mark in the centre of the disc, then a centimetre gouge at the base along with something thin making a groove into the hub area.

Theres a centimetre of pad left at least, so i figured it can't be that. Not sure if something has shifted or broken. Not had time to inspect further and away again this weekend so no time to get booked in. Has anyone else had this and are pads n discs readily available for this model as its looking like a change if anything. 

• Sad 2

• Moderators

Not good, Andy:(

It might be the disk shield behind thats dropped off and got tangled in the pads / disks.

Not unknown for a lot of cars to have this problem, they tend to rot off the mounts for fun :angry:

Or maybe you ran over something that got stuck in there....must have been making a hell of a squeal !!!!

You need to investigate properly and quickly too before anymore damage is done.

• Like 2