Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Founding Member
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

If you had a green one Stu then you'd be posting "Still prefer gold............" :P

The grass is never greener and neither would a Coupé be - i don't think any of us have compromised when buying our cars, you have a unique gold Coupé - Ahsy has a unique green one - everyones cars are unique to them. ;):D

What Dave said.......! 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Today is wash day :D

Can't believe how much bird crap there is and the amount of soaking it takes to get off! 

Greenie is now all a sparkly in the sunshine, obviously it's the best colour B)too!

A fluid check reveals that there is NOTHING wrong :lol:

Tyres are up to spec pressure wise and the refurbed wheels are holding good shine too.

:wub: my Coupe, !

wish I had bought one years ago, had all the Honda except this one:rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Must get on and wash mine now i've converted an old shower pump into a "hose booster pump" so that i can actually get a flow of water from the end of the hose instead of a continuous succession of drips. (Many jokes come to mind there, particularly about Parliament and other things that are widely ridiculed :lol: )

I don't want to precipitate any adverse weather or Armageddon-like happenings today though so i'd best forget about it for now! :lol:

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I don't want to precipitate any adverse weather or Armageddon-like happenings

You are in luck, the rest of today is sunny and tomorrow is SCORCHIO !!!:D

So get that bucket out, never mind your wimpey (not house!) hose

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

You are in luck, the rest of today is sunny and tomorrow is SCORCHIO !!!:D

:o Not round here it hasn't been! Cloudy all day with monsoon-style showers every so often!

25 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

So get that bucket out, never mind your wimpey (not house!) hose

As for the bucket, it's full of Rottie-plops from the last time i poop-scooped the garden!

Besides, i don't have a sponge just now, i use a wash-brush that attaches to the end of the hose followed by detergent via the pressure washer and a rinse with the wash brush and finally the hose.

I use a wheel-brush on the wheels when i can find the thing and if the pressure washer doesn't take off any dirt. Usually though i use a wheel cleaner before hand to soften it so most of the time it rinses off anyway. ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

As for the bucket, it's full of Rottie-plops from the last time i poop-scooped the garden!

Ha, Ha ! I have a separate bucket for those,    X three dogs !:rolleyes:.

My wash buckets live in the garage, again x 3 buckets in this case not to handled, touched or otherwise interfered with, by ANYONE:lol:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well, done nothing to the coupe today except wash it and check it BUT I have corrected the photofu%^et problem to page 24 on the thread !!

Can someone have a look and see if they can see the photos ok,?

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Rear offside wheel started smoking today when Karin was diriving - I was called out but when I got there and took off the wheel it ran freely.  But there was a burning brake smell and the wheel nuts were very hot. I did nothing else but the handbrake and footbrake both work fine now....  Put wheel back on and she drove home again with no further issues

Karin says she thought the car was sluggish and there was some sort of undescribed noise when she set off. But normal again now.

My thoughts: Handbrake seized or shoes delaminated or something came loose and got stuck then righted itself???

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers  Paul

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think i'd take the wheel off and check to see if there's anything obvious when you next get the chance. It could well be something (like a bit of grit) caused the pad to stick temporarily and that was it, it could be something else so it's worth checking out.

Meanwhile be careful with the brakes! :o;):D

• Like 3

• Moderators

Worth checking out the slider pins, quite a common problem and can cause inttermittent problems if the car has been stood a while, freeing off under the stress of use.  They will only get worse though if this is the problem :( 

A good clean , sand if need be and regrease whilst they are out .

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Thanks guys.  Been having a run of car problems recently....Currently sorting out my Mitsubishi engine which lost a core plug on the German autobahn coutesy of a cracked head pressurising the water jacket....Thought I had finished with the Honda following the crash rebuild.....Last month it was the Mercedes electronic door opening key which stopped working....

But yes, I think I should pull the brake disk off and look at the handbrake in particular - and to do that I will have to take off the caliper anyhow so will check put that suggestion along the way...  But not tomorrow as I am assisting my star engine builder to rebuild the Mitsubishi engine now that we have all the bits... Then it is juggling Honda brakes with refitting the Mitsubishi engine...

One thing is for sure, my spanners & sockects etc are not suffereing from lack of use!

• Like 4

• Founding Member

Took off the rear caliper  then the disc today.  Must admit I was expecting to find handbrake shoes - but no, nothingthere.  Could find no fault at all, only a fair bit of crud and rust.  Even the sliders seem to work properly.  So I put it all back together after a bit of a clean up and lubricate and it seems to work as normal. In fact as well as it did when I first took a look at it a couple of days ago....  Most strange.  Will keep my eye on it and not go far for the next few days.... with the trusty tools close by

• Confused 1

• Moderators

There are no handbrake shoes on the Accord Coupé - when you mentioned shoes the other day i was puzzled but thought you'd maybe just used the word as a "generic term" for the pads as many cars historically had disc front, drum rear as the "default" setting for the braking system.

If you want some handbrake shoes to play with, you're welcome to come and check/change the shoes on my Volvo if you like but first you have to remove the pads, disc and a few other bits before you get anywhere near the handbrake shoes! :lol:

Don't worry - it's a V6 auto! ;):D

Hi chaps.....

Today I took advantage of the wife having to go down the to to pick something up locally to take a quick Vid of the car.

Luckily I did because I noticed the 3rd Brake Light had blown... :(:( And with the MOT on Tuesday quite advantageous. :) So a trip to Halfords tomorrow, and might as well take in Burger King while I'm at it - be rude not to...lol.

Anyway, the Vid - not too great as was a last minute effort from the upstairs window: What you reckon?? :D

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

Hi chaps.....

Today I took advantage of the wife

OOoooo-errrrrrr Missus! Bordering on TMI! :o

26 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

Today I took advantage of the wife having to go down the to to pick something up locally to take a quick Vid of the car.

Ahhhhh!!! That's more like it! :P

27 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

Luckily I did because I noticed the 3rd Brake Light had blown... :(:( And with the MOT on Tuesday

Even luckier Bill - it won't fail the MoT. The thinking is it might be disconnected due to a fault, just there for show or perhaps blown and as they're not allowed to dismantle to find out why.................. it's a pass.

However, if the high level/3rd brake light is made up of multiple bulbs and more than 50% are out then it will fail, unless of course all of them are out. For example, a 3rd brake light made up of 5 individual bulbs with 3 out will fail, however a light made of 7 bulbs with 3 out will pass.

All that said, you go and harrass the staff at Halfords for a new bulb and then celebrate after with a feed from BK and enjoy it! ;):D

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Even luckier Bill - it won't fail the MoT. The thinking is it might be disconnected due to a fault, just there for show or perhaps blown and as they're not allowed to dismantle to find out why.................. it's a pass.

However, if the high level/3rd brake light is made up of multiple bulbs and more than 50% are out then it will fail, unless of course all of them are out. For example, a 3rd brake light made up of 5 individual bulbs with 3 out will fail, however a light made of 7 bulbs with 3 out will pass.

All that said, you go and harrass the staff at Halfords for a new bulb and then celebrate after with a feed from BK and enjoy it! ;):D

Hi Dave.

It's just a single 582 Bulb that has definitely blown as I tested it on a meter. It was working previously OK.

Just a couple of quid down at Halfords.

582 Bulb.jpg

NB. The Bulb is in it's Holder. Easier to remove and refit that way. ;)

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Mangoman said:

15 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Hi Dave.

It's just a single 582 Bulb that has definitely blown as I tested it on a meter. It was working previously OK.

Just a couple of quid down at Halfords.

582 Bulb.jpg

NB. The Bulb is in it's Holder. Easier to remove and refit that way. ;)

That's fair do's Bill, at least you'll have it sorted (and a bit of junk food too!) soon. If Halfrauds don't have one in stock at least it won't fail the MoT while you're waiting for them to get some in though. ;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today I managed to mess up the boot interior and get something stuck to the steering wheel..(Terry Scott bruvver incident) by doing a tip run and a builders yard collection of materials :rolleyes:

Most of the last hour has been vacuuming the boot, using carplan carpet cleaner, organising my tools, spare wheel and incidentals like tyre puncture stuff, various things that really shouldn't be in there :lol:

Still, nice and tidy now, smells sooooo much better ! ,Potential 1mpg better fuel consumption (:rolleyes:) with less weight to lug  around! :P

As an observation these boots on the coupes are  enormous !

Dropped only one seat down and they swallow even more as shown by shoving two car tyres in, several bits of rolled carpet, 5 foot lengths of timber, an old drawer, couple rubble bags, and a 4.5 foot worktop 15 inches wide....and room left for other bits.

just got to degoo the steering wheel now

• Haha 2

Today I decided to refit the Standard Airbox for the MOT tomorrow, and because I received a very welcome surprise donation of what I do believe to be a K&N Panel Filter...!!!! (Amongst other things)...  :D:D:D Thank you sir - you know who you are! ;)

And after opening the Airbox to insert the K&N Filter, (don't worry I gave it a good degrease and wash beforehand) I found that the Original Filter was absolutely filthy! But they always do look worse when originally white.. :(

Also gave the whole Airbox a thorough clean at the same time before re-installation. :)

I also decided to re-fit the Original Grille with the Big "H" as well as the Boot Badge as both had deteriorated quite badly and started to look shoddy. But I tell you what, I got quite good at removing the Grille - removal and re-fit took all of 30 minutes, at a guess! And no skin is broken!!!! Bargain. :D

And then gave her a bit of a clean, didn't go overboard as it looked like rain was on its way - but didn't actually arrive.

Apologies for poor picture quality as it was getting on for 20:30hrs. :(

Filter:

kMyk3rr.jpg

Grille and Rear Badge:

tGynick.jpg

E6xXWX3.jpg

Fingers crossed for tomorrow...... 

• Moderators

How long had the badges been on , Bill? Was it not early-ish in the year? 

Mate of mine bought door handles, chromed, for his RV8 from a reputable supplier just 18 months ago and already they have deteriorated.:angry:

The supplier will not entertain it even though the car nevers sees the rain :lol:

• Confused 1