Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 "PROJECT EMERALD"

hughezee

On the subject off light: wow, what a difference. These are amazing! Thanks Stu. Car also looks a lot better which is an added bonus. As to the ATF change: there is a noticeable difference. Still need a few miles I reckon to get her to a state where she should be. 

On another subject: How's everyone? Did you enjoy the meet? It was good to meet fellow coupe owners :)

• Like 3

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, kindzal said:

On the subject off light: wow, what a difference. These are amazing! Thanks Stu. Car also looks a lot better which is an added bonus. As to the ATF change: there is a noticeable difference. Still need a few miles I reckon to get her to a state where she should be. 

On another subject: How's everyone? Did you enjoy the meet? It was good to meet fellow coupe owners :)

All good the meet was a cracking day thanks to members like your good self in attendance ;) also if you don't mind please keep us posted on thoughts on the lights, topic linked below ;)

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Cryistic said:

The Honda ATF filter is intresting, are you using them in pfeferance to the Magnafine filters now?

They are no comparison really, I recently cut a Honda one open (tricky) and they are just basic element filters, me & Retro Rich, including Geoff will stick with magnefine filters ;)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Topic update, the gearbox issues went away for a short while but despite my best efforts to resolve new problems I've decided to draw a line under this one as I'm at a loss with the car and a good gearbox landed in my lap I thought only right to sort it out for the guy once and for all :huh:

Day 1 of 3 complete

IMG_20170306_154611[1].jpg

IMG_20170306_154620[1].jpg

Preparing engine & gearbox for extraction from the donor car ;)

• Like 3

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Are you swapping the engine and box as a complete unit Stu or just the box? :huh:

Not sure yet buddy :rolleyes: the engine & box are lowish miles and hoping to sell the engine separately as somebody needs one :unsure: 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Just a thought here - is it easier to lift the engine and box out as a complete assembly? If so perhaps that would be the way to go then separate the other (good) engine from the duff box and sell that one? Would probably be less work and time for you that way and with time being money, more cost-effective/beneficial to you in the long run.

Of course if the opposite is true (i.e. easier to remove engine and box separately) then my idea is a non-starter except maybe as as food for thought to generate a better idea from you. ;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Psssst!!! Don't tell Stu but someone has swiped his engine and box! :o

If he is too busy looking for the perpetrator of the engine and box removal do you think he would notice if I swiped the spare wheel retainer?

:lol::D

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Stu.....you are the man! After reinstalling that lot I swear I'd have more than just a few screws left over! 

Is that a green donor vehicle I see? Whats the drivers side front wing like matey?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Thanks buddy ;)

40 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

Is that a green donor vehicle I see? Whats the drivers side front wing like matey?

Unfortunately, the car is a grey colour, shame as the wings are in great shape :huh: but still keeping an eye open for you mate :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, hughezee said:

Wing over your address Pete and I will send it to you ;)

That's very good of you, will pm you with address, let me know the cost / postage so that I may reimburse you...paypal? Cheque? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Oops! To be honest i didn't look at the screen properly while i was replying, just kind of thought it was you as it referred to a green wing. :blush:

Must have been a great party last night! :D

• Like 2