Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 "PROJECT EMERALD"

hughezee

• Administrators
Well it passed its MOT :D although I did chuckle at the advisories though :rolleyes: few little jobs left to do and I have two potential buyers lined up ^_^

Registration number: X385VBK

• Vehicle make HONDA
  • Vehicle model ACCORD
  • Date first used 1 November 2000
  • Fuel type Petrol
  • Colour Green

MOT history of this vehicle

• Test date 25 August 2016
  • Expiry date 24 August 2017
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 125,296 miles
  • MOT test number 1623 7671 3842
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Nearside headlight beam image poor.
    Offside front wiper smearing slightly.
  • Like 1

• Administrators

The reflectors are fine the bulb glass was bulging which is very common on the coupe as the stanley bulbs filament last years and most I've changed (still working) are the originals from new and the drivers side wiper was replaced the however new n.s wiper was the wrong size really (thanks ECP) so I left the old one on :blush:

So new bulbs & wiper and new rear pads new bonnet cable and wheel spruce and it will be basically done ;)

• Like 1

• Administrators

They certainly will buddy, I am finding hard to let it go to be honest same as purple haze :mellow::(  Anyway more importantly than anything at all the transmission is sweet as a nut, although it still needs a couple of spaced out transmission fluid changes in my opinion, so hoping the local guy buys it and I can do it ;)

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Completion of the Emerald project was a very good reason to finally sign up and say hi. I got my eyes on this one Stu as indicated by number of text messages (local guy as per post above ). You must be fed up with me by now ☺.  Beautiful car. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, kindzal said:

Hi everyone. Completion of the Emerald project was a very good reason to finally sign up and say hi. I got my eyes on this one Stu as indicated by number of text messages (local guy as per post above ). You must be fed up with me by now ☺.  Beautiful car. 

I would much rather you have it buddy, you look after your cars :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Well I am please to announce member Bogusz AKA kindzal will be the new owner of project emerald in a couple of weeks :D just few extra jobs to do on his request including a transmission cooler which I am really pleased about.:D:D;);):D

So keep an eye out for last few posts and the other related topics, like the one shown above :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, yes it has finally happened! I am a new happy owner of 'project Emerald'. First impressions after initial ride: refined and quiet. Bit of a jerk, from what I have been told by the expert originates from the torque converter, which will be sorted by a couple more ATF changes. Other than that I can't believe its a 16 year old car! This thing does everything effortless in comparison to my other accord saloon (2.4)... and all electrics still work :) (quite a few electrical/electronic niggles with the other one being 6 years younger). It just shows how good these cars were built. Looking forward to a longer drive over this weekend! Some more pics coming up soon. Thanks Stu for all your efforts.

• Like 3