Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Pollen Filter 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

hughezee

• Administrators

Pollen filter on 6th Gen Coupe CG2, it covers the 2.0, 3.0L models, the illustrations should be self explanatory really :lol:

DSC05430.JPGDSC05431.JPGDSC05432.JPGDSC05433.JPGDSC05434.JPG

So once the two screws are removed as shown above, remove the ash tray and pull out the trim this will reveal another screw shown below.

DSC05435.JPG

Now using your common sense remove the screws which are securing the glove-box as illustrated below.

DSC05436.JPGDSC05437.JPGDSC05438.JPGDSC05439.JPGDSC05440.JPGDSC05441.JPG

So once your confident the bolts & screws are all out, give the glove-box latch a hard pull upwards to free it?

DSC05442.JPGDSC05443.JPGDSC05444.JPGDSC05445.JPGDSC05446.JPGDSC05447.JPGDSC05449.JPGDSC05450.JPGDSC05451.JPGDSC05452.JPGDSC05453.JPGDSC05454.JPGDSC05455.JPGDSC05456.JPG

I would recommend giving the housing a good vacuum, then maybe a quick spray of bacterial solution.

DSC05459.JPGDSC05460.JPG

Now its just a case of reversal of removal and getting all the screws back in the right places and good luck. Any questions please ask as it was probably the most awkward pollen filter I've ever done. :huh:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

After an epic struggle ( :rolleyes: ) with the ashtray, then the lower panel and finally the glovebox I managed to get access to the cabin (pollen) filters.

The turning point was when i realised the top and lower dash metal strengtheners had to come out too :huh: 

Anyhoo, the filters are out, someone has done the job in the past judging by the number of missing screws in the trim mounts and sure enough the filters are not too bad but not worth putting back in, genuine Honda ones too which confirm Honda servicing.

FX15yuH.jpg

Looking for replacement filters I found several that look about right and are listed for the coupe but they seem to supply only one filter unit at the quoted price and yet most pictures show that two are required.

Is there a recommended supplier that the members use? Honda touch on the high price side.:huh:

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mangoman said:

One job I must get around to doing - Looks an absolute nightmare though! Whoever designed this should be hung!

Yep, bit of a pig first time around, i have a pile of bits sitting on the drivers seat!  Took 45 mins to get out but could probably do it in 10 or less now :)

I used the info of the thread as recommended but ended up doing a couple of things extra to get the glovebox out, it was made worse by the fact that some of my screws were already missing so the how to do it suggested i couldnt see the right bolt !

• Moderators
16 hours ago, hughezee said:

Great to see you getting stuck into your coupe and wing over your address and I will post you the missing screws ;)

Cheers!  Its been in my possession for nearly five days and i think i am getting somewhere  :)

Not sure how many screws missing until i reassemble,  send a pm to you soonest, appreciate the offer.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 2/5/2017 at 8:34 PM, hughezee said:

Great to see you getting stuck into your coupe and wing over your address and I will post you the missing screws ;)

Managed to find all the screws ! obviously dropped in the bottom of various places as they tried to put them back ! The only one that was missing is one of the two that are under the fuse cover.  I have found a spare screw in my , err, spares ! So I am ok now but THANK YOU very much for the offer.:D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Right, job done, all the filters and bits of car back in now,,,, and I have nothing left over ! :rolleyes:

I used Blueprint ADH22509 filters, they seem ok, not as nice a fit as the genuine Honda ones but at £14.50 the pair who is arguing!

Wta8uaZ.jpg

Here are a few pics on the dismantling of the dash required to change the filters, there is a thread on the site done by Stu which is excellent and without which I would have struggled so these pics are complementary to that thread. (If they can be added to the other thread please feel free)

Here is the hidden screw behind the ashtray

9ETXeXZ.jpg

Once the lower trim is off this screw needs to come out, bottom securing screw for the glovebox..

zS6huyZ.jpg

Taking this top plate off will help no end with removing the glovebox, it can be left to hang off one of the lefthand screws.

9THt6Yl.jpg

Now the glovebox can be removed, assuming you have removed the screws in the box detailed in the other thread! This is the plug for the light, just squeeze and pull out.

8b0SpDD.jpg

The bottom rail needs to come off now

AJFpK2N.jpg

Here is the filter cover, lift catch off the bottom first and unhook it off the top mount

sSDsYPv.jpg

USCyTvY.jpg

y7vmmjZ.jpg

Then just pull the filter carrier out carefully, two carriers , remove filter from carrier, vac out the orifice.

And, as they say, replacement is a reversal of the removal process !!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Accord Coupe Pollen Filter "REPLACEMENT"
  • 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Well it's pollen (cabin ) filter time again!!!

Can't believe it's five years since I last changed them !!!

Haven't checked to see what they are like but as it takes a bit of time to dismantle and they are only about 12 quid a set I have ordered some blueprint filters again..

I will just change them rather than a clean and putting back together.   

The Coupe is going for a free aircon health check on Tuesday at Protyre who are also offering a 45 quid clean out, top up if required so might as well make sure filters are top notch.

I think the aircon pressure is down, according to my gauge, so as tins of fluid are expensive now a proper check up seems appropriate. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Forgot to mention that they are £12 a set (two) off ebay......my trade outlets want over 16 quid !!!!

Just got to make sure they are genuine blueprint though...seller assures me they are ,,,BuyCarSpares.co.uk..😁

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Changed my pollen filters few days ago, after getting the car serviced. Didn't take any photos of the old filters, but the waste said it all. Sadly I don't think they were ever changed from new. Filters were original honda OEM, pure black 😬, replaced with Blueprint ones of eBay. Could have done with an air line to clean the housing from the amount of debris collected but a hoover had to do. Sprayed some anti bacterial fragrance inside to eliminate any odours. Definitely an improvement on interior airflow. 

Screenshot-2022-12-09-08-35-17-78-965bbfScreenshot-2022-12-09-08-31-41-12-965bbf

• Like 3

• 1 month later...