Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Power Steering Fluid 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

hughezee

• Moderators

You're kinder than i would have been! :lol:

The new stuff will get dirty fairly quickly as it picks up dirt from around the system so you'll need to do more part-changes in the near future then once it stays clean in between you should be able to just do one a year to keep it fresh.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Thanks to inspiration on here started with p/s fluid renewal. 

Was it supposed to be this colour?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8gmyh1rctajjok/20210705_122837.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmtd9ozmoemauht/20210705_122849.jpg?dl=0

Stinky stuff either way 🤭

uggh ! 

Maybe time for a change then !!

As Dave says,  need to do a couple , or more, changes to start seeing the results...

Interested to know if you feel any difference to the steering.... When I first got hold of a Tourer I had a similar colour fluid with bits floating in it too!  When I had done the second change the steering actually became "lighter" and it was easier to twirl the steering wheel !!

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

Its been on my mind because i find i do a lot of full locking in my daily driving. It made some grumbles a while back, but that went away 😄

Looking forward to a difference as i feel steering is heavy, i just put that down to the V6 lump sat above 😎

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

If memory serves, the C27 is a bit heavier than the J30 and my steering was  never heavy. Howeever my fluid wasn't anywhere near as bad when i changed it over the course of 4-5 part-changes about 1-2 weeks apart, depending on use.

The third time was the charm as that's when it really started working properly again and the 4th time "sealed the deal" - i can twirl the wheel round with my little finger at parking speeds now.

I'd make a gues the dirty fluid was keeping the pressure relief valve slightly open in the pump reducing the amount of assistance available. This should clean itself as the fresh fluid circulates and will improve further the more part-changes you give it until the fluid stays clean. I'd guess 5-6  part-changes judging on the colour of your fluid though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

Looking forward to a difference as i feel steering is heavy, i just put that down to the V6 lump sat above 😎

Could be a 50/50 thing, it might be instant or take several small fluid changes to start feeling the benefits.👍🤞

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Another tub of vimto swapped out. Same colour as last time.

Will need quite a few goes at it I am afraid, are you able to suck all the fluid out of the reservoir?

Need to get right to the bottom, maybe some bits down there too....

Holdcroft Honda are doing genuine fluid at 14.99 delivered, just received one , quite "expensive" but still.....they are worth it !

• Daft thing is I have other branded stuff on my shelf............🙄
  • Like 1