Subscriptions & Donations ×

Preventative Rust Proofing & Treatments & Remedy’s Accord Coupe

hughezee

• Moderators

It certainly is a vent Geoff - it extracts your smelly farts out through it, similar on the drivers side. It also helps keep the boot aerated and the interior too - if you ever get into the position to see the very rear most end of the parcel shelf you'll find vents there too, into the boot. They all work together with the fresh air intake and heating/cooling system. ;)

• Like 3

• Administrators

Refitted (riveted) my rear bumper stiffener, Honda wanted almost 200 squid for a new one :o

IMG_20160716_1121421_zpswhaebzcx.jpg

I had to break the spot welds to remove it and then drilled out the spot impressions on the bar, then some minor de-rusting and treatment & paint. I could have easily drilled it off completely but I didn't want the mess inside the car or the hassle of removing all the trim :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Administrators

Thanks buddy, I've done a few of these now, its not something people notice unless the top bumper clips are very loose by that time its completely rotten :o and I've used galvanized shelving legs cut to size to save £££'s 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Got to be done - can't use the shelves after though lol! A bit like the coffee table legs i used to build my cross-axle exhaust pipe for the duplex exhaust system (now dead) on the Sterling.

I think the technical term these days is upcycling but the fact is people like you and i have been doing it for decades ;):D

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 20/06/2016 at 10:39 PM, hughezee said:

Well the preservation continues, jet washed my rear arches 10 times in all, forgot to take the before shots even now I've only managed one measly pic today ^_^ I'm surprised I didn't flake under the car to be honest as I'm still not well :rolleyes: Anyway hoping Retro Rich can fill the gaps as he tackled his at the same time ;) So two cans of brake cleaner and a can of wax seal plus a can of under-body rubber seal...

IMG_20160620_192111[1].jpg

Before you ask, I did remove some parts and mask off some parts and covered the brakes, removed the filler neck guard ect ect:huh:

Thought it worth mentioning all bungs and vents drains where been removed once everything was dry or tacky, some cavity's had a good helping of wax seal before cleaning & re-fitting them ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...