Subscriptions & Donations Γ—

Honda Coupe 3.0 for sale 😭😭😭 NOW SOLD

PTR200S

• Moderators

NOW SOLD 😭😭😭😭

Β 

Unfortunately I am going to have to let my Coupe go due to family circumstances . I have decided to keep the Elysion so V6 power is still available!!

My Coupe is a 2001 model, Y reg, with just over 93k on the clock. Might increase slightly. Everything works including the aircon which was "blown up" last year. Original Bose radio system, unmolested.Β 

Green, ivory leather interior, original floor mats and carpets, with very little rust, none on the arches,Β  standard wheels and good tyres. It is a two owner car including myself, I have had it about six years. It is MOT for a couple of months but I will put it through its ticket when sold.

Got all the usual stuff like heated seats, electric driver seat adjustment, aircon, steering wheel radio and cruise controls.

I have done the maintenance on the car, including gearbox flushes , over the years...New brakes/ disks etc, all filters changed a short while ago.

There are a few spares to go with it .Β 

Pictures can be seen in the appropriate threads, haven't anything recent but I will put something up here if any interest.

Not sure what it's worth but if anyone on here,Β  or their friends, want it then Β£2150 I think would be fair.

Bad points

The paint on the rear bumper, small area, wants blowing in plus there are a few scrapes on bumper corners ( not mine !), odd couple of small dents commensurate with its age !!

The cambelt was changed in 2017, now has about 13k on it so the new owner may want to change it on a time basis.

Β 

20230204-161820.jpg

Pic from last year

20220425_171235.jpg

Β 

Β 

• Sad 4

• The title was changed to Honda Coupe 3.0 for sale 😭😭😭
  • Site Subscriber’s
6 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Tempting, especially at that price!

Indeed! If I could shift the newest Aerodeck quickly i'd consider the swap for this, but I doubt I can get anything like what i've spent back and get it sold in time ☹️

A real shame you've got to sell it mate, hopefully it goes to somebody who will continue to take good care and keep it going 🀞

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s
On 1/27/2024 at 9:33 PM, Laird_Scooby said:

Which one is your newest Aerodeck?

The red 2.0LS manual, with the front fogs and roof rails

• Clap Hands 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Josh98 said:

The red 2.0LS manual, with the front fogs and roof rails

Wrong colour, engine and transmission for me sadly. Had a vague embryo of an idea but it won't work with that combo for me.

• Sad 1

• Site Subscriber’s
23 hours ago, PTR200S said:

I could live with that 😍

Are you actually wanting another car to replace it thoughΒ πŸ€”Β Is it just down to the coupe not being the most practical that you're letting it go?

I wouldn't be opposed to negotiating a swapΒ at all, although without trying to sound like a tyre kicker i'm quite picky with what I want from a coupe, just because of having wanted a v6 forever i've got an extensive list of hopes and dreams nowΒ πŸ˜‚Β 

I don't want you to think im being difficult about it and messing you about if I didnt go through with it ☹️

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Josh98 said:

Are you actually wanting another car to replace it thoughΒ πŸ€”Β Is it just down to the coupe not being the most practical that you're letting it go?

I wouldn't be opposed to negotiating a swapΒ at all, although without trying to sound like a tyre kicker i'm quite picky with what I want from a coupe, just because of having wanted a v6 forever i've got an extensive list of hopes and dreams nowΒ πŸ˜‚Β 

I don't want you to think im being difficult about it and messing you about if I didnt go through with it ☹️

I hadn't really thought I would need to let the Coupe go but I needed an estate again..hence Volvo V60 but I am not sure that will be a solution to my requirements and I may just push that on,Β  once I have finished it to my satisfaction....so an Aerodeck or Tourer is a possibility.Β 

Regarding the V6, well yes, I could do a negotated swap......as to your "requirements " as a "tyre kicker " read picky ?? 🀣🀣🀣  ( me too !! ) you just need to ask !!!! What is it you need to know ?

Β 

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Josh98 said:

Having done (and also NOT done) some swaps in my time, one thing i can say for certain is that both parties will need to be happy before the swap (whether that includes a cash adjustment either way or not) happens. If one party isn't happy with the swap being offered, it ain't gonna happen!

I know this sounds like common sense and i'm pretty sure both of you realise this as well but it's always nice to double-check before you get too deeply involved/invested - ultimately if you get to the viewing with potential to do the swap that will be the final crunch time. If it doesn't live up to expectations on either side, walk (or should i say drive) away.

Without wishing to put words in Petes mouth, i'm fairly sure he'd say the same or at least, similar. ;) :D

• Site Subscriber’s
2 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Having done (and also NOT done) some swaps in my time, one thing i can say for certain is that both parties will need to be happy before the swap (whether that includes a cash adjustment either way or not) happens.

I just don't want their to be hard feelings at the end of it, money can be that way for leaving people feeling sour :(Β End of the day i'm not out to make money from the Aerodeck and at that price I know Pete's not out to make money out of the v6, I paid over the odds for that Aerodeck so i'll be losing money regardless on the carΒ πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
I have spent a considerable amount on a great many upgrades and service items though, to the point where there's very little left needs doing - all of which I can talk you through completely 😁

Best way to do it would probably to just meet up with the cars? I don't mind the trip in the 'deck, the downside being that it's in dry storage until march 1st

Β 

7 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Regarding the V6, well yes, I could do a negotated swap......as to your "requirements " as a "tyre kicker " read picky ?? 🀣🀣🀣  ( me too !! ) you just need to ask !!!! What is it you need to know ?

Β 

Mostly i'm picky about MOT history, could even say superstitious.Β I have a rule not to buy cars with incomplete or messy MOT histories, mostly out of preference more than worry as you can usually figure out what happened to make the inconsistencies - also it's a good deterrent for me wanting to buy every nice car I see πŸ˜‚Β The only car i've bought with an incomplete MOT history was the car that threw its timing belt after 300 miles, KOV. Went against my own personal rule to buy that car and that happened, which since then has just had me double down on that rule.
I've seen several v6's among other cars that i've been tempted by since but I always take that as my sign not to go for one, call it crazy but its seemed to be the case that all of them have had gaps or inconsistencies in the history so I made the call not to go for themΒ πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Last year my Civic had an MOT cock up as well, which at the time really upset me and still bothers me today even though most people wouldn't care less - it had a double MOT in 2023, passed both times but they were within a month of eachother because one shouldn't have been done. Same with my crown vic, because of me being slow getting around to doing stuff it will now show a failed MOT in 2023 and no subsequent pass until 2024, something which will now forever bother me about it :(Β 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Josh98 said:

Mostly i'm picky about MOT history, could even say superstitious.Β 

My Coupe has a complete mot history....

Only failed once, with a rear fog light in 2017...which I am sure was working when it went in...I think it was discussed on here at the time !!

When it got a rear brake pad thin advisory it got new disks and pads πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Β 

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s

Sad times :( I'm sorry that I can't buy it and give it a good home, i've got so much on with all the cars at the moment and even though i'm hoping to have more space to store them soon all being well 🀞🀞 Money is still an issue as always, can only afford to look after so many 

I hope it sells to somebody who will love it and enjoy itΒ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Josh98 said:

Sad times :( I'm sorry that I can't buy it and give it a good home, i've got so much on with all the cars at the moment and even though i'm hoping to have more space to store them soon all being well 🀞🀞 Money is still an issue as always, can only afford to look after so many 

I hope it sells to somebody who will love it and enjoy itΒ 

No problem,Β  I know where you are coming from πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

• Like 1

Probably one of the best kept and maintained out there. Sad to only see it in the flesh in random passes on the A59. Hope any sale goes well Pete and idiots are kept at bay.

Pity a swap couldn't be worked, because if you've s V6 itch that wants scratching then these hit the spot.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Frustrating....one person no viewing app after two days after asking to come at the weekend...another one asked for info then tells me looking at another one ...πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

Still, no rush to sell really, it's a "surplus to requirements " sale but all enquiries want to know what's wrong with it !!!!

Β 

Β 

• Confused 1

• Moderators

If people think the car is underpriced they automatically assume something is wrong with it - if others are selling for Β£4-5k then price yours to match, you may get some more serious enquiries!

Some years back i sold my old microwave on ebay, it wasn't actually that old, it was stainless steel but it was a bit small for what i needed. I set the opening bid at Β£9.99 and only got a couple of offers, both well under the Β£10 point.

Needless to say i politely declined and waited for auction end then relisted it with a starting bid of Β£19.99 - sold the next day for Β£20!

From this little exercise and the offers i had when it was Β£9.99, people will always assume the worst, give them a reason to expect better/the best and they will pay it.

If some smart Alec (damn - there's my dyslexic typing again! :P ) asks why the price has gone up, tell them because a series of muppet thought it was knackered so you've now priced to reflect condition, rather than a quick sale. You'll probably get a few offers for ~Β£3.5k...........

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Honda Coupe 3.0 for sale 😭😭😭 NOW SOLD