Subscriptions & Donations ×

Centre Dash Removal/ Climate Control/ New Radio Accord Coupe

hughezee

• 1 year later...

Hi.

Thanks for all the advice on the Multiplex.

When I bought the car it already had a Sony CDX600 Headunit fitted and everything on the Dash was working OK.

dvOidKw.jpg

I have since fitted my Pioneer DEH X9500BT Unit and everything seems OK.

KarjnVF.jpg

What is your thoughts on this? And do you lose the Multiplex straight away, or over time?

I would like your thoughts ASAP on this please???

Thanks

• Like 1

• Administrators

Apologies for the confusion if the plug from radio e.g loom has an orange wire just make sure its completely disconnected, cut it and taped up out the way, some ISO adapters will miss the out connection, but some will connect to the two wires shown above in the additional pictures if you followed the wires to the cars wiring loom and leaving these connections will slowly short out the multiplexer unit if left connected :huh:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hughezee said:

Apologies for the confusion if the plug from radio e.g loom has an orange wire just make sure its completely disconnected, cut it and taped up out the way, some ISO adapters will miss the out connection, but some will connect to the two wires shown above in the additional pictures if you followed the wires to the cars wiring loom and leaving these connections will slowly short out the multiplexer unit if left connected :huh:

No real confusion, just want a consensus on what wire to cut/disconnect really.

As you state, Cable 8 in the Diagram is listed as Lighting, (I presume to Dim the Display of the Headunit when the cars lights are switched on). This Cable is Orange with a thin white stripe coming from the Headunit Loom which corresponds to a Solid Orange Cable on the cars Adapter Loom, (Wiring Harness) when connected. (As seen here):

4RG8th7.jpg

I just cut the actual Solid Orange Cable on the Adapter Harness so as to leave the Headunits Harness/Loom intact. (As seen in the photo above). If you know what I mean... ;) 

Thanks for all your help on this - very much appreciated!!! :D

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

So I fitted a KDC-430u Kenwood head unit today, no problems and this new baby has hands free calls and Spotify control.

My din adapter had been cadged by my daughter a couple of weeks ago for her Vauxhall, she had a long journey ahead and I was left with a hole in the dash and no sounds. So £75 for the head unit and less than £3 for the lead, not so bad in the scheme of things. 22w RMS per channel I believe.

IMG-20190608-140907510.jpg.jpg

I fitted the mic in the blank button space under the head unit, the one to the left.

IMG-20190608-152142294.jpg.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Centre Dash Removal/ Climate Control/ New Radio Accord Coupe