Subscriptions & Donations ×

Vtec badge on rear window.

PTR200S

• Moderators

My vtec badge on the rear window is slowly disintegrating, I wondered if I should replace it.....then I got to wondering if it should be there in the first place....????

I mean, is it standard ? Did Honda actually put one on it ? 

20220121-161927.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Been looking for one the badges but none advertised anywhere close to original.

However,  been discussing this with an advertiser on eBay. Nice guy, very helpful and he offered to do designs based on pics.

Sent some pics over a week or so ago and have now got a reply with some options that look good.

Can anyone confirm the overall size of an original one ? I am measuring at 95mm by 12mm ....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Been looking for one the badges but none advertised anywhere close to original.

However,  been discussing this with an advertiser on eBay. Nice guy, very helpful and he offered to do designs based on pics.

Sent some pics over a week or so ago and have now got a reply with some options that look good.

Can anyone confirm the overall size of an original one ? I am measuring at 95mm by 12mm ....

Just measured, i confirm 95mm by 12mm. Font color is grey slighlty metallic on black background.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Founding Member

6 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Since I replaced my back window, I do not have a VTEC badge.  Whilst the guy is making them, could he do a batch?  Others may either not have a badge or the original is as rotten as yours

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PaulS said:

Since I replaced my back window, I do not have a VTEC badge.  Whilst the guy is making them, could he do a batch?  Others may either not have a badge or the original is as rotten as yours

I don't see why not, we had the keyrings made specially for us,  I was thinking of getting a couple anyway but I don't think they will be exactly the same as the original unless I can resolve a couple of queries with the supplier.  Will try and post a pic of his proposal shortly.

The border is in discussion at the moment as the " V & T " have a lined border with no background whereas the  "E C" is sat on a background with a border... anyway raised the query will post info soonest.

Presumably the letters were originally silver or grey as Kingkong points out, mine are a bit faded...ok, a lot faded ! so just working on the principle they were solid bloc silver originally.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KingK0ng said:

Just measured, i confirm 95mm by 12mm. Font color is grey slighlty metallic on black background.

Thanks for that, I also make the letters 10.5mm with the total height as 12mm to include the black border

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Thanks for that, I also make the letters 10.5mm with the total height as 12mm to include the black border

Fair enough, btw on your picture look like the background outline borders is silver but it's wear, it's actually all black.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, KingK0ng said:

Fair enough, btw on your picture look like the background outline borders is silver but it's wear, it's actually all black.

I think your are right, the edges are just worn but look like a silver edge in the photo, so black right to the edge then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Do you remember those "back-flashes" of the late 80s/early 90s? Big letters across the rear screen................ could be translucent silver or whatever colour you choose to not impair rear vision - just an idea?

Just had a horrible "flash" recall of the front windscreen stickers, "WAYNE & TRACY "  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Is it someone down in Bournemouth Pete? A few years back i had some made in easy-peel vinyl to use as a mask when spraying centre caps, very good quality! Also got 8 in the pack, only ordered 5 but the price was cheaper than a similar product they were offering that was simply a stick-on variety to leave on.

• Like 1

• Moderators

OK, the supplier has now come up with the design for the decal , it's the nearest he can get from the pictures I sent of my faded version.

It's listed on ebay under Honda Accord Coupe 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284707049990   ...postage a bit steep but then hopefully it's packaged well to prevent folding.

I have asked for it in satin silver metallic, almost grey that KingK0ng mentioned, which looks to be correct on my car but he will do it in different colours, listed on the advert.

As mine is pretty bad I am hoping this will be a good replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

Looks clean, but he didn't add the black background ? Look like each letters are individual or there is a transparent background i can't see. But since where the sticker is originally applied black as well it may render just as good with a transparent background.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KingK0ng said:

Looks clean, but he didn't add the black background ? Look like each letters are individual or there is a transparent background i can't see. But since where the sticker is originally applied black as well it may render just as good with a transparent background.

My decal only has black where the letters are tagged together and with the " e c " tagged black full height. The rest is clear and relies on the black background where it adheres too.

Like I said not an exact replica but hopefully good enough.

I am ordering three.....just in case I buy some more Coupe 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1