Subscriptions & Donations ×

Power Steering Pump

PTR200S

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, PaulS said:

I hope the smell of new rubber puts off your mice....

Nooooh, 😤  don't want them anywhere near it !!!

Just looking forward to getting it back on the road in September,  got a few other things to do before then.

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Finally got to finish the job this afternoon,  van has been sat around for over two months, connected battery, turned over barely once and fired right up,  don't you just lurvvve Hondas !!!!

The reservoir had been filled last week and no leaks evident just sitting there.

Fired up , ran it for 30 seconds,  shut down, add more fluid and then ran it up to temp, drove it up and down a bit, lock to lock several times to clear the airlocks in the ps system, all good.

Left it for an hour whilst tootling with other things,  checked it and all dry.  Ran it up to temperature again, drove it up and down, seems good.

Will check it again tomorrow after standing overnight, if dry we are good to go on September 1st.. 😆

• Clap Hands 1

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, st123 said:

now i have a leak in the power steering looks like the same place as you,  do you have the part numbers for the parts used for the main pipes which were changed please

If it is the same then you need the following bits....I did replace the elbow too as I suspected a crack in the plastic although I couldn't prove it.

The main problem was the O ring on the elbow which was 91347-P2A-003...

but I then discovered the feed pipe to pump had gone hard so replaced that too, deciding to replace the elbow just in case...not sure which solved the problem but all had gone "hard" and so for little money , I just replaced everything. 

Elbow part no is 56123-RCA-A01

The pipe is 53731-SJK-000

I also bought the 2 x clamps for the tube just to be sure 🤣 2 of 91405-SSO-003

Just check these numbers come up with the right info for your model.......

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

What oil goes in the Elysion steering reservoir? Is it normal red ATF or some funky stuff? What's in mine is impossible to determine, so it needs changing. the level is on minimum but I can't see any leaks around the pump & there's no drips under the car. The PAS works but the pump is noisy when the car has been running locally for 20 minutes, however I can drive 30 miles on the motorway without the noise appearing . I hink it might be best getting the pump changed under warranty though.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I use the Honda Power Steering Fluid, is not expensive and I know it's correct for the system.

You can try the suck out the reservoir method and do a part replacement over a couple of weeks if you don’t want to drain down the system..also prevents airlock in the rack mech.

I noticed a big difference in the steering with lack of noise in the first change over...make sure you "bleed" the system by turning fully lock to lock a few times.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

By the way, just fill to halfway between low and high level, my Elysion seems to like that,  whereas the Coupe runs to a true level 🤣🙃🤪...run engine after bleeding, usually find its at full then....when cold it will be back to halfway.  If you fill to the top level it seems to "overflow" a bit.

• Like 1