Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Accord coupe owner

LeedsMatt

• Site Subscriber’s

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm very pleased to say I'm the proud owner of a well loked after V6 coupe. It was the one featured in this thread: https://honda6.ipbhost.com/topic/6446-new-v6-coupe-owner/

A quick look around the site after Rich's recommendation and it's a fantastic resource for someone like me who has never owned a V6 Honda before.

I'll get a couple of pictures of the car if it ever stops raining! But i'm already impressed by how it ate up those motorway miles when i was bringing it home!

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Welcome to the H6nda club !!

I take it you have the V reg beautiful red Coupe 😍 it's well worth keeping it up to scratch and Rich was already on the case!!!

Tell us why you decided to get a Coupe , what tempted you ?

How do you like it so far ?

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
31 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Welcome to the H6nda club !!

I take it you have the V reg beautiful red Coupe 😍 it's well worth keeping it up to scratch and Rich was already on the case!!!

Tell us why you decided to get a Coupe , what tempted you ?

How do you like it so far ?

I follow various people on twitter who talk about kinda unusual cars, one of them retweeted Rich's for sale tweet and I loved the look of the coupe, went to have a look and I fell in love with it basically. 

I've only driven it from Sheffield where I bought it up to Leeds where I live and it feels fantastic to drive. There's a couple of bits I wanna crack on with but that's part of the fun isn't it. 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LeedsMatt said:

Yeah that's top of the list I think. Is that something you can help me with or should I look locally to have it done?

Yes, it certainly is but I have a few motors already booked in up until July, if you decided locally I personally wouldn't trust a general garage unless you had a spare tensioner as there's is a technique to reset it. Another option is to see if your local Honda dealer can offer a belt change at the very least under the Honda happiness scheme?

• Like 3

• Moderators
23 hours ago, LeedsMatt said:

I absolutely do find myself staring at it. It stopped raining long enough for a pic!MG-0023.jpg

Never mind staring at it !!!!!!!........get out there and drive it ! 

Anyway if you drive it down the high st you can stare at it reflected in the shop windows  😉

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, LeedsMatt said:

Yeah I've been doing a lot of that believe me :lol:

How easy is it to source clear side indicators? I think it would look so much cleaner without the orange down the sides 

Changed my orange indicator bulbs this year too,  chrome versions,  makes it look loads better.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,about half way down the page here

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, LeedsMatt said:

Cheers for that I'll get those for sure. 

What I was meaning though are the orange indicators on the side of the car between the front wheels and the door. 

Ah, I understand,  not sure if they are the same shape as the standard Accords, someone has probably done this and will be along shortly 🙃

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, LeedsMatt said:

Yep, they look good, 

Here is a set on ebay 

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/372918488666

Look at the other cars it fits too, should be able to widen the search parameters now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Only worrying thing on the ebay is the info at the bottom of the ad, the about us section ...British?

CARSTYLEFACTOR store is Located in UNITED KINDOM, we are a profession company dealing with car exterior and interior decoration and Modification. We have Professional desearch team and own factory to meet the 1st Class new Product.

For Retails,wholesale and dropshipping sellers,pls just feel free to contact us for competitive price.

Looks the same as the Amazon one...

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Is this the same version???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Timagebreze-Dynamic-Marker-Signal-Odyssey/dp/B094PT8H2Z

Just wondering if the led low power will throw a wobbler with the indicator unit.....

think this is the genuine Honda number for clear...33801-S2A-J02 / 33851-S2A-J02 haven't checked it for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Site Subscriber’s

Not exactly close to you, but not a million miles away is Peter Holborn at PCH in Hazel Grove near Stockport. I used him a couple of times when I lived up that way before I moved to the midlands and found out about Stuart AKA @hughezee. He is very competent and a lover of old Hondas - he was running a Legend when I last went there.

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Welcome aboard Matt! Nice to see the car staying within the club!

Pete, the LED sode repeaters won't effect the indicators because the bulbs are only 5W in them to start with, sometimes only 3W so the bulk of the current goes to the front and rear indicaator bulbs rather than the repeaters. The front and rear take 42W between them (21W each but may be rated at 25W for the USA market which rates them at 14V instead of 12V - works out the same though) so 5W or 1W for the side repeaters won't confuse the flasher relay.

An electronic flasher relay could be fitted instead then it won't care at all! ;):D

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Wow it's been so long since I posted in here, sorry about that! So update time firstly my car flew through it's MOT no advisories back in November, happy days. Then last month I was parked at traffic lights minding my own business when some idiot ran into the back of my motor, no happy. He held his hands up and took responsibility saying he'd pay. So long story short I've collected her today (Honda still supply the bumpers believe it or not, they aren't cheap but I wasn't paying lol). 

Pics to follow

• Like 2