Subscriptions & Donations ×

Sterling back from the MoT station!

Laird_Scooby

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Allegedly that passed the MoT, despite being not continuously welded and looking like Mr Magoo has taken up welding! :o

Did they do that??

Even the plates don't fit the "hole" 

• Confused 1
  • grrrr 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Wow, that's wrong on many levels. 

Take it up with dvsa perhaps and tip them off about their standards.

First step is to recover my money and then depending how that goes i think DVSA might be involved.

I certainly won't be using that testing station again though! :o

• Like 2

• Moderators

I don't have a MIG these days Pete and even if i did, i'm not really up for doing something that will take that long - hence the reason i paid to have it done.

I have done better stuff with my eyes shut in the past although i think an untrained chimp could do better than that! :o

• Sad 2

• Moderators
Just now, Laird_Scooby said:

I have done better stuff with my eyes shut in the past although i think an untrained chimp could do better than that! :o

Haha, yes, showed my mate , trained welder, he reckoned even i (me) could have done a better job..say what ?!!!! Cheeky monkey, or is that chimp ? 🙉

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

I've only welded a barn door frame, but it was better than that for a first go. Looks like the person who did this would have struggled to hit said door with a weld. Must have been apprenticeships mate. 

What a pain though to go and get monies back.

• Like 2

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

Looks like the person who did this would have struggled to hit said door with a weld. Must have been apprenticeships mate. 

It's a "one-man-band" garage, he's the tester, mechanic, welder etc. His wife does the paperwork etc and has done welding in the past to a much better standard.

I have no idea why he thought fit to allow the pigeons to have a dysentary session or not continuously weld round the patches or why he welded through the drain hole/jacking point with a plug weld.

• Sad 1

• Administrators

Sorry to hear and see this mess Dave 😢 there's clearly a long list of unknowns as I am sure you are aware and I agree with Pete on starting over.😔 I hope you get it sorted in every sense, but this kind of work is not acceptable in my opinion. 🥵

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Founding Member

Must admit I would be tempted to use him so that my car passed the MOT - but not expect him to find something I hadn't and certainly would not give him any other work to do on my car.

To even think of leaving bits of welding rod still attached is on its own unacceptable!

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, hughezee said:

Sorry to hear and see this mess Dave 😢 there's clearly a long list of unknowns as I am sure you are aware and I agree with Pete on starting over.😔 I hope you get it sorted in every sense, but this kind of work is not acceptable in my opinion. 🥵

Thanks Stu, as someone else commented, i can't wait to see what's behind the outer sill - will the inner sill be repaired or not and if so, will it be just as bad?

I have someone lined up to do the job properly, just got to get my money back first so i can pay for it!

21 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Must admit I would be tempted to use him so that my car passed the MOT

The way i'm feeling right now i don't want to be anywhere near the bloke, especially in a garage. There are a lot of tools around and i might not resist temptation! 🤬

• Sad 1
  • grrrr 1

• Site Subscriber’s

That's got to be a concern and brought to the attention of trading  standards firstly for the sh*t workmanship and then reported about passing dodgy MOT's. If they take his license away, and has to get his work tested by others, he'll not be in business for long

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

The way i'm feeling right now i don't want to be anywhere near the bloke, especially in a garage.

I am similar position with something unrelated to cars, so kinda know what your feeling right now and it is horrible. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1