Subscriptions & Donations ×

New V6 Coupe owner

rich1068

Re: the cruise button. On further investigation it appears the regular illumination (lights on) doesn't work either. I've popped the switch out and I'm confronted with these two bulbs.

oFXRgbUl.jpg

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two (I assume the colour of the base is significant) and the wattage?

Apologies for the fairly obvious question but I meant to check while I had it out and then work got in the way. And I've never bough dash switch bulbs before.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think those two are number 10 and 12 on the dash and interior lights thread, page 1.

That diagram at the start has the cruise button marked number 14..... part numbers on there too but i guess prices have probably changed 😢🙄

• Moderators
Just now, rich1068 said:

Beat me to it.

No probs, the man at the top posted the original info,  I just linked it !!

I ended up getting the original honda bulb for the clock after experimenting with led and such...and getting nowhere 😄

I'll call the dealer tomorrow. They'll probably lift my leg but I'll know they're correct. And no doubt I could find them cheaper online but factor in postage and waiting I'd rather go the dealer route. I've got to speak to them about the airbag recall anyway.

In other news, I started on getting the interior up to scratch and it's scrubbing up nicely. Still some work to do though. And the ATF arrives tomorrow from Opie so you never know, might get round to that at the weekend. Could probably do with changing the plugs too. Any recommendations?

I got it insured today too. £150 for 2k miles a year on a classic policy from RH Insurance. Quite pleased with that.

More as I get it... ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Might be worth just pulling a couple of the front ones first, might be lucky and they have been changed already....if so I would then pull a back one and see if some lazy arse didn't bother doing the back three!!!

..loads on ebygum... ,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6x-Fits-Honda-Accord-MK7-3-0-V6-24V-Genuine-Denso-Twin-Tip-TT-Spark-Plugs-/361599736369

Good deal if they are the real thing !  £14.52 delivered, for SIX !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6X-IRIDIUM-TIP-SPARK-PLUGS-FOR-HONDA-ACCORD-VI-3-0-V6-24V-1998-2003-/223798102054

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Think the Denso are KJ16CR ....

All the info really is here isn't it? I'm ashamed...

2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Might be worth just pulling a couple of the front ones first, might be lucky and they have been changed already....if so I would then pull a back one and see if some lazy arse didn't bother doing the back three!!!

Common-ish problem with the V6 Lexus such as the RX400h. Fronts done but the back 3 left because it's too much like hard work.

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s

Certainly a nice colour. Not seen one in red before. Those bulbs in my opinion, are a pain to change if they are anything like the fog light and headlight adjuster switch. They are tiny, with very long wires. Grain of wheat bulbs. Not been able to find original ones. Enjoy your car, I think they're great, and love them for the rarity factor. 

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 12:43 AM, Chrismas said:

Certainly a nice colour. Not seen one in red before. Those bulbs in my opinion, are a pain to change if they are anything like the fog light and headlight adjuster switch. They are tiny, with very long wires. Grain of wheat bulbs. Not been able to find original ones. Enjoy your car, I think they're great, and love them for the rarity factor. 

Thank you!

No pain with changing them. No wires and a quarter turn and they're out. Picked one of them up from the dealer today (35861S84T01) so that's the top one which I assume based on its position is for the cruise on/off light. But I notice the base is dark green so it looks like someone has had a fiddle with these before. The other bulb is in Belgium apparently <_< 

Didn't get chance to touch the ATF this weekend so I'm consoling myself with this major bit of work.

Couple of other things while I've got you all. I am experiencing an occasional warm/hot start problem. If the engine catches it stumbles and then stalls. A press, hold, release of the accelerator and then start seems to sort it. Or that could have been sheer coincidence. Any thoughts?

Also there's quite a bit of play in the position the wipers come to rest. You can see from my first pics that they sit quite high but can be easily moved back into a better parked position. Next time they're used they park at the higher position again. Worn linkage of some sort? Any experience of this one.

Other than that everything is good. I've been driving it all weekend and it really does seem to like fast A roads. Not so happy pootling around town. My children obviously hate it because it's too old, not got enough doors or touchscreen gadgets and occasionally doesn't start.  And I'm pretty sure my wife still hasn't noticed. Or she has and it's simply an indication of her level of interest in my little hobbies.

Oh and a dark blue Legend (KB1?) drove past me as I left Honda Sheffield.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Thank you!

No pain with changing them. No wires and a quarter turn and they're out. Picked one of them up from the dealer today (35861S84T01) so that's the top one which I assume based on its position is for the cruise on/off light. But I notice the base is dark green so it looks like someone has had a fiddle with these before. The other bulb is in Belgium apparently <_< 

Didn't get chance to touch the ATF this weekend so I'm consoling myself with this major bit of work.

Couple of other things while I've got you all. I am experiencing an occasional warm/hot start problem. If the engine catches it stumbles and then stalls. A press, hold, release of the accelerator and then start seems to sort it. Or that could have been sheer coincidence. Any thoughts?

Also there's quite a bit of play in the position the wipers come to rest. You can see from my first pics that they sit quite high but can be easily moved back into a better parked position. Next time they're used they park at the higher position again. Worn linkage of some sort? Any experience of this one.

Other than that everything is good. I've been driving it all weekend and it really does seem to like fast A roads. Not so happy pootling around town. My children obviously hate it because it's too old, not got enough doors or touchscreen gadgets and occasionally doesn't start.  And I'm pretty sure my wife still hasn't noticed. Or she has and it's simply an indication of her level of interest in my little hobbies.

Oh and a dark blue Legend (KB1?) drove past me as I left Honda Sheffield.

Re the starting problem, sounds like the common problem with the fuel pump relay located under the steering column. 

The solder joints "go dry" , had the same problems as you describe, intermittent too.....I redid mine and all was OK for a while but had to solder it again so I bought a new one, installed that and keep the resoldered one in the boot just in case.

Easy change over / remove......Once you have located it 🙃😉😜

Re wipers couple of the guys had same problem, can't recall the resolution though, might involve new spindle / rack but I am sure they will be along to comment shortly !

Children,,,,hate it........... ok, catch the bus then !!!!!! Solved !!🤣

Check detail here.

• Like 2

Thanks for that. Happened again this afternoon after I'd washed it. Problem was it was blocking in every other vehicle I own at the time! Waited half an hour and it was fine.

I was coming down on it being a fuelling issue but I was thinking more filter or pump so I'll look into this relay.

• Like 2

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Thanks for that. Happened again this afternoon after I'd washed it. Problem was it was blocking in every other vehicle I own at the time! Waited half an hour and it was fine.

I was coming down on it being a fuelling issue but I was thinking more filter or pump so I'll look into this relay.

Mine was really intermittent too, could go for days being ok but then several times on the bounce it would play up...definitely worth a check. Think our glorious leader might have a spare or two if you don't fancy getting the soldering iron out 😆

• Like 1

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

I was thinking more filter or pump so I'll look into this relay.

Very very rare for a Honda fuel pump to go bad TBH, happy to pop a repaired relay in the post if needed.🖐️

31 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Updated part number appears to be 39400-S84-003

Yes, the 39400-S84-003 Superseded from 39400-S82-A01, they're cheap enough on Amayama though. 👍

• Clap Hands 1

13 hours ago, hughezee said:

Very very rare for a Honda fuel pump to go bad TBH, happy to pop a repaired relay in the post if needed.🖐️

Yes, the 39400-S84-003 Superseded from 39400-S82-A01, they're cheap enough on Amayama though. 👍

Cheers Hugh (or I get the feeling it might be Stu?), that would be appreciated. Dealer part is in Belgium again and Amayama takes an age. Let me know how you wish to proceed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So in the space of a few days I've done the oil and filter, coolant, ATF, plugs, cleaned up the engine bay and put the correct Accord badge on. Add that to all the work Stu did for me last week and I suppose all that's left is to drive it...

I should think about the cam belt as I've no record of it being done but that's beyond me. Maybe another trip to Honda 6 HQ is in order :rolleyes:

Oh, getting the standard front springs put back on next week. It's just too crashy round town.

If it stays nice this weekend I'll try and get some more pictures up.

• Like 3