Subscriptions & Donations ×

My Honda Legend KA7 Project Chat

Zamz

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Zamz said:

Look at this on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223621209382

Installed these over weekend their great definitely recommend them. Clear's the screen so well like a brand new car.

I've got the same on my Sterling, nice clean screen especially with the mist-fan screenwash jets. ;) :D

• Like 2

• Moderators

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X2-Front-Wiper-Washer-Jet-Nozzle-Jet-Spray-Fan-For-Peugeot-Citroen-Nozzles/133455466630

There you go, not sure if Subaru ones will fit but they do. They hit the screen slightly higher these days after cleaning out the washer system but this is them in action :

That's actually in my 827 Coupe that i sold a couple of years back, another cool upgrade is in this video :

Excuse the Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel in the background! :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 11/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, Laird_Scooby said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X2-Front-Wiper-Washer-Jet-Nozzle-Jet-Spray-Fan-For-Peugeot-Citroen-Nozzles/133455466630

There you go, not sure if Subaru ones will fit but they do. They hit the screen slightly higher these days after cleaning out the washer system but this is them in action :

That's actually in my 827 Coupe that i sold a couple of years back, another cool upgrade is in this video :

Excuse the Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel in the background! :P

These fit the Coupe as well would you think?  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Fairly certain they do Pete, if memory serves Honda used the same jets (or at least the same hole) for the Legends and Accords - let's face it, it's a relatively minor part although important (to the MoT man at least :P ) but there are limited forms it can have to provide the function so i think Honda went with "one size fits all". I know the previous gen Accord used the same as my Sterling and the corresponding Legends and i don't think either manufacturer changed anything.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

ah well, Citroën washers arrived....they have offset pipe connections, about 60 degrees off centre and, visually, look to require a bigger body hole than Coupe originals. 

Haven't had a serious old one out check yet but don't think they will go....Will check later this week.............

Might be a set of washer heads looking for a new home   !!!!!!!

• Confused 1

• Moderators

Something weird somewhere Pete as i wouldn't have linked to them if i thought they had a 60deg spout/stub on them.

In fact i'm sure i didn't but who knows now as the seller may well have changed the listing in the time between me linking and you buying.

My apologies if i did get it wrong but fairly certain i didn't. ;):D

• Moderators

Thanks Stu, i've been trying to remember where i first saw the idea - must have been on here!.

That aside, seeing the part number reminded me that when i've looked, i've always checked that part number - most are similar but it's only the ones ending in "V8" that fit, no prizes for guessing why i remember that bit!

However, i also searched ebay for that part number and localised it to the UK - here's the result :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?hash=item1f1290d086%3Ag%3Ai6QAAOSwoQ5e~pxf&item=133455466630&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=6438.v8&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

Longer link than usual because it's got the various price and location criteria in. Interstingly the same part number shows some with the 60 deg stub as well, doubtless they'll fit PSA group and Alfa Romeos but i can't remember on the Rover/Legend if the jets are pushed sideways to release the solid tang then pop them up or backwards/forwards, maybe you can remind me please?

If it's sideways i reckon what Pete has had delivered will fit, if not it's a case of suck it and see.

Also picking up on Richards comment about the lower jet on the ebay one, all the ebay ones i've used have landed a couple of inches above the wiper blade at rest with a wide fan, just where you really want it, not high on the screen.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Something weird somewhere Pete as i wouldn't have linked to them if i thought they had a 60deg spout/stub on them.

In fact i'm sure i didn't but who knows now as the seller may well have changed the listing in the time between me linking and you buying.

My apologies if i did get it wrong but fairly certain i didn't. ;):D

Not a big deal, Dave, if you look at pics on the link you can see the intake stub is angled...I should have spotted it really but , hey ho, they may well go in and there is room to put pipe on at an angle I think....

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Thing is Pete, i would have spotted it because i had already rejected some others i found and was going to link to because of the angled stub. I'm certain the seller changed the images after i posted it and probably after you bought it.

If you click on the link it should come up with an ebay notification along the lines of "You bought this item" - if it says after that the seller had revised or updated the listing or something similar then it could well be.

Hopefully they'll fit anyway, who knows they may even fit better!

• Haha 1