Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend KB1 Window Tinting

Mazda Man

• The title was changed to Honda Legend KB1 Window Tinting
  • Founding Member
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Nice one Geoff, a great way of keeping the interior cooler and protecting your leather from the sun 👍😎

Exactly Stu, there’s also the privacy and security aspect, the glass shouldn’t shatter as much as the film should hold a lot of it together. 

• Like 3

• Founding Member

The guy fitting it commented on the thickness of the glass too.  Very clever how they fit the tints though, no bubbles or creases.  Was told not to lower the windows for 3-5 days to give the adhesive time to cure properly. As Stu mentions the film  cuts out the harmful sun rays that dry and crack your leather.  Plus as the colour is Opulent Blue which is quite dark, plus the black interior, the tints really set it off nicely.  

He showed me a ‘chameleon’ film for front windscreen (£700 a roll!)...it’s clear but when you look at it from different angles different colours pop, a bit like the paint on my old Nighthawk Black Accord, that was black, purple and other colours depending on the angle of view.  Lovely. 

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s
On 10/10/2020 at 6:44 PM, Lennie Legend said:

Exactly Stu, there’s also the privacy and security aspect, the glass shouldn’t shatter as much as the film should hold a lot of it together. 

I've just been watching Police Interceptors on the telly and they wanted to break into a drug dealer's car, they were using one of those small window hammers with no luck as all as the windows had been tinted. So extra security for sure.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Geoff, don't the blinds work any longer? I had my 5 Series windows tinted with full privacy tint. Great in the summer, not so great at night when reversing though! Having said that, it was camera less, unlike the Legend.

Local company charged me £125 to tint (3 years ago) how much was Lennie's tint Geoff?

• Like 3