Subscriptions & Donations ×

Boot capacity for the coupe?

Andy Mc

As per title, I've had a quick check online but nothing. Nearest i got was for the 'sedan' saying 14 cubic feet?

Pretty sure the coupe is bigger? 

Its for an discussion/arguement i can see coming next week. Going away with a few people and they neeeed suv's?? Why? "We've got a dog", "We have a child" and "Getting away for weekends, they're bigger and more convenient" are the main excuses. So what, i have two kids and a cat and the coupe is fine. I just hoping to score more with bigger boot stats too.

• Like 2

• Moderators

No idea what cubic capacity is BUT

😄 its fekin BIG !!!

Have to say, I would struggle with the dogs.... 75kg and erm, miniscule.......not in the boot ! inside! and I don't want them on my leather seats either !

It won't take a kiddie seat ,,,,...the bigger newer versions anyway.

Two adults, load of gear 👍

alternative? V6 Honda Elysion !!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yep, drop down on mine for a big increase in space,  downside is that parcel shelf is fixed so only useful for long stuff really,,,,although it is possible to chuck boxes through interior onto the newly created extra loadspace  😜

If you add that space on, Andy,  you might be on to a top Trump winner!!

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Everyone I speak to is amazed at the size of the coupe boot.....it’s like a mini Tardis. 
Did 7 days in Cornwall and 3 of us packed for a month and the boot was full to the brim. The car pulled like a train still (as Geoff would say). My sister in law suggested taking 2 cars to the beach one day as she assumed her SUP board bag and another sizeable bag along with other beach stuff wouldn't fit in the coupe. She was amazed and so impressed that everything packed in nicely. This is all with a 12” subwoofer enclosure as well.  

Such a practical and understated coupe. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• Site Subscriber’s

I found my coupe by accident when I was looking for a Prelude and I'm glad I did really. I didn't really need 4 seats (we can use the Jazz for those rare occasions) but I used to do a lot of kayaking and camping, and space might have been a bit of an issue in a Prelude. I can get the grandson's new child seat in the back though, maybe it depends upon the model of seat but ours is supposed to go all the way up to 13 years I think. Getting it through the space between the door pillar and the front seat requires careful alignment though.

I still sometimes hanker after a Prelude though.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2020 at 10:16 AM, davebrads said:

I found my coupe by accident when I was looking for a Prelude and I'm glad I did really. I didn't really need 4 seats (we can use the Jazz for those rare occasions) but I used to do a lot of kayaking and camping, and space might have been a bit of an issue in a Prelude. I can get the grandson's new child seat in the back though, maybe it depends upon the model of seat but ours is supposed to go all the way up to 13 years I think. Getting it through the space between the door pillar and the front seat requires careful alignment though.

I still sometimes hanker after a Prelude though.

Yes, I agree with getting child seat into the back is an issue. Isofix would be perfect too. And the reason why folding down rear seats is a no go. 

Anyway we all fitted in rammed full and no real noticeable change in pulling power. Even when a Seat FR tailgater got taught a lesson when the motorway cleared up and he was left in the outside lane looking small. 😁

• Like 3

It was steamed up like that as it had 4 sodden coats inside draped over the seats. Nothing dries in a tent! Ever! I had been out in it with aircon on sucking up all the moisture from us. Everything works fine. I'd just switched it to full heat towards the end to get some temp in the cabin to help drying. That spot always appears! Its weird.

Boot only leaks when i open it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Maybe a bit of "grease" on the inside of the window?

Rain-X Anti-Fog works well on the inside of the windows, reduces misting up considerably. Maybe the window was originally treated and it's all worn off except that spot or maybe a cut potato was dabbed on that bit of the screen................... ;):D