Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Fuel Consumption?

PTR200S

• Moderators

My V6 3 litre version averages around 22mpg and down to 19 when fully loaded under normal traffic condidtions, that is, town driving, stop start, traffic lights etc 

With the lack of traffic under lockdown conditions my first outing showed an average of 28mpg against 22mpg.!!!

Under out of town conditions and 50 / 60mph it is recording just over 30mpg....just shows what traffic conditions can do to your vehicles fuel consumption 🙂

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

just shows what traffic conditions can do to your vehicles fuel consumption 🙂

That's pretty good then considering its size & weight and the fun factor 😄 the odyssey gets about 25mpg around town on a long run it's in the 40's, I am very happy 😁

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, st123 said:

I can go to Cardiff and back which is 210 miles from home on £40 fuel

What does your dash consumption show?

How many litres / gallons is "£40" ?? or what do you pay per litre?

My read out shows about 10.8 on a long run converted to mpg is about 30.5mpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, st123 said:

32 mpg

That's impressive, I presume you are paying over 1.30 litre then? Superunleaded ???

I have just put super in at 119 litre, 10p over the standard....odd that really, used to be 8p difference....someone getting the difference in the back pocket so to speak!!!!

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, st123 said:

i was going by the read out which showed 11.4 but those things never give you a true reading

Wow ! 11.4 !!! 

I have never had it that high except downhill with a wind behind !!!

Changes of wheel size seems to affect that reading, probably part of Honda complicated calculation stuff they do !!!!

As a matter of interest, what size wheels and tyres are you on now ???

I am still looking for two 18" Honda Prestige original wheels....just in case you see any going !!!

• Like 2

On 4/18/2020 at 7:09 AM, PTR200S said:

Wow ! 11.4 !!! 

I have never had it that high except downhill with a wind behind !!!

Changes of wheel size seems to affect that reading, probably part of Honda complicated calculation stuff they do !!!!

As a matter of interest, what size wheels and tyres are you on now ???

I am still looking for two 18" Honda Prestige original wheels....just in case you see any going !!!

215/60/17 will keep an eye out for the 18" wheels for you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

This lockdown has done wonders for my fuel consumption!  £30 worth of fuel over 7 weeks with just under half of that left in the tank !

A run out on Saturday morning of around 8 miles or so, on open roads, saw consumption head into the 11.2 plus litres per km, 31.5 mpg...truly amazing! 

I would love to see the Coupe mpg under the same conditions to compare the two V6 generational engines power versus kerbweight ....but it is currently a nursery for birds with the only consumption being a steady stream of worms 🙄

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

As lockdown appears to be over according to the number of people out and about the Elysion fuel consumption has increased to just over 24mpg around town. The result of traffic queues,  lights, roundabouts and general congestion....the fact I am out, doing some work now is probably what's happening everywhere. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

For some reason fuel consumption has improved somewhat,  I am carrying less of a load at the moment though , gone back to 28mpg on average and a long run at a steady average 50mph camera speed.......40.9 mpg !!! In 3 cylinder mode and cruise control mode...

Sneaking suspicion that binning the Magnatec 10/40 and going back to Tradetec 10/40ss has helped. I think I changed it before lockdown so as it's only recently had a mileage increase that it is now showing up..anecdotal evidence only though  🙂

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Elly running well, averaged about 31 mpg this week, mixed driving conditions, over about 350 miles, definitely improved somewhat after changing back to the Tradtec oil from Magnatec. Why? no idea but pretty pleased just the same ! 

Still can't get st123 11.4 consumption but its getting there !

Got a slight pull on the left side, suspect a caliper in need of service again, might help mpg too!

fuel.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

With the calipers done an improvement was in the offing except for the fact I have spent hours in traffic due to roadworks EVERYWHERE  !!

What gets me is the traffic lights the council insist on having now even for a 20 foot length of works on one side of the road !!......I have gone through these in the past, not sure how legal it is but I am not waiting on a 20 foot gap when everything is clear, late at night for instance !

Upshot was an average of 7.8 km to the litre, 22mpg in real money !!

So, Mr council,  the slower we go, the more fuel used and therefore more emissions are produced......  😇

• Haha 2

• Founding Member
20 hours ago, PTR200S said:

With the calipers done an improvement was in the offing except for the fact I have spent hours in traffic due to roadworks EVERYWHERE  !!

I have noticed this a lot lately too. So annoying, especially if no work is actually being done. 

• Clap Hands 2

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Its very windy today, bad weather generally really. Everyone is off the road ! 

Going through towns , mostly kept going , no traffic jams, 23.5mpg...almost fully loaded as well.

The best thing was I was able to set cruise control on some nice clear roads out of towns, cruising for two or three miles without interruption at 50mph (sat nav checked speed )

The onboard fuel consumption gismo showed a consistent 35.6 mpg, it didn't waver at all !!!  OK I know that dash units can be out by 10% but I will still take that at 32mpg as a win 😆

I am officially impressed !!

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Founding Member
4 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Proves yet again that the so-called traffic calming measures do nothing of the sort and are responsible for increased emissions. ;):D

Indeed.  If only the so and sos who make the rules did their own similar research and published it widely, we may have different traffic calming measures.  I am calm and my cars are calm when we are moving at a reasonable speed!

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Pretty bad this week on fuel consumption,  superunleaded e5...

The traffic has been horrendous again....dawdling between 15mph in 20mph zones , 26mph in 30mph zones etc etc,,,no one willing to overtake anything...had to do a couple of three car blast past overtakes,  just " dus my ed in " ...

Result, 21mpg to 23mpg max , arggh ...why can't these people go back to their offices , thought furlough had ended but it seems not..still can't speak to council departments,  or insurance companies,  tax office, dvla....some of my customers work for general civil service...they are still at home too !!!!!

• grrrr 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, PTR200S said:

dawdling between 15mph in 20mph zones , 26mph in 30mph zones etc etc,,,no one willing to overtake anything...

I had a similar experience after getting petrol on friday,some numpty pulled out just ahead of me in a white Ford SUV looking thing, think it was a Kuga but can't be sure.

Anyway, in a 30 limit, 22-26mph (it wasn't even a steady speed), in a 60, 40-45mph but would speed up for no apparent reason when the oncoming traffic disappeared, in a 40 it would be 32-35mph. Took ages to get to a point i could pass it because of oncoming traffic 😮

People like that shouldn't be on the road as not only was their speed up and down like a brides nightie, they were also all over the road like a mad womans breakfast, another factor that prevented me getting past sooner. Fairly sure if the fuzz saw them driving like that they would be pulled on suspicion of driving while under the influence.................

• grrrr 2

• 2 months later...

Had a decent run in mine the other week for the first time in ages, 260 mile round trip to Silverstone and back. Most of it on cruise at 70 and mine averaged 22.3 MPG, that's pretty horrific even for a 3.5. No idea why it's that bad? Maybe just needs a good service? Going through the history a bit deeper and all the uk services have been done by dealers so i'm assuming that means oil and possibly oil filter only. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2