Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe Keyless Entry Fob

Andy Mc

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Chrismas said:

I've been looking for the correct remote Key fob

Okay, so do you actually know your original receiver has failed and I assume you don't have a fob to eliminate it? Should you need a replacement any 1998-2002 Accord remote fobs will work, not the civic or jazz versions despite looking the same... Also, please consider that some earlier accord coupes had problems with their alarms and I have seen plenty of coupes with remote functionality switched off as its part of the alarm system and as result, I have fitted new remote locking systems to restore functionality including boot release features for a couple of members cars.

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s

Yes Stu, as far as I know the OMRON receiver is good. I pulled it out to get the serial number and Mhz frequency. I just want remote access via a fob, which I do not have. I believe the alarm works, as the horn went off the other day when I tried to get in with the window open and the door locked. Not sure about the boot release feature though. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 6/12/2020 at 11:24 PM, hughezee said:

so I will have a look in my spares, tomorrow fella...

Sorry for the slow response, I have found a spare fob, just waiting on a new battery to test, it did work but battery flat, wing over a PM if you still need one.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Finally got my stock of batteries yesterday and I can confirm the spare I have is not working ☹️ although found the correct one on eBay (G8D-452H-A) you might need a 3 button case for the boot unlock, that's assuming there is a button hidden on the 2 button G8D-452H-A, if the remote was from a 98-02 accord the third button will be there.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-CIVIC-CRV-JAZZ-ACCORD-HRV-FRV-2-BUTTON-REMOTE-KEY-FOB-G8D-452H-A/254609016991?

Three button case if needed? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Honda-Civic-Crv-Accord-Jazz-3-Button-Remote-Key-Fob-Case/110962843727?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Do you mean the internals of the two button remote, in this version, actually have the third button hidden inside the case ?

Excellent news if so, can transfer complete internals into your own case ! 😄

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

actually have the third button hidden inside the case

Most of the early G8D-452H-A remotes did and every 1998-2002 accord remote I ever replaced a battery in was three-button despite only showing two buttons for the hatchback model, it is the CR-V remote that can catch you out though 🙄

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• Site Subscriber’s

Happy bunny! The 2 items turned up today, from different sellers, and after a little bit of faffing about with the right sized watch battery (a CR 2032 instead of the 2025 I thought went in there at first), I now have a fully functional 3 button remote. The aftermarket case feels a bit flimsy , but it'll do for now!

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 2

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators

Argghh, fob stopped working again, checked battery, 3.11 volts, think these coin batteries start with about 3.6v ??

Hope its just the battery but real pain when it went as I had an armful of "her" shopping and couldn't get boot open..had to it all down so I could juggle the key into the locks...  these first world problems we have to face 🤪

Of course I don't have any of the 2025 type in stock..... 32 version, loads 😂

• Like 1

• Moderators

Got new duracell 2025 this morning,  voltage 3.22, not much better, I knew as soon as I saw the voltage its the remote or receiver that has stopped working. 

Thinking about it, I parked in a public car park, locked up with the remote...came out and it had stopped working...seen and had this before on other cars were a signal from shopping centre, taxis etc a feked the operation up..something changed in 20 minutes.

Might just go and disconnect the car battery, re connect, and see if it "resets" the, locking system.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Try this old trick first Pete - if you have separate lock/unlock buttons, get close to the car and press the lock button 5-10 times in rapid succession then the same with the unlock button. Once it unlocks, stop pressing.

If you have a single button (toggles lock/unlock), press and hold it for about 3 seconds then do the 5-10 times rapid pressing.

A likely cause if you put your keys in your pocket is a coin (or even other keys or something else) in your pocket can accidentally press the button(s) kncking the rolling code out of sequence.

As such, the reciever recognises it's getting a signal, just not the right code with it. Repeatedly pressing the fob that it once knew reminds it to wake up and smell the coffee so to speak and do its job.