Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Accord Coupe 2.0 owner

clayts450

Hi everyone

I'm a serial Rover apologist and whilst one of my fleet of four does have a Honda engine (the Rover 620), today I sold my soul to Honda and purchased this little darling for not very much:

TPivBWA.jpg

It has lunar mileage (182K) but she wears it very well indeed, with just a few bumps and bruises here and there. The interior is not even remotely tired apart from slight tearing to the driver's seat bolster.

Uneventful drive back from an Autotrader dealer in Peterborough to home in Nottingham.

Some bits and bobs to do on the car over the next few days:

• mini-service : I don't think the last owner (the 9th) was sticking to any servicing regime judging by the colour of the oil; i'll also do the fuel/air filter, spark plugs, check HT leads etc
  • drop and replace the ATF as it's in the process of changing from lovely pink to dirty brown (I've seen the tips on here about 3 drops in 3 months which I will follow)
  • get the timing belt changed - the service history provided suggests it was last done 14 years and 100,000 miles ago, so well overdue
  • service the brakes front and back (seasoned Rover/Honda owner, and the tell-tale sounds were there on the way home !)

I'll hopefully post a lot more about my efforts, but glad I was able to save this one - ultimately this car is likely to replace the Rover 620 as the 'wafting luxo-limo' on the fleet :)

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators

Welcome to the club, and congrats on your recent purchase, it looks a nice example for the miles and the 2.0 F-series engine is a very capable strong motor... Always liked the Honda-powered Rovers and I would have a 623GSI over the equivalent accord any day.:ph34r: Also the accord coupe 2.0 does share a couple of things with the Rover 600's the rear brake discs is one thing I remember. 😉

• Like 3

• Moderators

Welcome to the best club for the Coupe, ever  !! 

That looks a tidy motor for all those miles, look forward to seeing more pics as you progress through its transformation 😁

Keep us updated, we like a good story !!

• Like 3