Subscriptions & Donations ×

Front Splitter/ Lip/ Body Kit Chat 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

Kelvin

• Site Subscriber’s

Okay - it's safe to say the front of the Coupe looks pretty bland when it's black, has no bodykit or foglights. Finding a front spoiler from the kit without buying a whole car seems impossible, which leaves only aftermarket stuff, most of which is only available in the States unless you are prepared to pay a hefty premium.

The only front lip/spoiler that I've found is on eBay and from Bulgaria: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/123490811183?

Thoughts? One issue might be the fact its a later model one, I believe my '98 model bumper is slightly different but I'm not averse to modding it to fit.

I can't think of any other options. The car's colour hides the grilles, both upper and especially the lower venting, which leaves not much shape or definition to the styling and it's gotta be sorted. I had thought there'd be a little more choice but it seems not. There are the odd fibreglass Type R things around but modding would be needed and I'm not keen on fibreglass.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
18 minutes ago, DeanoCoupe said:

Howdy! Want to give my front end a meaner look.... Will this fit the UK spec bumper?

The splitter in the link is for 98-00 models according to the title and the illustration of it fitted to that year of bumper, so would say it will fit your existing bumper without a problem. 👍

• Like 1

To my knowledge there isn't a specific UK spec bumper. USDM and EDM bumpers are all the same except for USDM sedan of course. As hughezee said, 6gen's have 2 bumpers, there is the 98-00 bumper ( best one imho ) and it's indeed the one shown in your link and the later 01-02 bumper.

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, DeanoCoupe said:

Because the dickwad previous owner fitted oil catch cans and the 1UZ runs negative crankcase pressure, catch cans caused negative pressure and it shat a rod....

That's a good reason to remove it! There's a few on fleabay if it's any help?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe Front Splitter BUMPER LIP
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Gulp, that's expensive on postage and when (if?) you get slapped for import duty.....

When i was buying a few bits earlier this year from the USA, i dug into the Customs Rules. If the invoice value is £15 or more, you pay 20% Import VAT on it.

That's if it doesn't slip through the net, in which case you're lucky. :D

I believe there is another Import Duty that comes into play when the invoice value of the part you're buying is more than £100, the way i understand it (which might be wrong) is the duty payable (a percentage) is based on the difference between what you've paid for the item abroad and what you would have paid for it in the UK.

S&H, carriage, P&P or whatever you care to call it isn't included in the calculations.

Something to be careful of is buying things that equate to £15 or less on the day of purchase. Let's say on the day you buy it you pay £14 for it and it's $12 on the invoice. If the GBP gets stronger, not a problem but if it gets weaker and that $12 equals £16 on the day HMRC check the invoice value, you pay 20% VAT on £16 - sneaky, eh?

Oh yeah, when HMRC decide you need to pay something, they send a card via Royal Mail with the amount on it which you can pay online or over the phone with the reference number. What they don't tell you is Royal Mail add £8 to this for collecting the money!

Crafty sods!

• grrrr 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DeanoCoupe said:

Could the Accord type r bottom splitter be adapted to fit ? 

If you have access to an Accord Type-R and a tape measure you could measure both front aprons and see if they're a similar length - would give you a good idea.

23 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

If you have access to an Accord Type-R and a tape measure you could measure both front aprons and see if they're a similar length - would give you a good idea.

I have a mate with one, or I could just find the info on Google.... My other mate is very good with bodywork he could make it fit I am sure 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Measure your mates one - don't rely on Goggle, it's often incorrect because people think the same parts are fitted to the Accord Coupe as to the saloon/hatch models.

At least by measuring, you'll actually have the correct details in front of you. ;):D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Measure your mates one - don't rely on Goggle, it's often incorrect because people think the same parts are fitted to the Accord Coupe as to the saloon/hatch models.

At least by measuring, you'll actually have the correct details in front of you. ;):D

He lives in Wales I live in Essex, I  think I will just guess my bodywork mate will make it right 🤣

• Moderators

Get your mate to measure it then - we live in a world of technology where communication is easy and quick. The important bit is where it joins to the original spoiler/apron, that length. As long as that is right, your bodywork mate stands a good chance of getting it right when he fits it.

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, DeanoCoupe said:

Could the Accord type r bottom splitter be adapted to fit ? 

The UK 1998-2002 Accord is a smaller car, so I guess it would need heavily modifying to fit, making one as Dave suggested would be easier than destroying one to make it fit?

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1