Subscriptions & Donations ×

Front Splitter/ Lip/ Body Kit Chat 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

Kelvin

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

I'd naturally call it a front front spoiler but what do I know?!

You already have a front spoiler, it's designed into the bumper. However, you can increase downforce on the front end by fitting a deeper spoiler with a more agressive forward facing bottom lip.

A splitter is generally a flat (ish) pice of material, bolted or otherwise attached to the bottom of the spoiler/spoiler lip with a gap in between the two. That said it can also be integral with the spoiler and a diffuser

I've never been too sure of the function of a splitter, i heard once the function of them was to disrupt the frontal airflow to reduce downforce on the front ends (remember they were developed from F1) because some cars had too much downforce.

Looking up the definition on Wikipedia, it appears they are used to multiply the downforce by creating an extra pocket of pressure creating downforce on the area the spoiler is already creating downforce in.

Given the speeds of F1 cars, i'd suggest the splitter would only make a difference to a road car at licence losing speeds so apart from the aesthetics, it's just extra weight to carry most of the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffuser_(automotive)#Splitters

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, Kieran said:

I've been looking non stop for the past 4/5 days and I can't seem to find any rear bumper lips

Unless you're prepared to pay international shipping, it could be months or years before a car comes up for sale even with a kit fitted and one that's been broken for spares it's usually the first thing that sells.🖐️

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Unless you're prepared to pay international shipping, it could be months or years before a car comes up for sale even with a kit fitted and one that's been broken for spares it's usually the first thing that sells.🖐️

I'm prepared to pay the shipping, as it looks almost impossible to find one in Europe, I have found a couple of front spoilers, its a rear spoiler I've been struggling to find, and I don't want to buy a front one as I think it will be a bit odd? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Kieran said:

its a rear spoiler I've been struggling to find

One of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122241810952

s-l1600.jpg

Yours for $136 apparently! Not sure of the current exchange rate but probably ~£120 but check to see if they pay the Customs/Import Duty or you may find another 20% added on for Import VAT and possibly other duties that i'm not aware of.

• Site Subscriber’s
18 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

One of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122241810952

s-l1600.jpg

Yours for $136 apparently! Not sure of the current exchange rate but probably ~£120 but check to see if they pay the Customs/Import Duty or you may find another 20% added on for Import VAT and possibly other duties that i'm not aware of.

No sorry I meant rear bumper spoiler (lip) thanks though! 

I've got in contact with a few companies but had no luck yet

• Moderators

The big question mark for me is that i believe the US models had minor changes over the years so would be worth checking if they have a kit for the same year car as yours. After that research to find out if there were any major changes to the panels the kit fits to.

• Site Subscriber’s
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

The big question mark for me is that i believe the US models had minor changes over the years so would be worth checking if they have a kit for the same year car as yours. After that research to find out if there were any major changes to the panels the kit fits to.

I've had a dive into it and I'm going  to stay away from it anyway, I'm going to keep looking around, just finding it so hard to find any sort of bumper splitters/lips. I love the car as it is, but I just want to make it look a bit meaner to go with the mean engine! 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Kieran said:

I love the car as it is, but I just want to make it look a bit meaner to go with the mean engine! 

Different thought processes and tastes - i prefer the sleeper look so people don't suspect/expect it to be able to give them a clean pair of heels. Then enjoy their look of amazement when i leave them standing.

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s
17 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Different thought processes and tastes - i prefer the sleeper look so people don't suspect/expect it to be able to give them a clean pair of heels. Then enjoy their look of amazement when i leave them standing.

Thats what I've been starting to think more of lately, I let my dad drive it for the first time yesterday, he wasn't massively keen until he got behind the wheel then he was instantly sold 

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• 3 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Hi peeps, It's probably a long shot but has anybody on here purchased a lip/bumper kit on their honda? I know a few on here have the kit already on.

I've found a supplier after months of trying £300 for front, rear, and side skirts and shipping. 

Seems a decent price to me?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...