Subscriptions & Donations ×

Newbie Intro

Randell

Hi all,
Just a quick intro. Just bought my second Honda after years of trouble free motoring with my old Civic estate.
I've scaled things up slightly and bought myself a 1999 3.0L V6 Coupe, with less than 40,000 on the clock, and I can say from the outset, it's the nicest car I've ever driven.
I'm a huge fan already and I've only owned it for a whole week.
Smooth, powerful and as comfy as my armchair.
Looking forward learning from you all, and hopefully saving some hard earned.
Cheers all.

• Like 4

• Administrators

Welcome to the club and glad to hear your happy with the motor, the biggest thing with these motors is be sympathetic to its age and get all the mechanicals up to standard and all the fluids replaced especially the transmission and its well documented to avoid Honda ATF in this instance as its not compatible as Honda would lead you to believe.  I could give you a long list of things to check or do to avoid costly repairs down the line etc but its all on the site. So if you have any questions just use the ask the question section and we will happily point you in the right direction.  👍

Also, don't forget to share some pictures n the gallery at your nearest opportunity 😁

• Like 4

• Moderators

Welcome indeed !

Definitely in the right place now, in a quality car and on this great site ! 40k miles, wow, that's amazing !

Most of us have one or two Hondas so can appreciate your comments re the Civic 😆  plenty of help and interest available, as the man at top, hughezee , says,  just ask .

Don't forget to get those pics up of your new ride and lets see your Civic too 👍 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Welcome aboard the best and most informative Honda V6 site on the planet! We love pictures here so please feel free to upload plenty of your newly acquired V6 Coupe!

It's already been said that any questions, just ask - the silliest question is the one not asked! ;):D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Founding Member

Yep, I missed it too.  😯  Welcome welcome to the Wikipedia of all things Honda, especially the lovely, rare USA made coupe.  I’ve had two of them and they were both epic...although not as epic as my current Legend as I like my toys. 😁

Have a good look around the site and don’t be shy asking any questions, we’ve all been there. 

• Like 2