Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda V6 J30A Engine Tuning

hughezee

• Moderators

Yep, 30bhp I presume is the net gain but its not enough, 190 odd torque is just not good enough and no increase over a standard engine... the rotrex is better but by how much and how much more mods are required is not clear yet.

A look at the torque curve graph might indicate better road manners than standard motor , which could be interesting......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

If you remember the conversations we had on here some time back about my mates brothers one and fueling it with LPG, they had to treat it as a 600bhp engine because of the parasitic losses of the charger so net output was considerably less than 600bhp - can't remember the figures now but illustrates the losses quite nicely.

Even taking that into account, a 30bhp gain isn't a lot especially for the cost involved.

Exactly, for that kind of money you want a minimum 50bhp gain and a nice chunk of midrange torque... I could have supercharged my 1.6 Swift Sport to circa 200bhp from 136bhp for 4k ish

• Like 2

• Moderators

It seems as if a C38 Rotrex blower is pretty good but loads of mods needed too on a J32 motor, seems to be very little info on J30A ... The J30A4 seems to respond better as Stu has intimated at some point if I recall? 

Looks like a load of money......sort of gone off the idea now ....

Better off with spending the money on an S2K !!!!!        And a blower !!! ??????!!!!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

It seems as if a C38 Rotrex blower is pretty good but loads of mods needed too on a J32 motor, seems to be very little info on J30A ... The J30A4 seems to respond better as Stu has intimated at some point if I recall? 

Looks like a load of money......sort of gone off the idea now ....

Better off with spending the money on an S2K !!!!!        And a blower !!! ??????!!!!!!

I would be tempted to go down the NA route if I could get hold of the parts for a good cost.. But getting her running A1 will be a great start im sure, a trip to HQ is long over due 😎

• Like 4

• 5 months later...