Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Headlight Upgrade?

timberwolf

• Administrators

Sorry to drop a clanger so to speak but how do your headlights look are the lenses faded at all, I was a little underwhelmed by my standard and night breakers bulbs until I restored my headlights and what a difference. I've since sold my old units to another coupe owner who was having the same issue and replaced mine with new Honda units and its like night and day using the same bulbs and there are a couple of topics on the subject happy to link them if required?

• Like 1

Headlight lenses are actually excellent and crystal clear other than very small areas where the lacquer has been been chipped by micro impacts.

The dipped performance is now acceptable with the Stripey Elite Xenon bulbs and although I have yet to bench test them my guess is they are a tad over the old Stanley 51 watt bulbs.

Beam to me is a  bit disappointing but better than before.....all by 2 watts lol !

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I have had great results from my cheap Japanese  "blue" bulbs (not blue light, just coated)...... also used Night Breakers in another vehicle, big improvement.

There are a number of Phillips ones too if you don't want to get into the obscure brands stuff.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

I have had great results from my cheap Japanese  "blue" bulbs (not blue light, just coated)...... also used Night Breakers in another vehicle, big improvement.

There are a number of Phillips ones too if you don't want to get into the obscure brands stuff.

Was that "Mtech"?? They were good but hard to find them now

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DeanoCoupe said:

Was that "Mtech"?? They were good but hard to find them now

These were the ones I ended up using, another H6nda member recommended them... they are very good for the money... I daresay more money would bring better results...but not necessarily as some people have found !

The good thing was that they are not headed into the blue spectrum which actually gives less of a clear bright light the further you go on the K scale.

Not sure if these are still available but if you get something similar for not a lot of money , £7 delivered for two pairs !, then might be worth a punt... its only a couple of pints down the Nags Head !!🙄

HID_lamps.jpg

These are the original ones I took out , bit shot !!

HID_replace_these_1.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

These were the ones I ended up using, another H6nda member recommended them... they are very good for the money... I daresay more money would bring better results...but not necessarily as some people have found !

The good thing was that they are not headed into the blue spectrum which actually gives less of a clear bright light the further you go on the K scale.

Not sure if these are still available but if you get something similar for not a lot of money , £7 delivered for two pairs !, then might be worth a punt... its only a couple of pints down the Nags Head !!🙄

HID_lamps.jpg

These are the original ones I took out , bit shot !!

HID_replace_these_1.jpg

Thats them! Ebay job, they were really good 😎

• Like 2

As you have read I am in the same boat. As an interim measure I invested £14 for 4 bulbs by Stripey Elite on Fleabay. As much as I hate to recommend dodgey outfits who claim 100 watts and only deliver 66 watts they are blue and quite driveable.

• The title was changed to 1998-2002 Accord Coupe Headlight Upgrade?