Subscriptions & Donations ×

Do I count as a Newbie?

Cryistic

• Site Subscriber’s
12 hours ago, Cryistic said:

12 "quarts" is around 90 dollars but shipping is almost £400!

Is that £400 quoted by the lube supplier? Could be cheaper to arrange your own shipping though. My employer has an account with USPS and I would be willing to buy same quantity as you and share freight costs

• Like 2

• Founding Member
9 hours ago, RevvinKevin said:

Is that £400 quoted by the lube supplier? Could be cheaper to arrange your own shipping though. My employer has an account with USPS and I would be willing to buy same quantity as you and share freight costs

I think we need to get Hughzee, yourself and me together in a PM and see what our requirements are and how we can sort out the issue with postage.

That was from the international shipper from a couple of sites on the internet in the US.

I am tempted to use a top end Z1 synthetic replacement fluid in the rear diff chambers and see what the out come is, if we can find an easily available option in the UK that doesn't require shipping in the Acura DPSF then I think we would extend the life of quite a few Legends here in the UK.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Founding Member

Hopefully ground hog day will turn out well for me this time.

So what have brought this time?

2008 car in Black, 78k on the clock, one owner since 2008 before that it was a Honda demo car at Northampton Honda, top spec with smart cruise control and lane departure.

It's got a full Honda service history up to 2021, cambelt and transmission/drivetrain have been serviced according to the schedule by the dealer in late 2016, 20k covered since then

Decent set of Falken Zeix tyres, a bottle of Honda touch up paint, spare bulbs, 2 keys and the best of all it has a actual paper manual to read, the Bluetooth phone connector isn't set to use French, which is tres bonne Rodney.

It came with a fresh MOT with no advisories, so I'm hoping it will be a cost and stress free 12 months. 

The car is a Cat S due to bumper damage 4 years ago, I think the owner was an old boy who occasionally liked to touch park, the actual metal work is very good but the bumpers have a few scuffs, the interior is mint with only the inevitable glove box lurgy showing any damage, the cooled seats have been very nice today.

So it's everything the blue Legend wasn't, it's been cherished by the previous owner and I intend to look after it as well as he did, car cost £500 less than the Blue legend.

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Substitute 2008 for 1999, Honda for Jaguar smart cruise for normal cruise and no lane departure, Falken for Pirelli P6000 and no Cat S because the previous owner didn't park by Braille and you've more or less described my Jag.

Hopefully we both have good bargains!

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 7/9/2022 at 8:16 PM, Cryistic said:

Hopefully ground hog day will turn out well for me this time.

Big congrats on the recent acquisition Richie, looks nice and will you be attending this years meet in the new motor? 🤞😉

• Like 4

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Cryistic said:

I was going to enquire if there were any spaces left for the meet, if there is I'll be in attendance.

You are more than welcome to come to the meet Richie it will be great to see you and motor.😁

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Cryistic said:

The Alternator failed today 😄

Getting replaced under warranty on Monday, the dealers I brought it off have been very good.

How annoying  !

Is the warranty a written contract ((12 months?) or the legal requirements of the dealer to make good anything that could be presumed a pre existing fault ??

Asking for a friend 😆😆😂🤔🤔  !!!!!!!

Other than that are you enjoying the motor ? 😍😍

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Covered by the 6 months RAC warranty that came with the car.

I wouldn't be happy with classing it as a pre-existing fault as it went from  working and quiet to howling it's tits off with seized bearings and not charging in about 10 miles.

It's been great so far, which is why when the alternator started going it was so obvious due to the noise entering the cabin. I'll keep it for 6 months then start to look at getting some work done.

It does remind me of the coupe in the way it drives and the shape of the dash.

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1