Subscriptions & Donations ×

Do I count as a Newbie?

Cryistic

• Founding Member

Thanks for the welcome back;)

I like the tourer but I've got an RX300 I want to trade in, so I'm looking at a Legend, late 2.4 Accord or heaven forbid a CR-V from a trader.

Needs to be fairly new as it's the back up car for my Wife, she does a load of Buisness miles.

• Like 4

• Founding Member

Cheers Stu.

Theres a Legend near you I'm thinking about looking at so I might pay for a few hours of your expertise to give it a look over.

I'll be back in a big Honda next, the Lexus has been ok but it just doesn't feel as right as a big Honda does.

• Like 4

• Moderators
On 11/11/2018 at 3:39 PM, Cryistic said:

I'll be back in a big Honda next, the Lexus has been ok but it just doesn't feel as right as a big Honda does.

I know what you mean Richie - a friend of mine bought an LS430 after his 820i andwhile it's a great car, it just doesn't feel right.

What do you mean, you want wlecoming back? Didn't know you'd gone anywhere! ? ;):D

• Haha 2

• 3 years later...
  • Founding Member
On 11/11/2018 at 3:39 PM, Cryistic said:

Cheers Stu.

Theres a Legend near you I'm thinking about looking at so I might pay for a few hours of your expertise to give it a look over.

Well that only took 4 years.

DSC_0051.JPG

The old RX was a great car, quite sad to see it go in the end, hopefully this Legend will be a reliable as the Lexus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Founding Member
On 3/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, PTR200S said:

🤣 

Who's gotta big boy then !!!!!

We need details !!!

just wish they did a Coupe ....

2008 car, doesn't have collision avoidance or smart cruise control.

it's got 58k on the clock, a decent history though I think she's not been looked after that well in the past few years. It is a CAT D, it was written off in 2017 in the HPI report the only damage was it required a new bumper and the front of the car was resprayed, it seems quite a good job, I checked the inner wings and I cant see any sign of warping or wrinkling.

IT's going to cost a bit over the next year or so, cam belt, full fluid changes for everything, new tyres and refurbed alloys at a minimum, I hope then that it will last me a number of years.

It's very smooth to drive, very quiet but very similar to the coupes in the way it feels, the quality is really good.

I'm having to work from a PDF of an Acura RL manual as I cant seem to find a UK manual download.

The engine is a work of art, the only time you hear it is when it hit vtec and it really sounds sweet.

Tax is £600 a year, I needed a sit down after paying that yesterday.

• Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s
On 3/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, Cryistic said:

2008 car, doesn't have collision avoidance or smart cruise control.

Really? My KB1 is 2006/7. Still haven't worked out which but dies have both. Either it/they were an option (though they all came fully loaded) OR the radar sensor was damaged in the collision and hasn't been replaced and now disabled. 

Though the system self test would show a fault warning I'd have thought.

Do you have the owners hand book?

Have you found the near secret manual holder tray in the glove box yet 😁

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Both were an option, I wasn't really bothered about them as any long trips we do are in our XC40.

So when do we start our splinter group of Northants Legend owners 😁

The parts guy at Listers Honda in Northampton was all over it yesterday saying it was a shame they don't make anything like this anymore, which lead to discussions about Accords, Legends, Integras, Preludes and S2000s, Listers are still useless for parts, Johnson in MK are better if Cox's or Stu can't help you, it's a shame the old Corby Motors Honda Kettering service shop has gone, they were really top notch group of guys.

Cox's Honda package turned up yesterday with new Honda wipers at a good price, the screw fitting was something I'd never come across before but fitting was an absolute doddle  I can now see in the rain, which is handy 😀 

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Cryistic said:

Cox's Honda package turned up yesterday with new Honda wipers at a good price, the screw fitting was something I'd never come across before but fitting was an absolute doddle  I can now see in the rain, which is handy 😀 

He's turning all hubnut on us now 😆 any pictures or video of them in action?

• Haha 3

• Founding Member

Unfortunately it's not going to rain here for 50 years, and I'm out of screenwash so you will have to get Kevin to satisfy your frankly perverse desire for hot Legend wiper action.

I'm in Wellingborough Kevin, I work in Wollaston.

The only thing I know about Crow Lane is that Grenvilles night club used to be there in the 90s, I'm originally from Kettering.

• Founding Member

Kind offer Kevin but I'm not a fan of Bewitched coffee.

Thankfully I can remember very little of nights in Glenvilles, either through too much drink or repressing the terrible memories 😁

I've been looking at getting some Acura DPSF, the fluid is cheap but sweet Jesus the shipping is extortionate!

12 "quarts" is around 90 dollars but shipping is almost £400!

I'm leaning towards a top quality Z1 compatible fluid for the rear diff and just changing it every year, it was specified as Z1 throughout the Drive train apart from the transfer box and I think if a fluid is good enough for the gearbox then it should be fit for the rear diff, I can see a future as a guinea pig looming 😁

This is unless Stu can work his magic with his suppliers!

• Founding Member

Your efforts are appreciated Stu, I understand how difficult it is trying to get anything ordered from my experience with suppliers where I work, even usually reliable companies are struggling to get orders moving..

• Like 1