Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Number Plate Look

hughezee

• Moderators
8 hours ago, davebrads said:

I have removed the mounting bumps by shaving them off. I used the type of paint scraper that holds a Stanley knife blade. The thickness of the plastic was sufficient so that I didn't break through and all I am left with is the screw hole. I haven't got any further as the bumper needs a respray before the self adhesive number plate gets fitted, so all I've done is screw the original plate  directly onto the bumper for now.

Excellent, so there is no metal protruding above level of plastic ? 

I like the look of mine now screwed directly to bumper but its not flat because of those bumps.

Is the bump self coloured plastic?

When you say self adhesive plate do you mean the vinyl type we have been discussing? If so where did you get it made? 

Did you have pic of finished smoothie? :D

By the way, if someone is wanting Plates made up I can recommend this chap - I as well as a few hundred other Rover 75 owners bought our Rover 75 Shaped Rear Number Plate from him without having to go through all the usual hoops to get one!

Also he will make up anything you want basically. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUALITY-CAR-NUMBER-PLATES-ROAD-LEGAL-MOT-COMPLIANT-SHOW-PLATE-OPTIONS-AVAILABLE-/232404111109?hash=item361c5d4f05:g:RNMAAOSwo4pYI3gw

Ciao.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mangoman said:

Also he will make up anything you want basically. :)

Blimey, he has just about all the options you could want, thanks Bill :D

Only thing I cant see is the vinyl version...:wacko:

Will email them and see if it can be done.

28 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Blimey, he has just about all the options you could want, thanks Bill :D

Only thing I cant see is the vinyl version...:wacko:

Will email them and see if it can be done.

Hi pete.

No worries, you're welcome. :)

I'm pretty sure he does as the plate itself is of Vinyl on a Backing Plate - But I was very happy with the quality as were hundreds of others who bought from him! Also you can have your own Logo across the bottom if you wish - you just have to contact him.

2014-02-22_13.13.10.jpg

• Moderators

Just had reply back, Bill, they dont do vinyl but have found some companies that do using legal size  reflective vinyl with Charles Wright 2001 font as well.

Vary in price from about £4.80 ish upto 30 quid !!!

• Confused 1

• Site Subscriber’s
14 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Excellent, so there is no metal protruding above level of plastic ? 

I like the look of mine now screwed directly to bumper but its not flat because of those bumps.

Is the bump self coloured plastic?

When you say self adhesive plate do you mean the vinyl type we have been discussing? If so where did you get it made? 

Did you have pic of finished smoothie? :D

The metal plates at the back just pulls off but there is no reason why they can't be left I'd you are using then to mount the number plate. 

The plastic is black

The plate is vinyl (I think). I got it from Craig's Plates as they seemed the most respectable supplier though not the cheapest , and the plate is clearly good quality. It isn't fitted yet and sadly may never be fitted :(. More news to come when the car makes its way to Stu's but not under its own power. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, davebrads said:

It isn't fitted yet and sadly may never be fitted :(. More news to come when the car makes its way to Stu's but not under its own power. 

:( thats not good news but think along the lines of glass half full and that Stu may be able to pull that last half pint and you get to raise the  glass again  :D

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 8/29/2017 at 11:04 AM, kag8 said:

If you are brave enough to cut off the mounting holes, do it to the headlight washers too! :P give it a cleaner look all round!

Not that brave but did take off the reg holder mount bumps, cut off ready to be smoothed in, painted when weather bit better :rolleyes:

N72QqE9.jpg

GFmvhLe.jpg

wnevagv.jpg

• Confused 1

• Moderators

Managed to get perspex number plate on, need to make decision on vinyl plate now. 

Yes, Stu, I know! Get the finished pics up !

The last couple of days has either been work or raining , another airport run late this afternoon too ( manchester airport 5pm friday, yuk!)

Will try take pics later today.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

:lol::lol::lol:

:P:rolleyes::mellow: ignore the dirty motor the plate is attached to ! Especially Bill and Ahsy :rolleyes:

Glad you got the humour...lol.

Car looks pretty clean to me! And yes, do like that colour...:)

I'm going to have to say that I reserve judgement on the removal of the Plate Holder. Maybe a photo from farther away might help. Sorry. :(

I'm thinking a Vinyl Plate fitted directly onto the Bumper maybe...???

And Dave, I'm sure it is not my eyesight but I see no Border on the Plate, although I would agree a Border would look nice! And I would lose the Emblem, just have it plain.

Also a pre-2001 can have pre-2001 lettering. Thus:

PPPe_Bay-170508b.png

Compared to thus:

PPPe_Bay-170508b_1.png

Fills the Plate better because as a pre-2001 you didn't have to have the EU Emblem... :D

These are from Hardridden on Ebay.

Ciao.

NB. Mine has no Emblems.

• Moderators

Bill, like the pre 2001 lettering setup, and would probably have the vinyl done that way, no emblem is on the cards too!

Not sure about the border , used to have all mine done with some sort of border then I went into clean mode! ............ still, just maybe :D

• Moderators
19 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

Nice and if you don't mind me saying I think a boarder on the plate finishes any number plate off perfectly....lovely colour btw

Thanks, just wonder if it will look better with the vinyl, not sure you can get a border on a vinyl??,

Still a bit clunky with a perspex plate on.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, davebrads said:

My vinyl plate came with a border

Oh , right, that was Craigs plates? had checked a few other companies and they actually say no borders... but I presumed someone somewhere did one !:lol:

EDIT :

Just looked on Craigs plates but no info on borders... can get pre 2001 font though which is good..... maybe I am not entering / missing something re the borders.:(

• Moderators
9 hours ago, hughezee said:

I cannot see any pictures at all, same with a couple of your other threads Pete?

Hmmm, odd, i can see pics ok, question is;

can any other members see them?  Bill and Ahsy can, or could,  judging by their comments.

If not, then imgur now has "problem"