Subscriptions & Donations ×

98-02 Accord Coupe Leaky Boot?

AhsyV6

Managed to put some sealant in the boot gutter  of both coupe yesterday (before it started raining). The leaks in the blue coupe was quite bad in the boot, the water got collected in the plastic trays at the side and got iced over so was easy to clean, just had to get the block of ice out 😂🤣.

I checked the boot after it started raining and it seems to have done the job. Will have to wait for torrential rain to really find out if the seals are holding well 🤞.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting water in the boot, but not through the gutter seals.   It is leaking into the boot lid cavity. When I open the boot, the water leaks out the edges and runs off the bolts which hold the rear light. Then, when I close it, it runs out from behind the boot lid trim on the rear lower edge.   

I think the  water is getting into the boot lid cavity through a degraded seal between the rear light (the combined  fog light and reverse light) and the boot lid.  

I seem to recall a very old thread in the old forum about removal and refitting the fog & reverse light to solve water ingress in this path, but I cant find it now.  Is it still in the archives?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, welland99 said:

I'm getting water in the boot, but not through the gutter seals.   It is leaking into the boot lid cavity. When I open the boot, the water leaks out the edges and runs off the bolts which hold the rear light. Then, when I close it, it runs out from behind the boot lid trim on the rear lower edge.   

I think the  water is getting into the boot lid cavity through a degraded seal between the rear light (the combined  fog light and reverse light) and the boot lid.  

I seem to recall a very old thread in the old forum about removal and refitting the fog & reverse light to solve water ingress in this path, but I cant find it now.  Is it still in the archives?

Have a look here ????

Is this the thread you are thinking about ?

• Like 3