Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Founding Member
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

The creme I used is Gliptone stuff, I have a variety of their products too, the leather smell is intense when used but not sure it stays as much as autoglym stuff.

I added Gliptone to my detailing arsenal a couple of years ago and I like it. I like the leather smell quite a lot but it gives the Mrs a headache so haven’t used it in a while 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Today was an outside clean up again, paint is definitely suffering with some more scratches I haven't seen before 😞

need to some paint repairs and I still haven't plucked up courage to drill the holes in the boot for the spoiler, which is still waiting for a clear coat anyway !!

wheels need some more attention too....fluid checks , all perfect.....tyre pressure ok except one down a couple of pounds....I hope it's not another puncture. 

.........next was the Elysion....

• Like 3

• Moderators

Fixed the light in the clock, today, genuine Honda bulb, only three years since I started the job 🙄 

Remembered to insert the clock top first   🙂

Sat in the scrumptious smelling leather,,,,,need another go at it whilst its clean !!! Tomorrows job I reckon.

• Like 2

• Moderators

This morning was another Gliptone event !

Just spent two hours going over every inch of leather and now I need a chiropractor.... difficult stretched into every nook and cranny but feels like an achievement.  Will leave the car two days now to soak up its new coating then if I am feeling energetic give it one last go...

Perhaps 3 times is over the top but it does ensure that any missed bits get caught up and the smell of "new leather" is amazing anyway.....jeez, I can feel a headache coming on 🙂

• Like 1

• Founding Member

I personally feel the more coats the merrier and on such old leather it can’t possibly be a bad thing. That leather smell will be nice but definitely asking for a headache. You’re giving me the bug to do the same. 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AhsyV6 said:

You’re giving me the bug to do the same.

Same here Ahsy! I like to give it multiple coats too but usually leave a month or two between each to let it really soak in well, seems to last longer in between "attacks" that way! ;):D

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AhsyV6 said:

I personally feel the more coats the merrier and on such old leather it can’t possibly be a bad thing. 

Yep, my thinking too !!

This all Kelvins fault for doing his !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Founding Member
6 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

If it wasn't so hot I would wash it too......26C at 10am and rising

That would be asking for trouble with water spots galore unless in a shade and a cool body. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

That would be asking for trouble with water spots galore unless in a shade and a cool body. 

Quite right !! 

Forget the Coupe !!   

The only place is to be is for US to be resting in the shade 🌴 with a cool DRINK !!! 🍹

• Like 4

• Moderators

Just tipped 29C now.....the smooth hammerite that I am using has welded to the brush, which is now welded to the metal on my trailer...........not playing anymore 🤒

mad dogs..................🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Managed a clean up of the dash and associated spiders, webs, extinct flies and other detritus that has collected over the lockdown.. too hot for another gliptone  attack on the leather though.....retired to the beer tent.....

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Today I managed a complete top to bottom external wash...in between the thunderstorms !!

Bit disillusioned now as I found three more parking dents on the rear left panel.... the paintwork is looking tired in some areas too. 

I have started to correct some damage but I am undecided now if I should respray the car, totally, but then I think ; is it worth it really?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Administrators
On 6/27/2020 at 6:53 PM, PTR200S said:

I have started to correct some damage but I am undecided now if I should respray the car, totally, but then I think ; is it worth it really?

Just keep it looking smart and enjoy it, nothing wrong with a bit of patina Pete 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Just spent too much on the coupe today, totally unnecessarily but its mine 😄🙄😋

Not spent or done anything on "mine," just driven it 🙂

must do a fluid check later though.. 

• Like 3