Subscriptions & Donations ×

New owner to be of an accord V6 coupe

Bluejmc2005

Hi all,

Always liked the look of these wonderfully understated cars and off to see one in few days. 140k, auto but reconditioned box a year ago, good overall condition, 7 months MOT, good bodywork (with exception of lacquer peeling on bonnet..) nice dark green colour and supposedly drives well. Hear side suspension noise is slightly noticeable says seller, but I'd really appreciate any general tips on what to look for before I venture to viewing.

Great site btw!

Cheers,

Jason

• Administrators

Welcome to the club Jason, although I like the darker colours in the coupes they are known to suffer the lacquer peeling :mellow: but a good body shop could sort it restively cheaply unless it’s in a difficult area to prep. Also the suspension knocking is likely antiroll bar link or a ball joint, if it’s a ball joint could be costly in labour so get some gloves on a pull the wheel from the top to bottom any movement is likely the upper arm joint or lower ball joint ;) .

Also do you have a link for the car so we can have a nosey? :ph34r:

• Founding Member

Hi Jason, that looks like a nice example.  I had a 2.0ES Coupe a while ago and loved it, the V6's are getting rarer and rarer too.  They're made in USA too in case you didn't know.  Stu is the Coupe Guru, there isn't anything he doesn't know.  There are obviously other V6 owners on this site so ask away, I'm sure will receive answers.

Welcome.

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Thanks guys! Yes I did well, I am wondering of wrapping the bonnet might be a cheap way to cover the lawyer peeling?

I'd get a quote from a local body shop, might only be a couple of hundred to give it a blow over, less if you prep it.

• Like 1