Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Owner from Scotland

Stuart

Bought a 2001 Accord 3.0 V6 with 75,500 miles on it around a week ago.

Bust exhaust, now fixed.

SRS warning light on, now fixed.

Radiator leaking, now fixed. Got to admit fixing a plastic radiator was no fun but seems to be holding up. Genuine Honda part was £310, aftermarket was £75, the repair cost about £15 and needed a heat gun, some epoxy resin and loads of time .... loads of time!

Great car and looking forward to putting some miles on it.

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Welcome Stuart, you're in the best place for all things coupe.  Please post some pics up of your beast so we can all admire it.  ;)  Have a good look around, there are lots of threads about everything and anything for your coupe and more.  Please ask away of you have any questions, we all own coupes (or Honda engined Sterlings and Legends) and you're sure of a great response from people who know.

Welcome.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Actually Geoff - my mistake but i wasn't far out - "RV" is actually the Reading area identifier but as some car dealers in the north of Hampshire would have had Reading as part of their postal address (for example Mildenhall a few miles from me has Bury St Edmunds as part of the postal address) then there's a chance it was originally registered in Hampshire to a reading "postal address" if you see what i mean?

https://www.newreg.co.uk/dvla-number-plate-identifiers/

That gives more information and explains it in greater detail. ;):D

Good luck for the MoT, not that you'll need it i'm sure!

• Like 1

• Moderators

We've always had area identifiers Stu, way back in the 60s they were introduced to help determine where cars were from. From 2001, the position on the number plate changed. Instead of being the last two letter of the group of three, they are now the first two letters of the registration.

*** EDIT ***

I've just double checked and the link i posted applies to post-2001 registrations so RV is definitely a Hampshire identifier, Portsmouth to be exact Here's a link to another site that explains ALL of it much better :

http://www.wolfbane.com/vreg.htm

Scroll down to the pre-2001 identifier section and look for RV and you'll see it's Portsmouth ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators

No worries Stu - they seemed to make a big thing of the identifier being the first two letters of the plate when we changed to the current system in 2001 and i suspect this is where the confusion came about. Before that there weren't many people that even knew they existed in my experience.

Mine are UR, OJ and JF which work out to Luton in Hertfordshire :wacko: (it is and always has been Bedfordshire - the car was originally supplied in Cheshunt, Herts), Birmingham (i suspect given the age etc of the car it was an ex- B-Ae. Management car from the "OJ" reg) and Leicester respectively.

Quite weird how things happen in a way - Geoffs Purple Haze originally reg'd in Portsmouth and now in Birmingham, my Jeep originally reg'd in Leicester was bought from someone in Portsmouth and is now within shouting distance of Leicester. To my knowledge, my coupe worked its way from Birmingham to Bristol via Cardiff and possibly some other locations and the Sterling lived in and around Cheshunt for the first two owners, the third i'm not sure but the fourth was near me until i moved here 3 years ago but still isn't far in the great scheme of things. :D

• Like 1