Subscriptions & Donations ×

A potential accord coupe owner

timberwolf

• Administrators

Welcome to the club, great choice of motor although they are becoming rare :huh: shop with your eyes and nose before handing over your money. Also look for a good service history and a test drive is a must on all auto models as the gearbox requires regular maintenance, so check the fluid condition and shift quality. 

Also I have a couple of project Accord V6's that will be up for grabs soon so drop me a message on your budget ;)

• Like 2

• Moderators

Welcome aboard! Like Stu says, the Accord coupé is becoming very rare, especially in V6 form. Good ones can still be fuond though but beware the car that looks too good - very often someone has tarted up a dodgy car just to shift it and a few weeks/months later all hell breaks loose for the new owner when all the problems rise to the surface. Better to buy a car that wears its mileage/age with some honest (minor) bodywork scrapes and a sweet engine/box and higher mileage than a low mileage car that has just driven out of the showroom for the first time ever.

That's not to say you can't pick up a decent looking car for the right money but just be careful when you look.

There's plenty of advice and knowledge on here, we all own (or have owned) Accord coupés or similar and if one person doesn't know something, someone else will so feel free to ask

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Welcome Welcome Timberwolf to the bestest Accord Coupe Forum on the wibbly wobbly.  Stu (Hughzee) is our resident coupe Guru and he looks after a number of coupes including mine.  Everyone on here either has a coupe (2.0ES or 3.0 V6) and we all love them.  As Stu says our Ohio, USA coupes are becoming quite rare these days.  If you're looking for a coupe then you're in the right place too as Stu is currently working on a couple and personally, I would wait and see what Stu can do.  ;)

Have a good look around the site and don't hesitate to ask anything no matter how silly, we've all been there and you're in the right place to get quick, honest answers from people who know. 

Welcome again Timberwolf.  :)

• Like 3

I got one and will be picking up tomorrow, highly delighted as it's got proof of gearbox work and use of correct fluids. needs an oil change though any do's and don'ts in regards what oils to use. mileage is just under 100,000 as I didn't want a low mileage example as all the bad cars I have bought have been low mileage old lady owners who went to bingo and supermarket once a week types. avoid like the plague. :lol:

Thanks to everyone who has replied to me and thanks for all info.

• Like 3

• Founding Member

First thing to do Timberwolf when you get your coupe is:

1. Take loads of pics and post them on here so we can all admire your coupe.
  2. Start using Shell V-Power, the V6's love it.
  3. Go to Halfords and buy it something, it's the Law.  Even if it's a Magic Tree air freshener.  :D
  4. Tell us what it's like to drive, any niggles, any questions....we're all here to help and point you in the right direction, especially when it comes to fluids (ATF, oil, etc).  Using the wrong ATF will KILL your gearbox so please ask or even better, search the forum as there's loads of advice on here.    ;)
  • Like 3

On 16/05/2016 at 11:26 AM, Laird_Scooby said:

Give us a few clues then - colour, engine, gearbox etc? :wacko:

Dark blue V6 automatic Honda accord coupe with dark grey interior and the only fault I could find is drivers seat bolster has a small hole but after owning a few older mercs I,m used to it. looking forward to the drive back tonight.

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Excellent news, you'll be delighted with it.  The hole on the bolster is normal, I think it's due to the angle/way you have to get in and out.  Most blokes wear jeans and I'm sure it's the metal rivets on the bum pocket that rub there and over time, the leather just gives.  Only thing to do is have a new cover like mine:  ;)

5FCD9887-FD64-46D7-9334-DF74FF87E416_zps

• Like 2

I'm surprised by how much I don't notice the worn bolster anymore - probably because I enjoy driving the car so much?  Geoff, has yours been repaired/patched or completely replaced?  My mechanic knows a car upholsterer who could patch mine but I'm not sure I'll bother.

• Like 1

to get the bolster done properly it will cost a fortune at a competent upholsterer. I had a Citroen visa gti with the same problem nearly 20 years ago and it cost me over 100 pounds then and that was cloth. its not just a tear it also can be a problem with having to have the seat underneath the tear to be rebuilt.

Also ill try and post photos on here but I,m not very good at it but will have a go.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know Stu has recovered drivers seats using passenger seat covers but that is all dependent on the airbags. Not sure what a new cover from Honda would cost, based on my Rover several years back, about £400 at a guess. :blink:

• Founding Member
On 20/05/2016 at 8:28 AM, BN Coupe said:

I'm surprised by how much I don't notice the worn bolster anymore - probably because I enjoy driving the car so much?  Geoff, has yours been repaired/patched or completely replaced?  My mechanic knows a car upholsterer who could patch mine but I'm not sure I'll bother.

Errr....Not sure off hand....Stu....:blush:

• Like 1

• Moderators

I might be imagining it Geoff but i think Stu did a thread on using a passenger seat cover to recover a drivers seat and i think it was during his ownership of Purple. Some, all or none of that may be correct so apologies if that's the case!