Subscriptions & Donations ×

Servicing My 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe 3.0 V6

hughezee

• Administrators

Selection of service items for you 1998-2002 Honda Accord Coupe 3.0 V6, Honda UK Part numbers & Prices

Element Air Filter: 17220P8CA00    ELEMENT ASSY., AIR CLEANER    £27.60
Pollen Cabin Filter: 80291S84A01    ELEMENT, FILTER    £21.47  Two required    
In-line Fuel Filter 16900S84G01    STRAINER COMP., FUEL    £38.84
Engine Oil filter: 15400RBAF01    CARTRIDGE, OIL FILTER (LABINAL-PURFLUX) £13.28
Engine Oil filter: 15400PCX004    CARTRIDGE SET, OIL FILTER (TOYO ROKI)    £13.28  Recommended 
Oil Sump Bolt Washer: 9410914000      WASHER, DRAIN PLUG, 14MM    £0.71
ATF Drain Bolt Washer: 90471PX4000    WASHER, SEALING, 18MM    £3.79
Engine Spark Plugs: 980795514G    PLUG, SPARK (ZFR5F-11) (NGK)    £7.00  Six required

Should you have any questions feel free to ask us, also there are OEM or aftermarket alternatives available at a fraction of the cost of Honda UK prices. e.g oil, air, fuel, pollen filters ect.;)

• Like 3

• The topic was pinned
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Moderators

Just clocked my oil filter when I took the front wheel off, Honda Serviced car all its life and they have put on the standard Accord/Jazz/Civic filter.:unsure:

Is the PCX004 actually listed for the V6 ? I use this version for the S2000 which IS the correct one...

• Like 1

• Administrators

Good question, if you provide your registration number for the coupe they will give you the generic standard petrol oil filter 15400RBAF01, honda standardised the less important models e.g models from the late '80s onwards, with the notable exceptions of the NSX, S2000 and new FK2 Type-R. Fits all B/D/K/L/J/H/R-Series engines, and all F-Series except F20C/F22C.

The 15400PCX004 also supplied from the USA is the closest to the original one specified ;) 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Good question, if you provide your registration number for the coupe they will give you the generic standard petrol oil filter 15400RBAF01, honda standardised the less important models e.g models from the late '80s onwards, with the notable exceptions of the NSX, S2000 and new FK2 Type-R. Fits all B/D/K/L/J/H/R-Series engines, and all F-Series except F20C/F22C.

The 15400PCX004 also supplied from the USA is the closest to the original one specified ;) 

Good enough!  Thanks!

So it should be ok on small filter but I will change it to bigger version. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 2/11/2017 at 7:03 PM, hughezee said:

Either should be fine, the 15400PCX004  filter maintains a more consistent oil pressure, especially when your hoofing it :)

Hoofing it? Moi? officer, really didn't think I was going that fast:rolleyes:

Should be in workshop tomorrow changing the filter over, going to just drop the filter as the oil only done not many miles ago, according to the records..I see it is in an upright position so will be filling it full with oil first!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 Servicing “PART NUMBERS”
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, hughezee said:

Opie Oils or Cox Motor Parts (cheaper) sell them not sure on availability without checking with them first, but you could try a HAMP (short size) filter before they sell out? https://h-tune.co.uk/jdm-honda-hamp-synergy-oil-filters-shortie/

Presume these hamp should be ok with Elysion then too ?

• Like 3

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Presume these hamp should be ok with Elysion then too ?

Yeah, I talked about HAMP filters on another topic, but since we had a steady supply of the other filters (at the time) never thought to resurrect the discussion. I've started using the short MANN & ADL Blue Print filters or the longer genuine filters, However, they are not as good though as I get a little extra valve train noise compared to the Honda 15400PCX004 or HAMP Synergy filters on both my F and J series engines.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got the filters I ordered today from H-Tune with the part numbers are H1540-PFB-525. I checked the list of compatable vehicles and the 3.0L V6 'J' Series engine isn't on their list.
Are the filters I ordered the correct ones?
They look very small filters for such a large engine. :)

• Like 3

• Moderators

That's the correct filter ..H1540-PFB-525  according to the Japan.com parts listing presuming as it fits the S2000 ,which is the same filter as Stu quoted above its got to be acceptable !....

The H1540-PFB-515 is also listed on the All4honda.com for the 3 litre V6..

Not sure what the difference is physically between the 525 and 515....???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for that PTR200S, I want to do an oil change this weekend and would didn't want to put it off. I couldn't find any info on Japan Parts, but the info on Opie Oils clearly states that the filters I have bought will fit any Honda except the NSX, Insight and Diesel engines.
I'm looking forward to getting oily Sunday morning, and then fitting my Fumoto Valve. 
Have a great weekend everyone.

• Like 4

• The topic was featured
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have been a busy boy today and a big ty to Stu for the information supplied on what I needed to get to give my Coupe a nice service all the parts should be here within the week so gives me something to look forward to doing 🙂 

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
On 12/12/2015 at 12:00 AM, hughezee said:

Selection of service items for you 1998-2002 Honda Accord Coupe 3.0 V6, Honda UK Part numbers & Prices

Engine Oil filter: 15400PCX004    CARTRIDGE SET, OIL FILTER (TOYO ROKI)    £13.28  Recommended 
Oil Sump Bolt Washer: 9410914000      WASHER, DRAIN PLUG, 14MM    £0.71
ATF Drain Bolt Washer: 90471PX4000    WASHER, SEALING, 18MM    £3.79
Engine Spark Plugs: 980795514G    PLUG, SPARK (ZFR5F-11) (NGK)    £7.00  Six required

All ordered 👍

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

I should add that without this list I would have ended up with some wrong items. I don't mean ordering the S2000 filter rather than the standard but for instance the ATF washer suggested by the dealer was a completely different size. This isn't the first time I've had to specify a part rather than going on what the dealer fetches up based on my reg no. It appears they have an issue locating the 3.0 so items default to the 2.0

• Clap Hands 2

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

I should add that without this list I would have ended up with some wrong items. I don't mean ordering the S2000 filter rather than the standard but for instance the ATF washer suggested by the dealer was a completely different size. This isn't the first time I've had to specify a part rather than going on what the dealer fetches up based on my reg no. It appears they have an issue locating the 3.0 so items default to the 2.0

A lot of Honda part numbers have been superseded over the last few years and the inner and outer dimensions are now being quoted differently, so I have now updated the topic and removed the fill bolt washer number to avoid any future confusion. The 90471-PX4-000 18mm washer is what you need, my apologies for not updating the topic sooner more than happy to post you the correct washer with compliments.🖐️

• Clap Hands 2