Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Indicator Bulb 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

Pr1ths

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 1998-2002 Accord Coupe Indicator Bulb "REPLACE"
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Anyone any idea what bulbs I need for the coupe? I bought some silver PY21w bulbs but they're normal bayonet fitting and mine definitely aren't! They are now in the Vivaro looking better than the orange ones but I really wanna fit silver bulbs in the Accord!

• Confused 2

• Administrators
On 7/28/2017 at 12:09 PM, hughezee said:

Bayonet fitting and there is topic on replacing them but probably missing pictures ATM, so removing the splash guard clips in the area and pull the guard out of the way and reach in for the bulb holder   ;)

OSRAM-Diadem-PY21W-New-1_750_750.jpg

These are what I have fitted on mine as quoted from another thread?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Founding Member

These are what I have on mine: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-SilverVision-Silver-Vision-PY21W-Indicator-Car-Bulbs-Twin/253306500969?epid=1832722819&hash=item3afa3e7769:g:2fMAAOSwp0ZemC0T

Bought them in 2008 and fitted them to my previous CG2 and then transferred them in 2012 to the current one and still going strong. 

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
27 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

These are what I have on mine: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-SilverVision-Silver-Vision-PY21W-Indicator-Car-Bulbs-Twin/253306500969?epid=1832722819&hash=item3afa3e7769:g:2fMAAOSwp0ZemC0T

Bought them in 2008 and fitted them to my previous CG2 and then transferred them in 2012 to the current one and still going strong. 

Yep - bought these and went to fit the back ones but mine are some kind of slotted fitment, so used these in the Vivaro instead... I'm confused. I just assumes that like the headlight bulbs, they were an american fitment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Yep - bought these and went to fit the back ones but mine are some kind of slotted fitment, so used these in the Vivaro instead... I'm confused. I just assumes that like the headlight bulbs, they were an american fitment.

This post is about the front indicators mate, the rear indicator bulb is standard T20 bulb but you have the DEPO lights which are different again and are like the SYLVANIA one you've pictured above, but with some minimal persuasion an orange T20 will still fit, like the ones in your second picture.

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s
20 minutes ago, hughezee said:

This post is about the front indicators mate, the rear indicator bulb is standard T20 bulb but you have the DEPO lights which are different again and are like the SYLVANIA one you've pictured above, but with some minimal persuasion an orange T20 will still fit, like the ones in your second picture.

Cheers Stu! There was me completely confused - I know what to get now 🙂

• Like 4

• Founding Member

As soon as I saw the the first picture of the bulb I was confused as these are the ones I use in my rear Depos cluster(as Stu pointed out). 
I have chrome coated ones of these as well and with the the black plastic part too. 

• Like 5

• Site Subscriber’s
8 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

As soon as I saw the the first picture of the bulb I was confused as these are the ones I use in my rear Depos cluster(as Stu pointed out). 
I have chrome coated ones of these as well and with the the black plastic part too. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Chrome-Amber-indicator-flasher-bulbs-chromed-3157-3156-pair-stealth-T20-wedge/274413713186

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s

I've ordered some of those too - cheers for the help lads, she'll look much better with chrome bulbs and it's something I've been wanting to do for ages. Now Stuart has been spoiling her, I need to do the same.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 11/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, PTR200S said:

Found these too, not Phillips but anyone used them?

They're not Philips either! :P

Something i've just noticed on the listing that i've not seen associated with these chrome effect bulbs before is it states they're not for road use. I wonder firstly how rigorously that would/could be enforced and secondly, if the lamps are bright enough to be seen, what is the problem? 🤔

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
37 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

They're not Philips either! :P

Something i've just noticed on the listing that i've not seen associated with these chrome effect bulbs before is it states they're not for road use. I wonder firstly how rigorously that would/could be enforced and secondly, if the lamps are bright enough to be seen, what is the problem? 🤔

My Vivaro went straight through its MOT with them fitted - if there's a difference, I notice it in the lack of orange light away from the van.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

looks like those cheapies are not road legal but the philips are? Doesn't say philips are not for road use ??..also the revues say about the brightness being not as good as standard on the cheapies 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Wouldn't surprise me Pete. I've always thought the idea of those chrome bulbs was to remove the "fried egg effect" from clear indicators but many cheap bulbs barely give the necessary output without a covering on the glass.

Got a pair of H4 headlamp bulbs in the kitchen, brand new, fitted only for test purposes. They were a pair of Euro Car Prats cheapies that came with a car i bought. Even at brand new, they were dimmer than a 6 year old pair of ebay "Xenon look" cheapies that were much brighter when new.

Maybe that's why the cheapies state not for road use but the more expensive varieties are ok.

• Like 2