Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 3.0L V6 New Power Steering Cooler

hughezee

• Administrators

This was more of a preventive job although my original cooler was fine with only minor spots of rust showing :P anyway thought I would share a few shots of me replacing mine and before you ask yes your bumper will need to come off :lol: so check this post: http://honda6.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/32-accord-coupe-front-bumper-removal-how-to/

Fill the reservoir just above max mark and then start the engine and after 1 minute shut off the engine leave to settle for a few minutes.

Top up if necessary, but its a pretty straightforward job but any questions please ask ;)

• Like 2

• Moderators

Nice work there Stu - surprised you didn't paint it matt black to aid with heat dissipation and the extra coat of pant to protect it.

I suppose if you were either really stuck or fancied a challenge, you could make a coiled version from flexible copper tubing, solder some copper sheet fins in place and then paint that matt black too.

Hmmmm, ideas for an ATF coiler come to mind! :lol:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Satin Black would be good Geoff but Matt Black is better on something like this as it dissipates the heat better than something shiny, or even slightly shiny like a satin finish.

Perhaps Ed China has a secret stash of Satin Black that needs using up...................

• Founding Member

Think you're right, I know the shows are well edited and slick but he knows his stuff, doesn't he?  I seem to remember seeing somewhere that sometimes they couldn't find a buyer and some of the 'buyers' were actually members of the the film crew?  :o

"Paul" his helper does most of the work Geoff, did you ever wonder why Ed always has long sleeves on while working on a car, makes it much easier to hid whose arms they are.

A fair percentage of the cars on there end up off the road quite quickly as well, still it's entertaining enough until Brewer opens his mouth.

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned