Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Elysion owner

A53Platty

Hi there, collected my fresh import 2010 2.4 G-aero HDD yesterday, PX'd an E-class estate as I needed something easier to get in & out of but also wanted something that turns heads & isn't a euro-market sheeple carrier. As I've had previously good experiences with Honda bikes & cars, My 99 accord had 160,00 trouble-free miles when it got destroyed by an outreach bus, I'm comfortable with the brand. Also the Elgrand is just ugly - according to the wife, so I agree :D

1st order of busines is to get an Android head unit installed so I'll pick up in that thread. 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Hi there !

Welcome to H6nda  !

You have one of the "newer " Elysion on here so it will be interesting to see your ride in pics to see how things have changed with the later buses.

Your wife is correct , Elgrand are fugly  !!...and we like bikes on here too ,,,,well I do 😇😇😇 and a couple of other members as well, you still have Honda bikes??

Look forward to some updates 👍

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, A53Platty said:

Hey PTR, I'm between bikes at the minute, over the years I've had several CB900 & 750 F2's. Next bike will probably be a Yamaha Raider though.

Never had a 900 but a couple of 750 have passed through over the years !

Is that the XV1900 you are wanting ??

• Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome aboard - belatedly! Life has got in the way of living for the past few months for me but settling down again now thankfully!

The Elysion is gaining ground as a very popular choice among people who want the "thinking mans sheeple carrier" - in other words, not for sheeple! Hope you enjoy it!

Keep thinking about one myself but since finally overcoming the horrendous fuel consumption of my CR-V (Accord in a breeze-block dress) i think i'll stick with it but i do miss that V6 growl/howl although i do have something that gies it to me! :P

• Like 1

The ride of the Elysion is superior to the E-class it replaced. But that CVT whine! Reminds me of the Almera Tino I bought in a pinch when my Accord got totalled. But I traded that in for an S-type 2.7 TD Sport, lots of car for not much money. Shame about the reliability though. Might get another one for weekends but I couldn't rely on it as a daily driver. Can't compare fuel mileage at the moment because since getting it I've been stuck at home doing the school run. The tank seemingy only holds 45 litres, the gauge never reads above 3/4 full & is only giving 5.5 KM/L on the trip comuter, which is a shockingly bad 15MPG. May as well have bought the V6, I think.

The Elysion ICE hasn't lived up to expectations either but getting something up-to-date & useful into it hasn't been too expensive. Fuel economy should improve once I start commuting in it again & I'm considering an LPG conversion as well.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, A53Platty said:

But I traded that in for an S-type 2.7 TD Sport, lots of car for not much money. Shame about the reliability though.

Only to be expected from a horrendous diesel converted from a peach of a petrol engine by Peugeot and Ford.

The ride of the Elysion is superior to the E-class it replaced. But that CVT whine!

I'm glad about that - i nearly bought an E-Class (S124) when i was looking and bought my CR-V, good to know Honda ride quality in general is better than Mercedes.

Is your Elysion a CVT jobby then? The V6 would probably have been better on petrol as it's a "normal" automatic rather than a "rubber band" thing. Getting it up to normal road speeds would help though.

I'm considering an LPG conversion as well.

Have a quick look at this page, one post is comparing my local LPG price and the economy i get from it Vs economy on petrol and my local BP Ultimate price.

While i'm one of the most pro-LPG people on here (maybe the most pro) i can't justify the cost of going somewhere special for it when the different consumption figures outweigh the cost saving. Likely to get worse with what's going on in the Middle East and Russia, now that senile Joe Biden has stopped LPG (or propane as they call it stateside) production plants being built.