Subscriptions & Donations ×

Newbie here

markap385

On 11/24/2023 at 3:10 AM, PTR200S said:

Welcome to H6nda !!

Don't forget we need pictures , 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  of your progress....., is it on the road ?  Are you just wanting to improve it ? 

It's on the road. Clean and tidy underneath runs really well, found a bonnet and headlights now, taking it back to standard,

• Like 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, markap385 said:

It's on the road. Clean and tidy underneath runs really well, found a bonnet and headlights now, taking it back to standard,

Great stuff !!

Get those pics up and tell us how you got on with the changes  🤞

• Like 1

• Moderators

There is always one dissenter - i like those lights!

Honda made the 2nd gen CR-V with square (ish) headlamps and on the facelift fitted lights with two round reflectors in the same housing as the pre-facelift. I keep thinking about "updating" my lights which would be a very similar look to what you have there.

Of course if you want the original look then the original lights are what you need to go for and it's what you want/like as it's your car.

On 11/16/2023 at 9:22 PM, hughezee said:

Hi there and welcome to the club 😉 whereabouts are you located 🤔 I might be able to help with the parts you need. 👍

If you can help, I'd need the headlight bulb wiring as the previous owner chopped the wires about to fit the aftermarket headlights, and when I put the standard housings back in am I right in thinking the bulbs are hb3 and 4?

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 7:55 PM, markap385 said:

Hi all, I've just purchased an 2000 accord coupe auto 2.0vtec 

I can't find parts for there's anywhere. I love this car as I've owned one previously many years ago..

Need a bonnet ( any colour) 

And headlights. 

Please help 🤔🤔

Congratulations on getting the coupe. I remember seeing yours on Facebook marketplace. You are right about the parts being rare, majority of the sourcing can be found from the USA as there is alot of support and aftermarket choices for these cars over there. 

If you are thinking about getting the headlights back to stock, I would suggest looking on eBay for a good used Stanley brand set, there are quite a few being sold in the UK. Another option is to go aftermarket and try Amazon or Andy Auto Sport, but again these are from the USA. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Harry93 said:

again these are from the USA. 

Chances are they'll be Right Hand Dip in that case so the opposite to what we need here where the light beams dip towards the left but kick-up to show road signs etc better leaving the area to the right of the car (where oncoming traffic is) darker so you don't dazzle oncoming traffic.

Foreign headlamps dip the opposite way so oncoming traffic is dazzled worse on dipped beam than on main beam - loads of US spec cars round here with US spec headlaights and don't i knw it after dark! :o

42 minutes ago, Harry93 said:

Congratulations on getting the coupe. I remember seeing yours on Facebook marketplace. You are right about the parts being rare, majority of the sourcing can be found from the USA as there is alot of support and aftermarket choices for these cars over there. 

If you are thinking about getting the headlights back to stock, I would suggest looking on eBay for a good used Stanley brand set, there are quite a few being sold in the UK. Another option is to go aftermarket and try Amazon or Andy Auto Sport, but again these are from the USA. 

I've found a set of uk standard headlights on ebay, I've ordered them, the only set I could find across the entire Internet sales sites.

Just need to polish up the lenses and they will be good to go.

Only thing I need to do is re wire the loom as the previous owner chopped them about to fit these after market ones 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

There is always one dissenter - i like those lights!

Honda made the 2nd gen CR-V with square (ish) headlamps and on the facelift fitted lights with two round reflectors in the same housing as the pre-facelift. I keep thinking about "updating" my lights which would be a very similar look to what you have there.

Of course if you want the original look then the original lights are what you need to go for and it's what you want/like as it's your car.

Well these ones are up for sale if you're interested. £50ono takes them 🤔🤔

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, markap385 said:

If you can help, I'd need the headlight bulb wiring as the previous owner chopped the wires about to fit the aftermarket headlights, and when I put the standard housings back in am I right in thinking the bulbs are hb3 and 4?

Sure I will sort out the wires needed and yes HB3, HB4 are the main bulbs. 👍

• Like 2