Subscriptions & Donations ×

New car , new member

shiner

Hello 

Just brought a 2001 honda accord 3.0 v6 auto with 62k and full dealer history and belt change this year completed

Picked it up last night and noticed as it got dark on the way home the dash lights are not working, the dimmer switch in the cluster is dimming and brightening ok on the gear selector  indicator and the odometer. Has anyone had this before , is it a common issue please?

The only other issue i can find is the passanger window motor is silent and not doing anything from either switch , any ideas?

Thanks 

Andy

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shiner said:

Hello 

Just brought a 2001 honda accord 3.0 v6 auto with 62k and full dealer history and belt change this year completed

Picked it up last night and noticed as it got dark on the way home the dash lights are not working, the dimmer switch in the cluster is dimming and brightening ok on the gear selector  indicator and the odometer. Has anyone had this before , is it a common issue please?

The only other issue i can find is the passanger window motor is silent and not doing anything from either switch , any ideas?

Thanks 

Andy

Hi and welcome to H6nda  !!!

Sounds like you have a good example from your description of low miles 😁

Re your issue with the passenger window, might sound silly but is the switch above the window switches on ???  If off it disconnects the passenger window.

If it is on then I would be checking for power at the window motor first before you get dismantling anything.

When you say the dash lights are off but the dimmer switch still operates the odometer and gear selector lights ???? Do you mean the central console lights are out or the speedo/ rev counter out in the central cluster  ??

May well be a number of the bulbs are blown...

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. Mean that the fuel temp rev and speed , no illumination at all . Then all comes back for a second then goes out again. Logical it's a loose connection but could be anywhere, wondered if it was something common.

The window is switch on , on the switch. So door card off and check the power at the motor then . Where is recommended to buy a replacement please?

• Moderators
On 8/9/2023 at 5:25 PM, shiner said:

Just bought a 2001 honda accord 3.0 v6 auto with 62k and full dealer history and belt change this year completed

By the way , we need pictures  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

• Administrators

Welcome to the club and if you have any pictures to share please use the Club Gallery 👉 : https://honda6.ipbhost.com/forum/514-car-gallery/

Alternatively you can send them to me direct: hughezee@live.co.uk

• Administrators

Picked it up last night and noticed as it got dark on the way home the dash lights are not working,

Sounds like it could be a multiplexer issue, I have fixed this a few times now and I am just wondering do you have an aftermaket radio installed?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The dash lights were also an easy fix. Removed the instrument cluster trim and the the screws holding in the cluster.

The green multiplug looking towards the clocks on the left whilst latched properly, when manipulated flashed the dash lights , on found a place they worked permanently and secured into that position with a descreet placement of a tiny plastic wedge. 500 miles done of perfect dash lights.

No other issues to report ...

This is unusual , my other car is a 3.0d jaguar xf-s 😂

• Clap Hands 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, shiner said:

The dash lights were also an easy fix. Removed the instrument cluster trim and the the screws holding in the cluster.

The green multiplug looking towards the clocks on the left whilst latched properly, when manipulated flashed the dash lights , on found a place they worked permanently and secured into that position with a descreet placement of a tiny plastic wedge. 500 miles done of perfect dash lights.

No other issues to report ...

This is unusual , my other car is a 3.0d jaguar xf-s 😂

Excellent news, just drive it now !!!......still waiting on some pics though 😛😛😛😛😛

Haha, yes, been there with Jaguar 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

• Founding Member
10 hours ago, shiner said:

This is unusual , my other car is a 3.0d jaguar xf-s

That’s one of the options I’m looking at? It’s either a 65 plate 3.0d portfolio S or a 13-15 3.0 petrol supercharged portfolio (preferred option but VERY rare). What are you thoughts on ownership? 

57 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

That’s one of the options I’m looking at? It’s either a 65 plate 3.0d portfolio S or a 13-15 3.0 petrol supercharged portfolio (preferred option but VERY rare). What are you thoughts on ownership? 

To be fair , I've been really really lucky. 2010 3.0d xf+s . Brought on 163k miles and now on 199k with only consumables to fix, brakes tyres etc..and a coolant outlet leak , which is common. Really good to drive.

• Like 2